Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Noah Donohoe

• 24-06-2020 1:47pm
    Site Banned Posts: 2

Noah Donohoe, 14, has been missing in north Belfast since Sunday and the PSNI believe he may have suffered a head injury after falling off his bike. Searches are underway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭The_Fitz

Can't stop thinking about this 14 year old wee boy. Missing in Belfast since Sunday. Story is he cycled from his house in South Belfast up to North Belfast (where he goes to school), a witness has said they saw him fall off the bike and hit his head. The next thing is he has got rid of his clothes and is cycling naked near Seaview on the Shore Road. Last spotted in a heavily built up area around 6pm on a bright Sunday evening. Nobody has any idea where he could be and hundreds from accross both communities have scoured the area. PSNI and S&R teams leading it at the minute.

The PSNI has appealed to the public to search their homes, gardens and outbuildings for signs of missing schoolboy Noah Donohoe.

Superintendent Muir Clark thanked the public for their help in a widespread search as thousands of volunteers continued to hunt for the Year 10 pupil who has been missing from his home in since Sunday.

Officers believe Noah Donohoe may have fallen from his bicycle and sustained an injury causing him to remove his clothing before he was last seen in areas close to the Shore Road.

A number of items belonging to the teenager, including his bicycle and some clothing, have been found.

Superintendent Clark asked people to now search their own properties in north Belfast. "I really need people to check their own property, we are looking for a young, slim 14-year-old boy," he said, speaking from Musgrave Police Station where Noah's mother Fiona and aunts Niamh and Shona were also present.

"Check your gardens, sheds and outbuildings for any sign of Noah. If you have a car or a caravan that hasn't been used for some time which is siting in your driveway, please check it to see if Noah is there."

"If anyone has clothing which has gone missing from your washing line over the past few days, you need to call us."

Superintendent Clark made a direct appeal to Noah to call them if he is able to do so, reassuring him he was not in any trouble. He asked Noah's friends to contact the police with any information, now matter how small.

"If any of Noah's friends known anything that might help us, you are not in any trouble, it's just to help us find him. If you are a landlord or you own a vacant property ion this area, please check your property for sign of Noah," he said.

It comes after Noah's devastated mother Fiona pleaded for “just one person” to come forward with information that could lead to her son’s safe return home.

Fiona Donohoe has issued a fervent appeal for her 14-year-old son, an only child and St Malachy's pupil, on the third day after his disappearance.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/police-appeal-for-public-to-search-homes-gardens-and-unused-vehicles-for-missing-noah-donohoe-39312438.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Be right back

It's desperate. Poor lad. Hope he turns up safe soon.

It's desperate. Poor lad. Hope he turns up safe soon.

What I can't get my head around is someone seeing a child, naked at 6pm in a built up area then nothing.

I fear the worst but also hopeful that if he was that confused that he discarded his clothes that he could be hiding somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

It is desperately sad, please God he will be found soon.

I have a 14 year old son and I can't imagine the horror they're going through.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Very odd case.

I’m hoping against hope he is found alive and well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Very odd case.

I’m hoping against hope he is found alive and well

Not that odd. The poor kid obviously suffered a head injury.

PSNI have said that he discarded all of his clothes as was seen cycling naked but as yet haven't recovered his coat, jogging bottoms and his backpack containing a laptop.

Wonder has someone lifted this gear thinking happy days to themselves and are now *****ing themselves coming forward with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

The_Fitz wrote: »
    PSNI have said that he discarded all of his clothes as was seen cycling naked but as yet haven't recovered his coat, jogging bottoms and his backpack containing a laptop.

Wonder has someone lifted this gear thinking happy days to themselves and are now *****ing themselves coming forward with them.

Green North Face Jacket would be expensive and very stylish, could easily see it being lifted in the manner you described.

Backpack also contained a book, 12 Rules for Life by Jordan Petersen according to the Newsletter website. Distinctive modern cover on it too. Laptop missing is a Lenovo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Birneybau wrote: »
    Not that odd. The poor kid obviously suffered a head injury.

Surely it's odd that no one intervened when they saw a 14 year old cycling with no clothes on?

Bystander effect possibly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

What I keep thinking when I heard he took off his clothes is would he head for water next. I don’t know the area and I don’t know if there’s any river or lake nearby. I don’t know who alerted the police that they saw Noah cycling around naked and walking away naked and why they didn’t keep him in sight until the police arrived. It had to be obvious there was something terribly wrong. Thinking about Noah a lot and hopefully he will be found safe soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

Surely it's odd that no one intervened when they saw a 14 year old cycling with no clothes on?

Bystander effect possibly?

To be honest, if I saw a young lad cycle past me naked, Id probably think its very strange but wouldnt do anything about it.

Search entering it's 6th day this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

The_Fitz wrote: »
    Search entering it's 6th day this morning.

It is not looking good for the lad, God help the family this is such a heartbreaking story.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

just heard that they have found his backpack

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

And his laptop

Seems to be after a call from the public. As I guessed earlier, it could be that someone has lifted it and kept quiet.

Still not found his jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

This is horrific. His poor parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Maybe I am not following correctly but the news reports are just confusing.
    Is it suspected he has been abducted or that he is confused from a head trauma and wandered off somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭sugarman20

It's looking like an abduction to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Ben Done

sugarman20 wrote: »
    It's looking like an abduction to me.

How do you figure that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Is it suspected he has been abducted or that he is confused from a head trauma and wandered off somewhere?

Sounds like the latter as they were asking people to check their sheds etc in case he wandered in somewhere

I think the police feel that he’s still local somewhere- he travelled to a location in Belfast on his bike that he had no apparent reason to be there- they’re interested now in his laptop as they believe that may shed light on why he travelled to that location.
    He fell off his bike hit his head and then discarded his clothes backpack and bike- apparently as a result of the head injury sustained. He walked up a street naked in broad daylight and then simply disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,562 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Bizarre.

Was he seen walking naked in the street? Or did I mishear the news report from yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Feeling very sorry for his family and wishing i could help

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Real Life wrote: »
    To be honest, if I saw a young lad cycle past me naked, Id probably think its very strange but wouldnt do anything about it.

Maybe, but if I saw someone fall off their bike with such force to sustain a serious head injury, I'd most definitely stop and help him. I would have thought most people would.

Poor guy, I really hope he's found safe and well, but you must think it's not looking likely at this stage :(

Maybe, but if I saw someone fall off their bike with such force to sustain a serious head injury, I'd most definitely stop and help him. I would have thought most people would.

Poor guy, I really hope he's found safe and well, but you must think it's not looking likely at this stage :(

I just hope they find him. 6 days is a long time with a serious head injury. If he were still disoriented he surely would have wandered into the street again.

There has to be more CCTV footage.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

My heart goes out to his mother, this is just awful, hoping against hope that he is ok but it's not looking good, it's every parents nightmare.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please only relay information from reliable sources - do not repeat speculation from the likes of Twitter

Please bear in mind that people close to Noah may read threads like this, hoping to glean any information that may be relevant to the search. Speculation over what has happened is inappropriate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Poor kid. Hopefully he didn't suffer.

EbhJJuaWsAEtZD_?format=jpg&name=900x900

Advertisement