Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Adaptive Tactical TK22 Stock for my 10/22 Takedown

• 11-04-2020 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm trying to source this stock for my Ruger 10/22 Takedown:

Link To Brownells UK Stock Spec

Would anybody know where I could source one of these? Preferably somewhere Europe-side and even more preferably within the Euro-zone.

Thanks,
    Alan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Contact Brownells Germany.They should be able to take your order and ship to here.Thing is;they wont do CC transactions from outside Germany.You'll have to do a bank transfer for the full sum.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

As per the information given to me by Brownell's UK they will ship to Ireland using a parcel carrier service if you want to contact them about it.

They are still in the Eurozone until December of this year.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭alanmc

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Contact Brownells Germany.They should be able to take your order and ship to here.Thing is;they wont do CC transactions from outside Germany.You'll have to do a bank transfer for the full sum.

Just on the Credit Card situation. Brownells DE seem to be allowing us to pay by Credit Carx now. I ordered some bits and pieces off them last week. Payment cleared. They haven't shipped yet, so I'm using this as a sort of test.

If these items turn up, I'll order the stock from here.

Thanks lads.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Let us know how you get on. Whether it works, how long, etc.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Cass wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on. Whether it works, how long, etc.

Will do.

• Advertisement

An update on this. I ordered my TK22 Stock from Brownells Germany on May 27th. It was shipped from US warehouse on June 4th and arrived on my porch day before yesterday 22nd June. So all in all, about a month. I'm happy with that. Better than the old Irish version anyway.

The parcel gets shipped to Germany first and then DHL'd to Ireland with An Post doing the final leg. Once DHL gets its hands on it, you get emailed a tracking number.

The original bits and pieces I ordered took somewhat longer, but I emailed Brownells Germany and got a reply within 24 hours saying that it was on back order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

I was looking at motorcycle spares from Germany and Austria, and the prices for postage were eyewatering. Its like buying from the US or Canada, the postage and duty costs make things very expensive.

Shipping came in at €15 for the stock. Coming from the US via Germany, seems like a bargain to me.

I remember having to order car parts from Germany a few years back though and postage was something like 75% of the cost of the parts.

I concur on the prices of car parts and other bits from Germany.They go by weight in Deutsche post/DHL.The Ma gets a "care package" of a dozen bottles of our local white wine from the fam every year and the postage is even more than the value of two dozen bottles in the local supermarket.:eek:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

alanmc wrote: »
    An update on this. I ordered my TK22 Stock from Brownells Germany on May 27th. It was shipped from US warehouse on June 4th and arrived on my porch day before yesterday 22nd June. So all in all, about a month. I'm happy with that. Better than the old Irish version anyway.

The parcel gets shipped to Germany first and then DHL'd to Ireland with An Post doing the final leg. Once DHL gets its hands on it, you get emailed a tracking number.

Anyhoo,glad it worked for someone else too from here in Ireland.

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Did you have to do a bank transfer or did they accept a Credit card in the end?
    Anyhoo,glad it worked for someone else too from here in Ireland.

Credit card worked just fine. Took my Irish address and eircode and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Limerick Sovereigns

Credit card worked just fine. Took my Irish address and eircode and all.

What do you think of the stock? Any photos?

What do you think of the stock? Any photos?

Overall, I like it. The pistol style grip suits me a lot better. I found the original stock too short for me as well, so the adjustability of this one (albeit limited) works for me. The foreend is much nicer to use as well. Build quality is as you'd expect. It's just injection moulded plastic. But it feels ok. I think it's a definite upgrade on the factory stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Is there much of a difference in accuracy between the normal 10/22 and the takedown version?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Is there much of a difference in accuracy between the normal 10/22 and the takedown version?

Probably not. I had the bull barrel target version and the accuracy was not target standard. A 40 year old cz bolt action shot rings around it.

BattleCorp wrote: »

Short answer, dunno. I'm getting just about an MOA or a little over it ... which isn't great. My old CZ 452 was much tighter. The Ruger is much morr fun to shoot though. I knew what I was getting into accuracy wise, so I'm not disappointed.

The only thing is the shift in POI after reassembling the rifle. It's anytning up to 2 MOA. So much so that Volquartsen supply a barrel with a Pic rail attached to it (and not the receiver) specifically for the Takedown.

I'm happy enough with it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Brontosaurus

Short answer, dunno. I'm getting just about an MOA or a little over it ... which isn't great. My old CZ 452 was much tighter. The Ruger is much morr fun to shoot though. I knew what I was getting into accuracy wise, so I'm not disappointed.

The only thing is the shift in POI after reassembling the rifle. It's anytning up to 2 MOA. So much so that Volquartsen supply a barrel with a Pic rail attached to it (and not the receiver) specifically for the Takedown.

I'm happy enough with it though.

Shouldn't get much POI shift at all taking it down and putting it back, is your barrel ring tight but not too tight? Also I've found that some 10/22 takedown stocks have pretty bad fit, as in receiver having a fair bit of play in the stock.

Shouldn't get much POI shift at all taking it down and putting it back, is your barrel ring tight but not too tight? Also I've found that some 10/22 takedown stocks have pretty bad fit, as in receiver having a fair bit of play in the stock.

I had the rifle out for the first time this morning since installing it in the new stock. Very little POI shift at all. Maybe a click or 2. That could have been me though. So it looks like the factory stock is crap. Barrel ring is correct as far as I know. Snug. Gives a bit of drag when twisting the barrel in.

It's a fun little thing to shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Brontosaurus

I had the rifle out for the first time this morning since installing it in the new stock. Very little POI shift at all. Maybe a click or 2. That could have been me though. So it looks like the factory stock is crap. Barrel ring is correct as far as I know. Snug. Gives a bit of drag when twisting the barrel in.

It's a fun little thing to shoot.

Usually I give it a few shots and it seems to return to zero more-or-less. And yeah stock-fitment is crucial on a takedown. I've seen some online bed theirs and get good results believe it or not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement