Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bushnell rangefinder repair?

• 04-07-2020 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Back at the golf after a few years of a hiatus. Went in a society outing this morning, pulled out the range finder to measure the distance but nothing! Thought it was the battery and as it happened I had a spare in the bag. No joy. A guy I knew with the same model was waiting on a tee box and I took the battery from his and tried it in mine. Nothing. It seems like it’s just not getting any power. No vibration. No little circle on the screen to target.
    So my question is, can there be repaired and if so, who can do it? It’s just over 5 years old and well minded. Bushnell Tour v3 is the model.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

Arsenium wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Back at the golf after a few years of a hiatus. Went in a society outing this morning, pulled out the range finder to measure the distance but nothing! Thought it was the battery and as it happened I had a spare in the bag. No joy. A guy I knew with the same model was waiting on a tee box and I took the battery from his and tried it in mine. Nothing. It seems like it’s just not getting any power. No vibration. No little circle on the screen to target.
    So my question is, can there be repaired and if so, who can do it? It’s just over 5 years old and well minded. Bushnell Tour v3 is the model.

Thanks guys.

Return it to any shop that stock Bushnell and they can get it sent to Bushnell for possible repair. It is quite slow process in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Bushnell won’t touch it, so unless you can do a DIY job you’ll need a new one I’m afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

fullstop wrote: »
    Bushnell won’t touch it, so unless you can do a DIY job you’ll need a new one I’m afraid.

Why wouldn't Bushnell touch it????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Golf is my Game

Yes, Id have thought they were a reputable world brand who should look after customers and would be surprised of you contaced and agent or something that they wouldnt sort it. Might be pricey relative to the price of the thing but thats todays world where labour and parts almost make the hour or two minimim it takes someone to look at any fault hardly worth it for something thats one a few hundred in the first place.
    And anyone else, no disrespect, I have one myself too but not used it in years, but almost have a retro feel to seeing someone using a range finder? GPS is where its at for the shear convenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

And anyone else, no disrespect, I have one myself too but not used it in years, but almost have a retro feel to seeing someone using a range finder? GPS is where its at for the shear convenience.

Someone like all the tour pros and their caddies?

GPS for convenience. Laser for accuracy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

golfguy1 wrote: »
    Why wouldn't Bushnell touch it????

Because from my experience, and the experience of others I know who have had the exact same ‘fault’ they just say the laser is gone and it isn’t repairable. Unless it’s under watranty, of course, but OP’s isn’t!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Yes, Id have thought they were a reputable world brand who should look after customers and would be surprised of you contaced and agent or something that they wouldnt sort it. Might be pricey relative to the price of the thing but thats todays world where labour and parts almost make the hour or two minimim it takes someone to look at any fault hardly worth it for something thats one a few hundred in the first place.

Nonsense.
    Ive had one for years (laser that is) and its the best tool in my bag... so quick an accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭bmay529

I read something on this in only the last few days where someone tried to return a rangefinder to Bushnell but they would not repair it as they said it was more economic to buy a new one. He then decided to take it apart and fixed it himself. Your problem could be different. I haven't been able to find it but I recall there was step by step instructions and if I find it I will post it. There are several articles on Youtube if you are handy with that sort of DIY thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Is it still in warranty? I bought a 2nd had one years ago on eBay. When it arrived it didn’t work. The lad said get onto bushnell & he’d pay to have it fixed or he’d just give me a refund.

I got onto bushnell in the uk & they said, they don’t repair them. They sent me a brand new one to replace my broken one. Then that one broke (whilst still in warranty) They then sent me a more expensive one.

Sorry - I just re-read your post. It’s not in warranty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

bmay529 wrote: »
    I read something on this in only the last few days where someone tried to return a rangefinder to Bushnell but they would not repair it as they said it was more economic to buy a new one. He then decided to take it apart and fixed it himself. Your problem could be different. I haven't been able to find it but I recall there was step by step instructions and if I find it I will post it. There are several articles on Youtube if you are handy with that sort of DIY thing.

Is it Joel Dahmens caddie you are thinking of?

https://twitter.com/GenoBonnalie/status/1277673278232948737?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Thanks everyone, was away for a while there and didnt see these replies.

I had a feeling it wouldnt be straightforward. I kinda knew Bushnell wouldnt be interested once it was out of warranty.

I'm not very technical in stuff like this but at the moment it's serving no purpose so I'll follow the steps you guys generously provided. What's to lose?

I'll give you an update on how I got on.

Also on the GPS v Laser argument, only one winner there. GPS very convenient but the variation between GPS yardages and laser yardages is crazy. And only one of them is definitely correct.

Advertisement