Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL Fantasy League

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

I follow the NFL but have never considered how the fantasy game works so would be a complete novice but am willing to give it a go if ye are stuck for numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Definitely in if there's a space

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

CSF can you clear your private message inbox so I can message you, thanks. Sorry for interrupting folks.. if anyone knows CSF personally and can reach him to let him know to do this it would be great, trying to add him to an NFL league...cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 32,808 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hoki wrote: »
    CSF can you clear your private message inbox so I can message you, thanks. Sorry for interrupting folks.. if anyone knows CSF personally and can reach him to let him know to do this it would be great, trying to add him to an NFL league...cheers

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Bump.

Been listening to a few podcasts this week which has whetted my appetite. Also looking forward to booing the commish on draft night.

• Advertisement

Yeah I definitely want to do it. Just can’t figure out if we actually have the interest.

If I set it up and asked to take payment tonight, how many people would sign up there and then?

The above is not a rhetorical question.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah I definitely want to do it. Just can’t figure out if we actually have the interest.

If I set it up and asked to take payment tonight, how many people would sign up there and then?

The above is not a rhetorical question.

Ya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

I would

Let’s hope we end up with more than just the 4 of us. Think minimum 8 would be needed.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Let’s hope we end up with more than just the 4 of us. Think minimum 8 would be needed.

Why the rush this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

And me

Green&Red wrote: »
    Why the rush this evening?

No rush this evening. Plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Count me in I'm happy to commit

Ok, looks like we have movement. Do we want to do the draft in one go with quick intervals or a longer draft that could take a week or so with people having maybe 4 hours on the clock?

I would think that if we gave enough notice we would be better off trying to bang it out in one night that suits everyone

I would think that if we gave enough notice we would be better off trying to bang it out in one night that suits everyone

This

Green&Red wrote: »
    This
    Ok works for me

I'll join if there's room

• Advertisement

I'll join if there's room
    There is

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Eire885

I'll join in if there's space left

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Spearmint Polo

I’ll join if there’s room

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭romteilly

Any room left in this?

Just done a quick numbers check as we should probably be getting organised for a draft day etc in the next week to 10 days?

1.csf
    2.scummyman
    3.supsaoumi89
    4.the real mccoy
    5. Markc91
    6.alchemist33
    7.deadmou5e?(showing up as banned?)
    8.green&red
    9.boots234
    10.shedite27
    11.$hifty
    12.eire885
    13.spearmint polo
    14.romteilly

After a bit of research seems most leagues are a standard 16 but I'm completely clueless on how you would go about setting it up or if we could go with less than 16

Just done a quick numbers check as we should probably be getting organised for a draft day etc in the next week to 10 days?

1.csf
    2.scummyman
    3.supsaoumi89
    4.the real mccoy
    5. Markc91
    6.alchemist33
    8.green&red
    9.boots234
    10.shedite27
    11.$hifty
    12.eire885
    13.spearmint polo
    13.romteilly

After a bit of research seems most leagues are a standard 16 but I'm completely clueless on how you would go about setting it up or if we could go with less than 16

I have one with that lads which is 12 team, thats hard as it is.. with the banned and the double counting of 13 as a minimum we should be good to go

Sorry edited the post now to fix the double count so looks like 13 so far once the interest is still there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

1.csf
    2.scummyman
    3.supsaoumi89
    4.the real mccoy
    5. Markc91
    6.alchemist33
    8.green&red
    9.boots234
    10.shedite27
    11.$hifty
    12.eire885
    13.spearmint polo
    14.romteilly

You can do it with any number, even numbers best obviously. We usually have about 12 in a league and it's hard enough to find players. LEts cap it at 14 and see if we can get one more.

Pick a midweek for the draft, 9pm some Tue or Wed in the week before opening day (7/8th Sept)

12 team draft will take a good while, probably over 2 hrs total. I'm only doing the NFL fantasy a couple of years (although I was 1st in Ireland in the predictions league last year :pac:) and the draft is fairly time consuming, and there's only 8 in our league.

Probably best to go for something like a late Sunday evening, usually not much happening and with the pubs closed it's a perfect storm of a spare few hrs minus any kids running around. I'm easy though, whatever the consensus is.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm easy with a bit of notice to be honest

Advertisement