Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Honda E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

It looks like someone melted a vw lupo...

• Registered Users Posts: 64,758 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That's not as bad a price as some in the industry expected. But an awful big premium at the same time. Can't wait for a critical head to head review between the Honda and the MINI. These cars are cool and people will pay a premium for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭embraer170

Ridiculous money.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

If I didn't need to fit 3 kids, I'd be all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭pjdarcy

The wood on the dashboard will seriously divide opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

listermint wrote: »
    Pricing made available

The Honda E will cost £26,160 in the UK for the 134 horsepower version, rising to £28,660 for the more powerful model. (It'll also be available on finance starting from £299 per month.) That translates to a starting price of about $32,000, or $35,500 for the high-end model.

Honda E will be available in Europewith a 137-mile range, making it more of a city runabout than a highway cruiser. That's down to a smallish 35.5 kWh battery

electric motor delivers up to 152 horsepower and 232 foot-pounds of torque

https://www.engadget.com/2019/09/10/honda-e-electric-car-pricing/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvLzRvb3BmOGhIVlU_YW1wPTE&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAIZs8VruGnpLICWCC4Rfss9h6nB3ZXNeDuuwWrSfpGIcKfBQdMXHEnjV8zNHICsHNGXkHOCUN3DosJ4Z9F0UDPw_C8dySf0bLmdQNoQgX90lRE3wwBgPPd5YrR9L6mxAIZDjdUR0pauoqefUT_Iv9Rmk3VfdmNEh4f9IU8NdeIM_
    for that money i'd just buy a small petrol engine car if it's for urban use only. you'll never make up the price difference on that honda comp[ared to a much cheaper 1.0 petrol engine. too much price gouging going on with EVs. i was going to make my next car an EV but i'll staying with petrol for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭listermint

who_ru wrote: »
    for that money i'd just buy a small petrol engine car if it's for urban use only. you'll never make up the price difference on that honda comp[ared to a much cheaper 1.0 petrol engine. too much price gouging going on with EVs. i was going to make my next car an EV but i'll staying with petrol for the foreseeable future.

Im sure you will..... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭patmahe

The original concept photos were lovely but this looks very watered down. I don't see 26k of value in that car for me, electric is still not quite at the tipping point where I will change over, getting closer though.

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I'll have my eye on these after a few years depreciation. Think it looks great, inside and out (perhaps the lime is a bit much though)! Power, range, and from fully charged's video on it, drive-ability it looks oodles of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Patser

patmahe wrote: »
    The original concept photos were lovely but this looks very watered down. I don't see 26k of value in that car for me, electric is still not quite at the tipping point where I will change over, getting closer though.

This.

Concept was lovely, and seemed to herald a hot hatch type e car.

Now we get a small range (by new standards) not that nippy, FIAT 500/old Micra bubbly, cutesy looking yoke with a high price tag. Although tbf lots of tech inside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Want. In yellow.

Check out the turning circle at 10:00 ish!

"On paper this car loses to everything"

image.png

Jonny posted a quick test drive showing that insane turning circle a good 6 months ago iirc, not sure why he is posting it again (didn't watch this new vid)

Looks like a brilliant wee car, but it is extremely expensive. I guess a direct competitor to the MINI EV, which seems much better value for money and also semi-premium quality, which the Honda is not

I want one too. If you pay for it :D

unkel wrote: »
    I guess a direct competitor to the MINI EV, which seems much better value for money and also semi-premium quality, which the Honda is not
    Semi-premium?

My BMW Mini Cooper S gave me more problems in 1 year than my Honda has in 14.

Wouldn't touch BMWs with a barge pole. Japanese FTW!

(well, I need something reliable for when the Tesla is being periodically remanufactured)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I bloody love this car. If not taking delivery of a Model 3 next week, I'd be all over it. 4 seats a tough sell to the boss, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭rx8

Fell in love with this in Frankfurt. Looks and feels fantastic. The range would kill me though. As said above, as a second car in a couple of years for the Mrs. it would be perfect. As long as it's Yellow !!:D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Bjorn has done a range test. 120km at 120km/h

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Such a cool little car, full of tech. As a pure city car, it would be great.

1500W AC in the cabin, that is simply superb! Must be the only EV in the world (in production) that has that.

Such a cool little car, pity it's just absurdly expensive...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,358 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

1500W AC in the cabin, that is simply superb! Must be the only EV in the world (in production) that has that.

Such a cool little car, pity it's just absurdly expensive...
    1500w = 1.5kW
    Your Tesla has >10kW AC system. Combining the in car and battery it's possible to draw 12kW peak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭eagerv

If you plugged it into itself would it be a self charging EV?:D

I'll get my coat...

ELM327 wrote: »
    1500w = 1.5kW
    Your Tesla has >10kW AC system. Combining the in car and battery it's possible to draw 12kW peak.

No, it doesn't work like that. The AC charger(s) - 23kW BTW - is not two way, just one way (in). The DC-DC converter (out) in a Model S is rated for 2.5kW, so that's the most you could possibly get out of the car (in theory) if you connect an inverter to the 12V battery. I have done just that, but my inverter maxes out at 600W continuous (there's a 50A fuse on the circuit anyway, so I shouldn't go over the 600W much or it will blow)

1.5kW is probably the max power of the DC-DC inverter in the Honda, which is not too shabby

My point was that the Honda is the only EV that has an AC outlet of substantial power in the car. Something that no other EV has afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,358 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

No, it doesn't work like that. The AC charger(s) - 23kW BTW - is not two way, just one way (in). The DC-DC converter (out) in a Model S is rated for 2.5kW, so that's the most you could possibly get out of the car (in theory) if you connect an inverter to the 12V battery. I have done just that, but my inverter maxes out at 600W continuous (there's a 50A fuse on the circuit anyway, so I shouldn't go over the 600W much or it will blow)

1.5kW is probably the max power of the DC-DC inverter in the Honda, which is not too shabby

My point was that the Honda is the only EV that has an AC outlet of substantial power in the car. Something that no other EV has afaik.

Ah. You meant AC as Alternating Current as opposed to Air Conditioning?
    Carry on..

ELM327 wrote: »
    Ah. You meant AC as Alternating Current as opposed to Air Conditioning?
    Carry on..

:D

518194.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

From the side looks like a Citroen, I think it looks terrible.
    Very expensive and range is rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

:D

518194.jpg

So you could plug in an angle grinder and cut the thing up

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

So you could plug in an angle grinder and cut the thing up

Be careful you don't leave your window open when charging. Someone might plug in their granny charger for some "free" electrons.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 elektrik

As a current Honda owner and a future Tesla model 3 owner I have to say this will most probably be the second car in our household.

Love my Civic 8, in 9 years never ever had any kind of a problem with it, but every design iteration after generation 8 was getting worse and worse, so far that the current civics, and type R especially, actually make me nauseous when I see them...

Hopefully this little e brings Honda back to some sensible styling, away from wannabe Nurburgring toddler design that it currently has...

• Registered Users Posts: 48 elektrik

P.S.: I know that here in Ireland Honda Civics (and their owners) might carry a certain reputation, but where I come from (Croatia) almost no-one drives them (especially generation 8) as they are seen as either old-man's-car or slow-driver-car, and I would be the latter as I've never ever driven my 144hp civic over 150km/h and not once in 9 years even close to the red rpm's :D

• Advertisement

I've always thought of Civics that way too, boy racers and old men, a very weird mix.

Advertisement