Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society - Kilkea Castle - 18th July 2020 @ 11:56

• 09-07-2020 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭

After what seems like an eternity, we are, at last, back to our outings with the society.

And we're out to a new course for the group, Kilkea Castle (https://www.kilkeacastle.ie/golf/), which is the home of our former Captain, Benny.

519335.jpg

My Captain's year to date has been a bit of an anti-climax, so I'm itching to get things back up and running.

The provisional booking size is for 30 people. I can request extra times, so would appreciate people Accepting/Declining ASAP so that we can deal with the club.

We are looking at sending out 2 Teamer invites for this, 1 for Golf, 1 for Food, as the club works on bookings only for the restaurant due to the current environment.

NB to anyone who won a prize at our first event, but didn't get a chance to collect, I still have your prizes kept aside.

We'll look to our resident IT support, GolfGraffix to set us up with digital scoring on the day.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,781 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Hope I can make this one, meant to be heading away for a few days so on the fence at the moment.

PS teamer invites have been sent, however it seems there might be an issue as they are sitting in a queued status

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Pierce Purcell game I am helping out with is provisionally in that day

• Registered Users Posts: 15,781 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Teamer is still hanging.
    I’ve submitted a ticket to see if they can fix it.
    In the meantime if anyone who plans to play can let us know here.

I’m in with a guest

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

I'm on for Kilkea

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gmur1894

Hi Lads. Please put me in for this outing. Looking forward it. Regards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Rainbow Warrior

I'm in for Kilkea and food afterwards.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Stick me down for the outing please and if possible can I request an early tee time as I'm working that night. Looking forward to getting out with ye and catching up with a few familiar faces

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭a post punk

I thought this was the week before so won’t make this 1. I’ll see ye at the next outing. Enjoy the round :)
    PP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Sorry folks, just confirming dates. Thought we had moved the Kilkea date. But it should be marked for the 18th, not 25th. Will get mods to update thread title

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Count me in and early tee time too please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Alanm

I'm in, late tee time if possible please

Teamer has gone out so hopefully people got notifications, its filling up fast and looks like we have space for 32 & no more as there are societies either side of us, so can everyone make sure they keep us informed as soon as possible to any change in availability

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Break80

Hi Lads.
    I am in for golf and food please.
    Looking forward to seeing ye.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Snackbox20

Count me in please for this outing and also for the food afterwards.
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Snackbox20

Happy days, accepted on teamer.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭thelostboys23

Won't make unfortunately still having to catch up work at weekends until the creche opens back up...boards outing debut postponed enjoy all.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

Put me down for this one please. I declined on teamer as I thought date was 25th but I’m good for 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

Won't make this one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Can't make it, camping that weekend, here's hoping for decent weather.

Timesheet is now full everyone. As mentioned, there are societies either side of us, so unlikely to have any scope for extra slots.

I'm maintaining a waiting list, so if peoples circumstances change, can you please let us know asap.

To note, a few people only accepted the meal afterwards, and not the golf. I'm going to guess that was a slight oversight on their end :rolleyes:

I incorporated that in to the list of people down to play and am pretty sure that I got the timings right for the acceptances.

This scenario will likely be the same for future events (ie booking in for Food after) so can people please take care to keep an eye on the Teamer notifications and accept where necessary.

Will get a timesheet up as soon as possible and update people as changes arise.

• Advertisement

Hi All,

Just to confirm on the day that the cost will be €35 for the round and we will run a 2s club. I'll contact the club to confirm if they have the tools to run a NTP and LD competition.

As we had done for the prior cancelled outing, ideally if we could use Revolut to transfer that would be helpful so the handling of cash is minimised.

I'll set up a Whatsapp group for the outing to simplify the communications on that front.

Also, if anyone has had any significant handicap changes over the last couple of weeks, could they please notify us here as there is a cap on the society handicap relative to your GUI and we will be setting users up on the digital scoring system and need accurate information to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Am good to go, looking forward to it, have accepted on teamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Thanks Captain, looking forward to this outing, has been a long time. Could it be possible an early tee time please?

Also in for food

Won't make this one :(

No worries NewInDublin. Hope the back is recovering well?

Provisional Timesheet for now as well as Backup list. Have based it on the tee time requests so far.

Sorry we can't accommodate everyone:

Tee Time|Player 1|Player 2|Player 3|Player 4
    12:04|break80|CharlieIRL|Slave1|OffalyMedic
    12:12|GolfGraffix|Gmur1894|Rossyd2005|Jarrieta
    12:20|Seve OB|Seve OB Guest|Rainbow Warrior|Snackbox20
    12:28|A Post Punk|Recycled|Macker1|Paulos53
    12:36|Panic Stations|FixDePitchmark|Brian Rossiter|Athlone99
    12:44|Golfnut203|Iang87|Benny79|Golfhead65
    12:52|The Big Easy|Kevh1984|Ballyk|Pakman
    13:00|Spacecoyote|Alanm|Tigerwood1|Princess Poppy
    Backup List
    Ballyman
    Kieran.
    Kiith
    Kingswood Rover
    Woodyg
    Gypsy79

Of the 32 in current available slots, the following have confirmed they want food so far:

Food
    Snackbox20
    Pakman
    Brian Rossiter
    Break80
    Golfnut203
    Athlone99
    A Post Punk
    CharlieIrl
    The Big Easy
    Golfhead65
    Jarrieta
    Gmur1894
    Recycled
    Alanm
    Paulos
    Rainbow Warrior

If any of the above is incorrect (I know there may have been a few incorrectly updated acceptances due to the 2 teamer notifications sent) please let me know and I'll update accordingly. As things stand they have blocked out space for 20 to eat for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭gypsy79

I got it wrong as misread date. Add me reserve list.

Wont be too disappointed, as with a 2 week old it is hard enough selling a round just down the road in home course to wife

gypsy79 wrote: »

Wont be too disappointed, as with a 2 week old it is hard enough selling a round just down the road in home course to wife

Done.

Congrats on the new baby by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

gypsy79 wrote: »

Congrats 79, Sign the nipper up asap to Dublins Red and Black

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I’m ok for food Space, gonna stop on the way home to charge the car and will grab something then.

• Advertisement

Revised table, recycled out, ballyman in

Tee Time|Player 1|Player 2|Player 3|Player 4
    12:04|break80|CharlieIRL|Slave1|OffalyMedic
    12:12|GolfGraffix|Gmur1894|Rossyd2005|Jarrieta
    12:20|Seve OB|Seve OB Guest|Rainbow Warrior|Snackbox20
    12:28|A Post Punk|Ballyman|Macker1|Paulos53
    12:36|Panic Stations|FixDePitchmark|Brian Rossiter|Athlone99
    12:44|Golfnut203|Iang87|Benny79|Golfhead65
    12:52|The Big Easy|Kevh1984|Ballyk|Pakman
    13:00|Spacecoyote|Alanm|Tigerwood1|Princess Poppy
    Backup List
    Kieran.
    Kiith
    Kingswood Rover
    Woodyg
    Gypsy79

Of the 32 in current available slots, the following have confirmed they want food so far:

Food
    Snackbox20
    Pakman
    Brian Rossiter
    Break80
    Golfnut203
    Athlone99
    A Post Punk
    CharlieIrl
    The Big Easy
    Golfhead65
    Jarrieta