Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non members.

• 01-07-2020 7:32am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭

I can only play two three courses due to access to a car. Also im not a member. The lad who is used to play a lot of golf with is no longer the time to do so. Sillogue seems to be booked constantly and elm green is only taking members. I accept members have to be looked after first. Playing par three golf at the moment. When would people expect things to slow down a bit. I can get to other courses bit of a walk but can do it. Book alot of my golf on golfnow but nothing there. When do people expect things to slow down. If i'm being honest i don't expect to get a game in the next month. Played twice a week in sillogue last year for about 6 months and just no sign of getting a game. Was thinking of joining before covid as they where doing a good deal. Don't think i would now just in case of a second wave and the way things shaping up. What is the deal with members getting non members out. Have couple of friends member but don't really want to ask them as not played golf with them in a while as they mostly play weekends and its with a group im not in. Hard times for non member's of golf clubs but sure that's the way it go's. Deer park is another option but again not accepting non members. Course sold recently. Was out there few times and course was empty so i cant see why they not taking in non members. Could be due to the sale. Deer park is where i started playing golf. Cheap enough round. Sad to see the sale as i removes another option for myself as i can imagine the cheap golf is gone. The group that bought it own mount juliet and powerscourt so i'd expect the days of cheap golf in deer park are long gone which is sad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭blue note

If you're playing as much as that I'd say go ahead and join a club. You'll also get to play competition golf if you join, which to me is just more fun than casual golf.

If there's another wave I don't think we can afford to shut things down like we did before. And golf is as low risk an activity as you can have, so if you're a member you'll probably still be getting out. If you're not a member, you might be in trouble because the clubs will be looking after their members first.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,960 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Seems like you just need to join a club to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

I played in Deer park yesterday, albeit I was with members, so not sure if that was a factor in getting out. There were a lot of complaints coming from members about pressure on the timesheet at weekends due to non members getting out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭Matmania

Cheers for that i see they have tee times up. Just booked one for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Matmania wrote: »
    I can only play two three courses due to access to a car. Also im not a member. The lad who is used to play a lot of golf with is no longer the time to do so. Sillogue seems to be booked constantly and elm green is only taking members. I accept members have to be looked after first. Playing par three golf at the moment. When would people expect things to slow down a bit. I can get to other courses bit of a walk but can do it. Book alot of my golf on golfnow but nothing there. When do people expect things to slow down. If i'm being honest i don't expect to get a game in the next month. Played twice a week in sillogue last year for about 6 months and just no sign of getting a game. Was thinking of joining before covid as they where doing a good deal. Don't think i would now just in case of a second wave and the way things shaping up. What is the deal with members getting non members out. Have couple of friends member but don't really want to ask them as not played golf with them in a while as they mostly play weekends and its with a group im not in. Hard times for non member's of golf clubs but sure that's the way it go's. Deer park is another option but again not accepting non members. Course sold recently. Was out there few times and course was empty so i cant see why they not taking in non members. Could be due to the sale. Deer park is where i started playing golf. Cheap enough round. Sad to see the sale as i removes another option for myself as i can imagine the cheap golf is gone. The group that bought it own mount juliet and powerscourt so i'd expect the days of cheap golf in deer park are long gone which is sad.

Spoke to the guy in Sillogue last week and he said its best to call for a tee time and the best day to book is Friday for the following week

• Advertisement
Advertisement