Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,283 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Diito all of this years rescheduled gigs plus as many more as i can get. Missing out has made me appreciate gigs even more.

Looks like us lot are going to be resurrecting the economy.

Any one know if World Party are still a going concern?

Have spent the evening clearing out and re-filling old and current iPods with music whilst imbibing a little too much wine (17 year old 3rd gen with firewire still happily rocking on), had forgotten how much I listened to his stuff many many moons ago.

Never seen them, and don't remember them gigging much or doing festivals. Used to play much more in the US that Europe, maybe Wallinger is based there? I'd be very surprised if they're about, or will be again but would dearly love to be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭endainoz

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Looks like us lot are going to be resurrecting the economy.

That's a fact, of all the cancelled gigs for me this year, I only got refunded on one of them because it happened automatically. The four festivals for 2020 will be carried over to 2021 and a few more may be added. Wild roots in Sligo looks interesting. (And it's pretty early in the festival season) Might add in The Rory Gallagher festival too. It's his 25th anniversary today by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Rfrip

The great thing about all our gigs for 2021 is that they are already paid for!
    I’m a one hit festival wonder the last few years due to my emotional, physical and financial status but we will deffo be going to body and soul next year aswell as ep.

What a **** year this is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭patch

https://www.tiktok.com/@billyhedigan/video/6837559718509055238

Might look into this scaled down EP.....

• Advertisement

patch wrote: »

I'm in the middle of throwing something together myself, I have live music and a Guinness keg though. :)

Got together with a few friends and are going to do it on the festival site. Got wristbands and festival posters all made up for it. It should be great fun, as long as it doesn't end up like a project x type scenario.

endainoz wrote: »
    I'm in the middle of throwing something together myself, I have live music and a Guinness keg though. :)

Got together with a few friends and are going to do it on the festival site. Got wristbands and festival posters all made up for it. It should be great fun, as long as it doesn't end up like a project x type scenario.

I speak for everyone here endainoz when I say .....just send us the postcode and the date and will see you up there!

Rfrip wrote: »
    I speak for everyone here endainoz when I say .....just send us the postcode and the date and will see you up there!

Dammit, I've said too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Fatfrog wrote: »
    You may have seen the FB post from ECO camp site, FRs "Full capacity plan"

https://www.festivalrepublic.com/news/full-capacity-plan

We're all itching to get back but is this a bit far fetched?

Fair play, it's high time someone put this **** to bed

I'm not sure if people are still watching stay at home gigs but the frames are doing one tomorrow night instead of the one they were supposed to do in Dublin for their anniversary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Seeing that Body&Soul was supposed to start today I done a blog report looking back on the years. https://niallmcquaid.wordpress.com/2020/06/18/a-fallow-year-for-festivals-bodysoul-a-virtual-tour-through-the-years/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Seeing that Body&Soul was supposed to start today I done a blog report looking back on the years. https://niallmcquaid.wordpress.com/2020/06/18/a-fallow-year-for-festivals-bodysoul-a-virtual-tour-through-the-years/

Very nice BD you must have a serious amount of pics and vids at this stage.

Only realising that Jon Hopkins has played B&S quite a few times!! Gutted to have missed him in the Bord Gais just before lock down.

I'm not sure if people are still watching stay at home gigs but the frames are doing one tomorrow night instead of the one they were supposed to do in Dublin for their anniversary.

Oh il deffo watch this!

Body and soul are streaming gigs from their website this wkend, reckless in love stage tonight

Also kelly byrne is on twitch live every Saturday at 6pm and it’s brilliant. It’s basically her today fm show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Oh il deffo watch this!

Body and soul are streaming gigs from their website this wkend, reckless in love stage tonight

Also kelly byrne is on twitch live every Saturday at 6pm and it’s brilliant. It’s basically her today fm show

Really bugs me how rte/Virgin haven't taken to this considering they've well run out of content at this stage. Can only assume different royalty levels for TV vs internet stream?
    RTE must have a huge amount of footage (not aired at the time) they could roll out?

Watching Isle of wight recording Chic/Nile Rodgers 2018, lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Great post- some serious memories there!
    Thanks for that as it’s cheered me some bit in light of not being there tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Great post- some serious memories there!
    Thanks for that as it’s cheered me some bit in light of not being there tonight

Watching the frames on Instagram doing a live when I should be at orbital in the marquee!!

****e night for it anyway!

Best lockdown show I've watched anyway, that was amazing.

Best lockdown show I've watched anyway, that was amazing.

Missed the first half of it as I was listening to kelly Anne byrne! Busy night!!

Headlong....swoon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I really felt the lack of festival on Saturday and Sunday last weekend on what should've been B&S weekend even though the weather was pretty sh1t and will get that feeling again come the start of August with ATN and the start of September with EP. Its going to be a tough one having to wait around for announcements for 2021 and we don't even know if the friggin virus is going to disappear. I hope some of you go camping on the particular festival weekends as it is great to be in the great outdoors, sh1t weather or not.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Mother are doing a set on 2fm Saturday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Kepler21

Glastonbury experience this weekend. I would normally be watching avidly from my couch, getting excited watching the people who may or may not be appearing at EP. I guess I'll just be watching avidly from my couch.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/evrj6q

Lots of classic sets, there seems to be a good bit on BBC2 and BBC4 for those who can't get around the iPlayer regional restrictions.
    I'll raise a glass to those who would be over there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

A good read for anyone who's missed it, dire warning though on festivals in general as if Glasto goes tits up, can anyone else hope to survive?

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/jun/25/michael-eavis-glastonbury-will-go-bankrupt-if-it-cant-be-staged-in-2021-coronavirus

Mr. Benn get's a fair bit of time in it, I could see his plan being implemented here next year if there's no vaccine (or even if there is to be honest).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Muse on Mtv - would be utterly fantastic for next year...

Finding it really heartbreaking watching Glastonbury. I’ve never been and watch it every year from the comfort of my couch but just really sunk in that we won’t all be dancing in a field in stradbally in a few months

A good read for anyone who's missed it, dire warning though on festivals in general as if Glasto goes tits up, can anyone else hope to survive?

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/jun/25/michael-eavis-glastonbury-will-go-bankrupt-if-it-cant-be-staged-in-2021-coronavirus

Mr. Benn get's a fair bit of time in it, I could see his plan being implemented here next year if there's no vaccine (or even if there is to be honest).

Glastonbury actually more vulnerable than most as they've no corporate sponsors, no drinks sponsors and they allow the BBC to broadcast at a fraction of the price that Channel 4 or Sky have offered in the past. They're also not-for-profit with money going to Oxfam, Greenpeace & Water Aid and thus they probably have low cash reserves. A change in any of the above would make them secure but thankfully that's unlikely. They may have to lower the attendees and decrease the scale (temporarily) but I don't think Glasto is in long-term danger.

Finding it really heartbreaking watching Glastonbury. I’ve never been and watch it every year from the comfort of my couch but just really sunk in that we won’t all be dancing in a field in stradbally in a few months

Trying to avoid watching as I was supposed to be there this weekend. It's disappointing not to see Macca tonight, but I'm actually going to miss the Picnic a hell of a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Kepler21

Same for me.

We had our little gathering recently, it worked out fairly well, some close friends together under a bit tarp with to keep us out of the rain. The keg of Guinness was gone in five hours but most people enjoyed themselves. Had a few tunes played aswell and a bit of singsong after.

Overall would call it a success, but plenty of things to improve on. I think the hardest part was just getting something to happen in the first place, now I know it can be done.

Getting loads of ideas to plan the next one already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

There are 427 sleeps, am off to knock another one off that number right now.

Advertisement