Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Zafira-e Life

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Does it come with a catching fire feature like the other models?

• Moderators Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

JohnC. wrote: »

Would it be a zafira if it didn't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Maybe, it’s hot stuff

Now Opel is Peugeot have they not resolved those problems? GM didn’t give a poo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Did I read that correctly, it can take 100kW charger.
    Good to see, some progression

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Isn't that just a dressed up Fiat scudo / Citroen dispatch / Opel vivaro

I didn't see a price , but expect expensive if it's got a very big battery pack ,

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

It's not one of THOSE zafiras ,

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

That's not a Zafira really. They are just carrying the popularity of the Zaffy brand to market this passenger van. A current model zafira costs about 35k new and they sell well. I had the previous model before going electric.

The new design starts off at over 50k and the electric version will be a great deal more than that (65-70k perhaps). Leaving the electric version aside, it's jumped too far outside the price point the zaffy customer was willing to pay. I don't see many private sales of these. I predict a serious flop.

Free Palestine from Hamas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭Miscreant

That's not a Zafira really. They are just carrying the popularity of the Zaffy brand to market this passenger van. A current model zafira costs about 35k new and they sell well. I had the previous model before going electric.

The new design starts off at over 50k and the electric version will be a great deal more than that (65-70k perhaps). Leaving the electric version aside, it's jumped too far outside the price point the zaffy customer was willing to pay. I don't see many private sales of these. I predict a serious flop.

My mind boggles at the price of these passenger vans!

You can get a Vivaro "Combi" for 30k which looks the same (externally), just not as plush inside. The 20k price difference between the two is a huge chunk of change to be spending on a glorified "van with seats". Add the electric Zafira version in there and you are at more than double the cost of the Vivaro (I am aware the Vivaro is ICE only but that price difference is just madness if you ask me)....

I don't see this thing selling in any more than single digits per year here TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

Miscreant wrote: »
    My mind boggles at the price of these passenger vans!

You can get a Vivaro "Combi" for 30k which looks the same (externally), just not as plush inside. The 20k price difference between the two is a huge chunk of change to be spending on a glorified "van with seats". Add the electric Zafira version in there and you are at more than double the cost of the Vivaro (I am aware the Vivaro is ICE only but that price difference is just madness if you ask me)....

I don't see this thing selling in any more than single digits per year here TBH.

The Zafira E-Life is based on the Peugeot Traveller (AKA Citroen SpaceTourer and Toyota ProAce Verso)

The Vivaro Combi is based on the Renault Trafic (AKA Fiat Talento and Nissan NV300)

So 2 completely different vehicles.

• Advertisement

The Zafira E-Life is based on the Peugeot Traveller (AKA Citroen SpaceTourer and Toyota ProAce Verso)

The Vivaro Combi is based on the Renault Trafic (AKA Fiat Talento and Nissan NV300)

So 2 completely different vehicles.

The Vivaro Combi is identical to the Citroen Space Tourer, Toyota ProAce Verso and the Zafira Life (which the E is based on)..... The front and side windows are a match (as is the location of the fuel filler) and these vans are clearly all based on each other.

The Opels:
    519463.JPG

Citroen:
    519464.JPG

Toyota:
    519465.JPG

The front windows on the NV300, Traffic and Talento are angled upwards from front to back and are different designs, as is the rear set of windows on for these 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭Patser

No they electrocute you now.

Patser wrote: »
    No they electrocute you now.

That's a shocking statement to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭Patser

That's a shocking statement to make.

Stunning

Wow, some negativity around here. Not sure why

The one thing missing from electric cars is a decent 7+ seater.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Yeah but this is a van with windows, in the same way that a Nissan eNV is.
    Why can’t we have an electric S-Max or similar?

Van with windows has its place of course.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yeah but this is a van with windows, in the same way that a Nissan eNV is.
    Why can’t we have an electric S-Max or similar?

Van with windows has its place of course.

I had a Galaxy till I sold it, thats a transit with windows. In reality at some stage we will end up back in something similar.

The hybrid SMAX will be out, full electric will be a while and probably the Buzz will be the first mainsteam one

I had a Galaxy till I sold it, thats a transit with windows. In reality at some stage we will end up back in something similar.

The hybrid SMAX will be out, full electric will be a while and probably the Buzz will be the first mainsteam one

A Galaxy is completely different to a Transit.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    A Galaxy is completely different to a Transit.

Not if you drive one

Wasn't the original Citroen dispatch / Peugeot expert / fist scudo based on a people carrier in the first place ? (The 806 and Fiat ulysee )
    So it's going back to its roots

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement

Not if you drive one

I’ve driven both, still doesn’t mean the Galaxy is a van with windows. It’s a purpose built mpv.

For me, it’s the price gouging. I don’t see how adding rear seats, windows and a bit of extra trim can double the price. I actually don’t care that it looks like a van. I would drive it, but not with the asking prices we are to expect.

For me, it’s the price gouging. I don’t see how adding rear seats, windows and a bit of extra trim can double the price. I actually don’t care that it looks like a van. I would drive it, but not with the asking prices we are to expect.

The price hasn’t been released yet

The standard Zafira Life starts at 51k. I don't see the Zafira E version being cheaper. :)

Priced not to sell which is what they want, a lot of manufacturers don't have the battery supply.

Diesel is still highly profitable and until that changes prices won't come down.
    It would also want a decent motor in there, the 130 hp motor from the peugeot electrics is ridiculous in something that size and it would feel like the bad o'l days of non turbo diesels and it would be frustrating to drive and be crap on the motorway.

The French just don't get having decent power, electricity is cheap so no need for low power.

Even Hyundai get it, 200 Hp is decent.

Corsa from €17,795
    Corsa e from €27,338 (after rebates)

That's a 54% increase if going electric.

If we apply that to the base price of the Zafira e, we will see a price of €78,840.
    That's the best pat of a 28k increase. I was being conservative with 65-70k.

The standard Zafira Life starts at 51k. I don't see the Zafira E version being cheaper. :)

All those large vehicles start around the same price, it the electric version is circa 50-60k then that would be a good price

What you are supposed to do with them is buy and run for 20 odd years till kids are grown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

The Vivaro Combi is identical to the Citroen Space Tourer, Toyota ProAce Verso and the Zafira Life (which the E is based on)..... The front and side windows are a match (as is the location of the fuel filler) and these vans are clearly all based on each other.

The Opels:
    519463.JPG

Citroen:
    519464.JPG

Toyota:
    519465.JPG

The front windows on the NV300, Traffic and Talento are angled upwards from front to back and are different designs, as is the rear set of windows on for these 3.

Apologies, I thought the Renault Trafic was still the Vivaro.
    I have a Renault Trafic myself so I knew that the Vivaro had been based on that.
    Many of the Opel dealers are still showing the Trafic based van...

https://www.hinchysopel.com/vans/vivaro-combi/index/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ie_ove-55926168419&ppc=ie_ove-cpc-55926168419&c=s2s

I looked at the Peugeot vans when we were buying the Trafic, and IMO the Renault is far better van.

Some commentators are expecting Tesla to announce a van based on the Mercedes Sprinter. That would be a game changer, if it comes to be...

Advertisement