Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bolsonaro tests positive for Covid 19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,712 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Your link, like karma, does not exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,434 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Your link, like karma, does not exist.

I have like 20k karma on Reddit..
    Of course it exists ;)

In Bolsonaro's case, he is reaping a whirlwind he hath sown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭tigger123

Delighted for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

If he gets a mild version it will further back up the idiotic approach he has taken to tackling it. The man is a dumber version of Trump which in itself is incredible.

So dumb that the gangs had to take control of the pandemic by enforcing lockdowns and hiring private ambulances in the favelas.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

*curb your enthusiasm theme*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dying would actually be a good thing for Brazil and the wider covidiot world. But alas it's probably going to be some blameless person in his family who is effected the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

It's great craic, isn't it?

Hopefully it serves as a stark reminder of how potentially dangerous Covid-19 can be, and revise his flippant opinion toward it. That said, wishing him a full recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Hopefully it serves as a stark reminder of how potentially dangerous Covid-19 can be, and revise his flippant opinion toward it. That said, wishing him a full recovery.

I think it would be better for Brazil if he gets a scare. The man seems to lack an understanding of the virus, a mild dose will just reaffirm his beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,712 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I think it would be better for Brazil if he gets a scare. The man seems to lack an understanding of the virus, a mild dose will just reaffirm his beliefs.

The only way he won't shake this off and dismiss this as a flu is if he ends up in a box. You underestimate how unapologetic a cretin like Bollocksonaro is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Poetic justice. Hopefully now he will work to help the population better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

My Brazilian friend is theorising that he's faking it to promote Hydroxychloroquine.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Well he is 65 so the chances of it being more severe are higher

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Well he is 65 so the chances of it being more severe are higher

He's one of the new-right macho man leaders that are popping up everywhere so he's probably as fit as a flea (or believes he is anyway)...

From link:
    In March, as Covid-19 claimed its first victims in Brazil, the far-right populist used an address to the nation to brag that, if infected, he would quickly shake off the illness thanks to his “athlete’s background”.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,386 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

You just know he's going to kick sand in Covid's face and be vindicated and encourage all Brazilians to do the same by mixing more and contract the virus.

World really has poor leadership in this time of crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Bolsonaro says Covid-19 is only a news media trick.

No such thing as Covid-19 he says.

The world laughs out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭scilover

Serves him right. In the beginning he just brush it off as a simple flu and now he's the one who's infected. Not only that, Brazil is now the 2nd country with the most infected because of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

The only way he won't shake this off and dismiss this as a flu is if he ends up in a box.

Just like the Brazilian President during the “Spanish” flu pandemic 100 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

I'm really not.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

fly_agaric wrote: »
    He's one of the new-right macho man leaders that are popping up everywhere so he's probably as fit as a flea (or believes he is anyway)...

From link:

Actually been fit and exercising can make the virus worse. So if someone thinks **** I got thf virus or is told so and then decide a sure I will go for d run or two to get rid of it that could actually make it worse.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

s1ippy wrote: »
    My Brazilian friend is theorising that he's faking it to promote Hydroxychloroquine.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/world/bolsonaro-says-he-is-recovering-from-covid-19-due-to-hydroxychloroquine-treament-1009893.html

That was fast.

https://twitter.com/pedromuriel/status/1282859463863672834?s=19
    He got pecked on the hand while feeding an emu.

He's still positive.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/brazil-s-bolsonaro-tests-covid-19-positive-again-1.4306079

Really plugging the Hydroxychloroquine this week the prick.

Advertisement