Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2018 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Peeler97

penutzimes wrote: »
    Is there anybody on here did the AC training? Has it helped you get a higher score?

I did the AC training. It was my first AC but it helped me to get a high score and be on the top end of the merit list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

Peeler97 wrote: »
    I did the AC training. It was my first AC but it helped me to get a high score and be on the top end of the merit list.

How long were you waiting from ac to starting? Was it still £150?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gonzo94

SMS19 wrote: »
    My medical results took a week but SMT took 3 weeks and I had to email them to ask about the result.

Randox who do the SMT testing are also doing Covid testing but with calls not expected to go out anytime soon I can't see you missing out on the next batch.

I had to email to get my CDO SMT results. It's weird how stuff like that can happen. My medical and SMT results can come whenever. I'm still waiting on my vetting coming through. 7 months now and it's beginning to make me nervous haha. I would love to be appointable by the end of July.

Anyone here went for laser eye surgery?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Nhs2018

Anyone here went for laser eye surgery?

I did 6 years ago... perfect vision now

• Advertisement

Nhs2018 wrote: »
    I did 6 years ago... perfect vision now

Have you had any side effects from it dry eyes etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Nhs2018

Have you had any side effects from it dry eyes etc?

Dry eyes and night blindness but sounds worse than it is! It’s fairly common but doesn’t bother me. Still the best thing I ever did. Would definitely advise it especially in the job

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭NeeNaw21

Is there anybody on here did the AC training? Has it helped you get a higher score?

Did the AC training sub 60 ML for 1810

Just curious to know if theres anyone on here still waiting on their vetting clearing? I was hoping mine would be cleared for the next intake but not looking hopeful lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Gonzo94 wrote: »
    Just curious to know if theres anyone on here still waiting on their vetting clearing? I was hoping mine would be cleared for the next intake but not looking hopeful lol

How long has yours been away, I know someone who is still waiting after over 6 months

• Advertisement

NornIron74 wrote: »
    How long has yours been away, I know someone who is still waiting after over 6 months

7 months now. I emailed vetting the other daychancing my arm for an update and they just said "currently pending". I have my medical passed and was hoping to be appointable for the next intake just in case my merit bracket is reached.

If I'm honest I'm a bit concerned haha. I don't want to get hit with a fail and then the appeal taking even longer. I'll be the last person to get it in haha. I'm hoping if I was going to fail or anything I'd have heard about it now. My CDO vetting passed in like a month or two. I was hoping that might have sped this vetting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

7 months now. I emailed vetting the other daychancing my arm for an update and they just said "currently pending". I have my medical passed and was hoping to be appointable for the next intake just in case my merit bracket is reached.

If I'm honest I'm a bit concerned haha. I don't want to get hit with a fail and then the appeal taking even longer. I'll be the last person to get it in haha. I'm hoping if I was going to fail or anything I'd have heard about it now. My CDO vetting passed in like a month or two. I was hoping that might have sped this vetting up.

Do you have any reason to be concerned or anything you might fail on? If not, try not to stress yourself too much. From all the reading I've done on this, it seems there is literally no rhyme nor reason to the length of time vetting takes.

MrChew wrote: »
    Do you have any reason to be concerned or anything you might fail on? If not, try not to stress yourself too much. From all the reading I've done on this, it seems there is literally no rhyme nor reason to the length of time vetting takes.

No absolutely nothing. I think it's just the length of time that's starting to let the doubt creep in. I've passed the vetting before for the CDO position. Though that didn't have a few bits that the PC vetting had.

You're right though I'll just have to wait a little bit longer lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Boobysingleton

Mine was 8 months lol

I'd just rethink... Usually something uv left out could be the prob

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CuppaTay

I'm waiting on Vetting as well, though my medical is still to be completed. With regards to the medical, should I make note of things that haven't affected me in years? Had problems over a decade ago but I don't think it's relevant now.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

Mine took a full 9 months. If you’re paying off a bed debt, CCJ or default etc, clear it and your vetting will clear with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 football22

Anyone any news on when the next call will be?

football22 wrote: »
    Anyone any news on when the next call will be?

Could be this week or next

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CuppaTay

Medical finally attended there and got the pass email within a day of attending it. Just the Substance test to wait on, and my vetting from many months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SMS19

CuppaTay wrote: »
    Medical finally attended there and got the pass email within a day of attending it. Just the Substance test to wait on, and my vetting from many months ago.

Hopefully you don't have to go through the 5+ month wait for a call once appointable that some of us are going through atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 G18

Same boat. Medical attended and pass email. Still waiting on vetting. How long you waiting now?
    CuppaTay wrote: »

G18 wrote: »
    Same boat. Medical attended and pass email. Still waiting on vetting. How long you waiting now?

It's comforting to know that there are others who are in the same boat as myself lol. Currently waiting 8 months on my vetting. Fingers crossed we aren't waiting much longer 🤞

Waiting 8 months aswell. Sent away in December. Hoping it won’t be much longer. Things have started to speed up this last while for me though. PCA, Med etc. So hoping that’s a sign 🀞ðŸ»
    It's comforting to know that there are others who are in the same boat as myself lol. Currently waiting 8 months on my vetting. Fingers crossed we aren't waiting much longer 🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Pcjobless

G18 wrote: »

How long did it take to find out if you passed your medical?

Pcjobless wrote: »

For me I got my medical pass 6 days after, the amount of time will vary for others

Got my medical pass the next day. Was surprisingly quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SMS19

My medical results took 2 weeks and it was another week before I got the SMT results. I did my medical back in March just as COVID was hitting so I think this slowed the SMT results down.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Pcjobless

NornIron74 wrote: »
    For me I got my medical pass 6 days after, the amount of time will vary for others

How long did it take for smt results to come back? I wonder how many more people are still waiting as I heard they’ve Mexicali’s and smt running up to mid September

How long did it take for smt results to come back? I wonder how many more people are still waiting as I heard they’ve Mexicali’s and smt running up to mid September

I think my SMT took 2 weeks or just over 2 weeks to come through. My medical and SMT was 2nd July. It would be interesting to see how many people are still going through medicals and vetting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tashbash

I think my SMT took 2 weeks or just over 2 weeks to come through. My medical and SMT was 2nd July. It would be interesting to see how many people are still going through medicals and vetting.

Everyone who failed their pca and then passed are having their medicals atm. Some need their vetting completed again as it expires after 1 year

Advertisement