Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lexus / Toyota hybrid health check no longer available

Options
  • 06-07-2020 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

Rang Lexus Cork this morning to book a hyrbid health check for my 7 year old Lexus IS300h. They informed me that the hybrid health check is no longer offered as a standalone service only as part of a standard service package. What a joke, this time last year I paid €60 for the hybrid health check on it's own.

I have the car 2 years after I imported it from the UK and it had FSH when I bought it. Decided to do the mechanical services myself and keep the receipts for the parts and get Lexus to do the hybrid health check only.

It's €240 for a standard service and €400+ for the 2 yearly service. Robbery! I've done all the oil and filter changes myself to date plus a spark plug change and gearbox oil change. Lexus don't even recommend a gearbox oil change and it isn't even included for the big service. If you saw the colour difference between the gearbox oil at 75k miles from my car and the new oil then you'd be changing it too! Cost me €80 for genuine parts for the last service, oil and oil filter. €160 for 30 mins labour is mental.

Are any dealers offering the hybrid health check alone anymore? I'd love to keep the hybrid system warranty going but I can't justify those service prices on a 7 year old car. Lexus are warranting the hybrid system for 15 years now and I intend to drive this car for at least another 5 years so I'm tempted to take the chance and continue servicing myself. Anyone have any recommendations for this dilemma?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That’s been the case since last year.

You can always do the work yourself and pay for a basic service.

My own theory is that they’re selling no cars and are milking the hybrid warranty for all it’s worth, a lot of hybrid drivers brought them in from the uk and Lexus Ireland made no money on them day one.
    Them €25k coffee machines don’t pay for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭almostover

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That’s been the case since last year.

You can always do the work yourself and pay for a basic service.

My own theory is that they’re selling no cars and are milking the hybrid warranty for all it’s worth, a lot of hybrid drivers brought them in from the uk and Lexus Ireland made no money on them day one.
    Them €25k coffee machines don’t pay for themselves.

Makes sense, bit of a turn off for me now and I'm a big Toyota fan. They're trying to screw you for full main dealer servicing for 15 years so that you can maintain the hybrid system warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

almostover wrote: »
    Makes sense, bit of a turn off for me now and I'm a big Toyota fan. They're trying to screw you for full main dealer servicing for 15 years so that you can maintain the hybrid system warranty
    It may be called a hybrid warranty but the only part actually covered under the warranty is the hybrid battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭almostover

kermitpwee wrote: »
    It may be called a hybrid warranty but the only part actually covered under the warranty is the hybrid battery.

That makes my mind up, plenty of independent garages doing replacement batteries now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

almostover wrote: »
    That makes my mind up, plenty of independent garages doing replacement batteries now.

I have a 172 is300h and I'm thinking of servicing it myself so that's why I looked into the warranty to see what's actually covered

• Advertisement
Advertisement