Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Fantasy League

• 27-06-2020 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,598 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone interested in doing one of these (for cash obviously so people actually have a reason to maintain interest) among the FSAers this year? Assuming its able to start in September that is!!

I know that they have their own one in a separate forum, but at least if we keep it among semi-regular FSAers we're less likely to be hustled (this would be my first time playing anyway).

Was looking at doing it in the following structure:
    Using the official NFL fantasy game

14 teams
    20 euro each
    13 games in regular season
    Top 6 teams make playoffs (top 2 get a bye)
    Week 14 Quarter Final
    Week 15 Semi Final
    Week 16 FSA Bowl

No idea if the notion of getting 14 people in is overly optimistic and if so we'd need to revise structure.

Probably do the draft on the Sunday night the week before the league starts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I’m definitely interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭supasoumi99

Know I am definitely more of a lurker than a poster in here (really appreciate this forum!) but would definitely be up for getting involved if you need numbers...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Happy to throw my name in the hat for this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭markc91

Count me in also but is the draft open to being moved nights? Usually run my own draft that sunday night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I’d nearly advise against it fellas, fantasy NFL is much more addictive than FPL, it’s taken my focus completely from FPL.

But it is absolutely brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'd have an interest but anytime I looked, it seems really complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,598 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'd have an interest but anytime I looked, it seems really complicated.

From my reading of it, it doesn’t seem to be that complicated, other than the fact that yardage is a big part of it.

CSF wrote: »
    From my reading of it, it doesn’t seem to be that complicated, other than the fact that yardage is a big part of it.

The game is all about stats anyway, fantasy nfl is quite simple once you have a basic understanding.

Usually it’s 1 quarterback, 2 running backs, 3 wide receivers, 1 tight end, 1 flex which can be a WR RB or TE
    1 kicker and 1 teams defence.
    Usually 6 bench spots

All games are head to head

Score points for yards gained (1 point for 10 yards) , receptions (1 point), touchdowns (6 points)
    QB gets a point for each 25 yards thrown and 6 for a TD

Just in case anybody is interested,
    At the moment on the fantasy nfl forum they are looking for players to play in a Boards dynasty league,
    This is absolutely the ultimate fantasy game, you draft at the beginning and you keep that roster every year, obviously trading is allowed and encouraged, draft for rookies every year,
    This is seriously good fun
    There’s 5 or 6 in, we need 12
    Anybody interested can PM me or check out the thread on the fantasy football forum
    It will be 20euro per year

At the moment on the fantasy nfl forum they are looking for players to play in a Boards dynasty league,
    This is absolutely the ultimate fantasy game, you draft at the beginning and you keep that roster every year, obviously trading is allowed and encouraged, draft for rookies every year,
    Anybody interested can PM me or check out the thread on the fantasy football forum

• Advertisement

I posted that three times out of the excitement of this new league

Is it year 1 of the dynasty or has everyone already got squads from previous years?

Is it year 1 of the dynasty or has everyone already got squads from previous years?

It’s a startup, could be very good,

It’s a startup, could be very good,
    I would probably be interested. Is it a reliable money collector that you know or are we running the risk of getting swindled?

I would probably be interested. Is it a reliable money collector that you know or are we running the risk of getting swindled?

It hasn’t been discussed who holds the money, I’m sure it’s legit
    It’s on the fantasy football forum, thread is new dynasty ppr startup, post there for an invite
    Download the sleeper app

Have you given this any more thought @CSF?

There’s still about 5 spots left for anybody who’s interested

Have you given this any more thought @CSF?

There’s still about 5 spots left for anybody who’s interested

Do you have a link to it? You can PM me it if that’s preferable for you

Do you have a link to it? You can PM me it if that’s preferable for you

I think the commissioner of the league has to do that, I’ve asked him to message you

If you need any help with dynasty you can message me anytime

You’ll need to install the sleeper app

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Feel we are getting a little off track of the original point of the thread here. Would be hoping we can pull in a few more to fill the numbers

• Advertisement

Feel we are getting a little off track of the original point of the thread here. Would be hoping we can pull in a few more to fill the numbers

Sorry pal, that’s my fault

Redraft leagues will fill a bit closer to the season, the dynasty leagues need to get set a bit earlier, I didn’t want to create a new thread as this isn’t the forum for it

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I didn’t want to create a new thread as this isn’t the forum for it

This is the Fantasy Sports Arena not the Fantasy Premier League Arena so yes it is the forum for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Deadmou5e

Im interested if there is room

Deadmou5e wrote: »
    Im interested if there is room

Think it’s more a case of lack of interest rather than room.

Think it’s more a case of lack of interest rather than room.

It’ll fill in a couple of days, have you signed up?

It’ll fill in a couple of days, have you signed up?

I was talking about the one I was posting about in this thread. Not so much interest. I will sign up to the dynasty one yeah, just need the details.

Says the league is full

Says the league is full

Sorry, it did fill late yesterday evening, obviously a first come first served situation

If there’s any dropouts I’ll PM you straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I think it was the draft aspect and the head-to-head that threw me, and the official site didn't have an explanation. I'd still be keen to dip my toe in in an FSA league (not with the pros/sharks in the fantasy football forum!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I’d give the FSA version a punt

Pun intended

Advertisement