Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Dynasty League

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Hoki wrote:
    Would there be enough interest to get a new start up dynasty league up and running I wonder? Something like a 12/16 team PPR super flex on the Sleeper app?

For a separate thread mate, this league is long term dynasty league with IDP

5/12 back so far..

That's not bad going

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭BarryC21

brinty wrote: »
    For a separate thread mate, this league is long term dynasty league with IDP

Ah if it has IDP count me out folks apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

I may be interested in a Dynasty League if one is starting up? We've a ways to go until the new season so there's plenty of time to see if there's interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Will set up a thread when I've a chance. Can vote on format etc... I have no interest in IDP either tbh. Sorry for hijacking the thread folks, thought some of the existing players may want a fresh start!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

Back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Also back.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Limpar

Back.

We're flying with numbers, anyone willing to take this Commish role on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

I'm back too guys, if there's a spare team my son is interested.

billr67 wrote:
    I'm back too guys, if there's a spare team my son is interested.

Cheers bill

Is he ok with IDP!!

Cheers bill

Is he ok with IDP!!

Yep if anything he'd probably prefer it. Sorry for not responding sooner, we were on holidays there for a couple of weeks.

Folks I'll get this draft running at the weekend, I'll publish running order in the next couple of days. If anyone is not back I'll draft auto for them and we've a replacement from Bill if needed. Have they a boards account Bill??

Still need a commissioner though

Folks I'll get this draft running at the weekend, I'll publish running order in the next couple of days. If anyone is not back I'll draft auto for them and we've a replacement from Bill if needed. Have they a boards account Bill??

Still need a commissioner though

I'll sort out a boards account with him in the next few days brinty.

Ok Folks, the 2020 Draft running order as promised. I'm waiting on D3PO to come back to me, i emailed him this afternoon. If he's out Bills mate is in. We'll start the draft Midday on Saturday, the usual rules of email the next person on the list apply.

@Tristram if you want to kick it off earlier let me know, you're in pole position for CEH ;)

Pick Team Boards Name
    1.01 Pillow Fighters  Tristram
    1.02 Team DublinDarren D3PO
    1.03 Foxboro Legends Eagle eye
    1.04 Bear Down Spongey1975
    1.05 DaVegas Crew Doogs27
    1.06 Dublin Jets Limpar
    1.07 Ailie Cows Brinty
    1.08 Terrible Towels Billr67
    1.09 The Shamrockers Blue Shamrock
    1.10 Bedrock Boulders Masked Man
    2.01 Pillow Fighters  Tristram
    2.02 Team DublinDarren D3PO
    2.03 Foxboro Legends Eagle eye
    2.04 Bear Down Spongey1975
    2.05 DaVegas Crew Doogs27
    2.06 Dublin Jets Limpar
    2.07 Ailie Cows Brinty
    2.08 Terrible Towels Billr67
    2.09 The Shamrockers Blue Shamrock
    2.10 Bedrock Boulders Masked Man
    3.01 Pillow Fighters  Tristram
    3.02 Team DublinDarren D3PO
    3.03 Foxboro Legends Eagle eye
    3.04 Bear Down Spongey1975
    3.05 DaVegas Crew Doogs27
    3.06 Dublin Jets Limpar
    3.07 Ailie Cows Brinty
    3.08 Terrible Towels Billr67
    3.09 The Shamrockers Blue Shamrock
    3.10 Bedrock Boulders Masked Man
    4.01 Pillow Fighters  Tristram
    4.02 Team DublinDarren D3PO
    4.03 Foxboro Legends Eagle eye
    4.04 Bear Down Spongey1975
    4.05 DaVegas Crew Doogs27
    4.06 Dublin Jets Limpar
    4.07 Ailie Cows Brinty
    4.08 Terrible Towels Billr67
    4.09 The Shamrockers Blue Shamrock
    4.10 Bedrock Boulders Masked Man
    5.01 Pillow Fighters  Tristram
    5.02 Team DublinDarren D3PO
    5.03 Foxboro Legends Eagle eye
    5.04 Bear Down Spongey1975
    5.05 DaVegas Crew Doogs27
    5.06 Dublin Jets Limpar
    5.07 Ailie Cows Brinty
    5.08 Terrible Towels Billr67
    5.09 The Shamrockers Blue Shamrock
    5.10 Bedrock Boulders Masked Man

Overall folks, the league has gone very stale, it used to be great craic and lots of trades but its gone stale in the last two years. Lets try and i prove it over the next season. Lets try and get some trades going this season. Update your trade block, reach out to people with idea's. Whats the worst they can say. I got Phillip Lindsay for 3.09 in my other ESPN Dynasty league. There's value to be had if you ask ;)

Bring on season 2020

Overall folks, the league has gone very stale, it used to be great craic and lots of trades but its gone stale in the last two years. Lets try and i prove it over the next season. Lets try and get some trades going this season. Update your trade block, reach out to people with idea's. Whats the worst they can say. I got Phillip Lindsay for 3.09 in my other ESPN Dynasty league. There's value to be had if you ask ;)

Bring on season 2020

Cheers brinty, if Liam is coming in who's team is he likely to be taking over? Just so I can give him a heads up.

billr67 wrote: »
    Cheers brinty, if Liam is coming in who's team is he likely to be taking over? Just so I can give him a heads up.

Its Team Dublin Darren, there's a lot of talent on the team so dunno if D3PO dropped out of boredom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

I'll be starting with Clyde Edwards-Helaire, KC :)

• Advertisement

Just a few notes.

Please PM the next guy, helps speed things up

I will be enforcing the 24 hr clock but I hope we don't reach that stage. If a pick is missed then the draft continues and the guy with the missed pick can select next time he's online. I'll autodarft when it gets to D3PO

If you are going to be offline for a while then feel free to PM me a list of choices and I will select the highest available for you

You don't need to use all your picks if you don't want to (usually happens in the later rounds) so just post that you are forfeiting picks and we can bypass you

I will need everyone to clear space on your rosters for me to add your rookies. The sooner the better for me. If you plan to add 5 rookies then you need to get down to 25 (nobody should be in the IR spot as that is for in season only). If there is anyone in the IR spot when im adding your rookies and there is no spot for them on your 30 man roster i will drop them.

Any questions just ask

In my best Roger Goddell accent I now declare the 2020 Boards Dynasty Draft open :

1.01 Clyde Edwards Helaire, RB, Kansas City Chiefs

Please keep the above method going

1.01 - Clyde Edwards Helaire, RB, Kansas City Chiefs
    1.02 - Jonathan Taylor, RB, Indianapolis Colts

Autopick taken from
    https://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/28828241/2020-fantasy-football-rankings-top-80-rookies-dynasty-leagues

I'll only draft Offence this year and that is a fair source.

I'll DM Eagle eye now

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

On the phone so can’t update my trade block but Edelman, Newton & LeVeon are in play.

1.03 - Ceedee Lamb, WR, Dallas Cowboys

Looks like eagle eye is gone so billr we definitely have a team for your friends if they can get on boards ASAP

Spongey has been pm'd

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Miamiwill

Hi brinty Bill asked me to post here to join the league. What do you need to add me? Do I just pm you my email address? Thanks

Miamiwill wrote:
    Hi brinty Bill asked me to post here to join the league. What do you need to add me? Do I just pm you my email address? Thanks

Hi mate

Drop me a DM with your email and I'll reassign a team to you

And get trading, we love that kinda stuff, bill loves taking Steelers players and I take Cowboys players.

You ok with IDP

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Miamiwill

Hi mate

Drop me a DM with your email and I'll reassign a team to you

And get trading, we love that kinda stuff, bill loves taking Steelers players and I take Cowboys players.

You ok with IDP

Yep that’s fine by me. I’ll DM you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Didnt realise this had started

1.04 - JK Dobbins, RB, Baltimore Ravens

Didnt realise this had started

1.04 - JK Dobbins, RB, Baltimore Ravens

No worries Spongey, TBF i was going to allow you a few days as I'd said we'd not start until the weekend.

Both players in front of you are autodrafts for now. MiamiWill is taking one team and I'm hoping to hear from D3PO shortly. Eagle eye has been banned from boards and i've reached out through direct mail in the espn league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

No worries Spongey, TBF i was going to allow you a few days as I'd said we'd not start until the weekend.

Both players in front of you are autodrafts for now. MiamiWill is taking one team and I'm hoping to hear from D3PO shortly. Eagle eye has been banned from boards and i've reached out through direct mail in the espn league.

How did he get himself banned :eek:

Advertisement