Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Have the POtM so awesome quick start, and an extra 90 to pump into the Icon SBC.

Used Del Piero this afternoon and pleasantly surprised. Was performing better than the better stats Vardy has.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Have the POtM so awesome quick start, and an extra 90 to pump into the Icon SBC.

Used Del Piero this afternoon and pleasantly surprised. Was performing better than the better stats Vardy has.

Ah you can’t even compare DP and Vardy, completely different players :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I'm so happy right now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

When is Firminho going to be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I'm so happy right now!!

Yeah lovely objectives to play for over next few days, nothing overly complicated either.
    Good too that they did similar to mendy and made it a little easier for those who completed the sbc.

It’ll make a big difference to not have to get the 5 wins at the start.
    (I don’t have his potm btw, I did have futmas mendy though)

• Advertisement

cintec wrote: »
    When is Firminho going to be announced?

Don’t you mean James Rodriguez?? :P

Ah no, think firmino is tomorrow. Not a chance he doesn’t get it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

4 Portuguese players needed too.

Bruno one, so need three, Nani, Ronnie, Perriera. Awesome.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Don’t you mean James Rodriguez?? :P

Ah no, think firmino is tomorrow. Not a chance he doesn’t get it.

They said that about Kent!!

Very true, but I think maybe there as others said, the casuals wouldn’t have a clue who Kent was, so would’ve voted for the Real Madrid player.
    Then you had the players who picked anyone but Kent out of spite, and there would’ve been a lot of them.
    Don’t think there’d be many opposed to having a firmino card that would vote for others out of spite

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Hopefully lightning doesn't strike twice

• Advertisement

5*5*, he's going to cost so much especially the way the markets gone recently.

Bruno's WR card dropped 50k, thanks god I sold him earlier!!

Bruno's WR card dropped 50k, thanks god I sold him earlier!!

Crap, forgot I bought that card earlier Incase it was the one that let us skip the 5 wins.

Oh well, they can’t all be winners.

Crap, forgot I bought that card earlier Incase it was the one that let us skip the 5 wins.

Oh well, they can’t all be winners.

The weird thing is people are still buying his card.
    I sold mine for the same price I paid for it and I’m seeing a load of bids on his winter refresh card.

1 win away from my new team of the month Bruno, and I only finished work at 7 :pac:

Perisic is fast becoming my favourite player in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭baldshin

Some seriously toxic players online tonight on Xbox!

Blazer wrote: »
    The weird thing is people are still buying his card.
    I sold mine for the same price I paid for it and I’m seeing a load of bids on his winter refresh card.

Yeah I got rid of him there at a 20k loss, not too bad.

6 matches in a row of self relegators who can’t score an o.g before quitting.
    The annoying thing is ea have done nothing whatsoever about this all year long

[HTML][/HTML]
    1 win away from my new team of the month Bruno, and I only finished work at 7 :pac:

And next game I win! Haven’t had a run like this in a while. Welcome to the club Bruno, now for some serious grinding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

When is Perisic's card expiring? Need to get some funds from rewards to complete him. Gonna use Moments Sane as fodder, his card didn't impress me at all during the last WL.

When is Perisic's card expiring? Need to get some funds from rewards to complete him. Gonna use Moments Sane as fodder, his card didn't impress me at all during the last WL.

Think it’s Friday! He’s played 28 games for me and has 33 goals and 6 assists. He’s lethal.

• Advertisement

Yeah I got rid of him there at a 20k loss, not too bad.

6 matches in a row of self relegators who can’t score an o.g before quitting.
    The annoying thing is ea have done nothing whatsoever about this all year long

Problem now is we’re all down here on div9 and I’m meeting players as good and better than me which is making promotion tough going.
    It’s grand for me etc and those players but there are players down here who obviously just play Fifa from a love of footie and hardly know what buttons to push so must be very disheartening for them.
    I cannot fathom why EA haven’t addressed it, the hardcore FIFA crowd is minuscule compared to the casual base yet they’ve completely screwed those people over.

Blazer wrote: »
    Problem now is we’re all down here on div9 and I’m meeting players as good and better than me which is making promotion tough going.
    It’s grand for me etc and those players but there are players down here who obviously just play Fifa from a love of footie and hardly know what buttons to push so must be very disheartening for them.
    I cannot fathom why EA haven’t addressed it, the hardcore FIFA crowd is minuscule compared to the casual base yet they’ve completely screwed those people over.

Yeah, that’s the think I can’t understand, the entire year has been a sh!t show in rivals, they’re aware of the problem, with the incentive of extra pack for doing certain objectives in div 4 or higher.

There’s so many simple fixes they could do.

Anyway got my potm bruno too, the next few parts of the objectives are simple.

91 Bruno in the club now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Finally completed Mendy! Went on a 7 win streak there today getting all my objectives in those 7 games. Lewandowski really turned up the heat. Played a lot of my games on 3 bars, 60-90 ping and honesty, it was the smoothest I’ve ever played. Makes no sense :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Xbox Alert!

I've never encountered this before so I'm sticking it here. Haven't heard of it neither.

Rivals, dude party invited me, actually spammed the sheed out of it........objectives he wants, even though I don't need any I say cool, get objectives, we'll level up and play from there.

All is good, we chat, another dude is then in chat as well, all is good.

I then forget the golden rule, and I let him batter on and he goes 3-1 up getting his Fernandes objective. Upon doing so they immediately laugh, game disconnects ........

Odd thing is, my whole Internet went down. Had to turn router off for a few mins. It felt like a hack.

Reconnected, got loss, reaffirmed golden rule to myself.

Then, two games later, the same pattern, spamming a party chat invite, then when ignored another gamertag spams party invites.

Strange I thought.

Don't accept spam party invites.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Xbox Alert!

I've never encountered this before so I'm sticking it here. Haven't heard of it neither.

Rivals, dude party invited me, actually spammed the sheed out of it........objectives he wants, even though I don't need any I say cool, get objectives, we'll level up and play from there.

All is good, we chat, another dude is then in chat as well, all is good.

I then forget the golden rule, and I let him batter on and he goes 3-1 up getting his Fernandes objective. Upon doing so they immediately laugh, game disconnects ........

Odd thing is, my whole Internet went down. Had to turn router off for a few mins. It felt like a hack.

Reconnected, got loss, reaffirmed golden rule to myself.

Then, two games later, the same pattern, spamming a party chat invite, then when ignored another gamertag spams party invites.

Strange I thought.

Don't accept spam party invites.

Constantly getting those. Such a pita.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Slowly inching my way towards Mendy - just 2 more assists/wins needed for the final 89 part and then the 87 bits of long shot and assists - been a bit slow going but at least been able to combine with Bruno objectives - just 3 games to go for his 91.

At least you get to finish a game when the objective is just play and not win or do anything specific. Went 3-1 up against a guy after about 60 mins also working towards the 91 reward and he just then spent the rest of the match running it out of touch so was able to take advantage and get an assist and win towards Mendy.

Have to say I’m not feeling POTM Bruno as much as I did when first having his Winter Refresh but have been impressed with Moments Rashford. He’s not Ronaldo like but 8 goals and 6 assists in 5 games is a decent return

Anyone here do wl? What were rewards like?

Think I’ll just be skipping it again this week and doing bruno objectives.

Completed the rashford sbc after rivals rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Anyone here do wl? What were rewards like?

Think I’ll just be skipping it again this week and doing bruno objectives.

Completed the rashford sbc after rivals rewards.

Hey, ya i played it last week. Got 17 wins and my rewards were TOTS Kimmich and Oblak. Will be fine for fodder.

Packed 91 Van dijk in the packs so that was nice.

There was FB cards in the red picks too but I wasn't offered anything of note

• Advertisement

Working days this weekend so will be going the old rubber band trick again.
    I’ve already entered WL from last week so will play enough games to get points for next week.

Been using ss Moura and Christ it’s some card.
    I miss my fb Griezmann but Moura’s card is so good and fast.
    I’m half hoping Booby doesn’t win the vote and I can go back to Griezemann and co.
    Especially Ter Stegen. Having to use De Gea again makes me want to punch my tv.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement