Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ioniq charge port actuator

• 23-06-2020 4:48pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    2018 ioniq wouldn't charge at the weekend. After searching online plus not hearing the charge port actuator, I thought this was the fault.
    Dropped to Hyundai garage Monday and yes - faulty actuator.

Q - UK import with no recalls outstanding. Should this be covered under warranty.

Thx

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

karltimber wrote: »
    Hi
    2018 ioniq wouldn't charge at the weekend. After searching online plus not hearing the charge port actuator, I thought this was the fault.

Q - UK import with no recalls outstanding. Should this be covered under warranty.

Thx

Should definitely be covered under warranty. There was actually a recall around the actuator at some stage if recall correctly.

• Moderators Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Should definitely be covered under warranty. There was actually a recall around the actuator at some stage if recall correctly.

Under warranty Providing all services have been completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭baldshin

Yep, 100% covered. Had it done on my first last year, and expect to have to have it done at some point on my second Ioniq.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Not only is it covered under warranty, it's an actual recall. Which means the manufacturer should have contacted you. In my case they did. But at that stage I had already booked the car in for a service to include the actuator replacement and the ECU inspection.

I guess in your case it probably got lost somewhere because of the car moving jurisdiction / changing owner

Interesting. I think when I bought mine I asked about recalls in general and was told it would of had all its recalls performed, but given my experience and perception of dealers since getting the car, they probably just told me what I wanted to hear rather than verifying it.

Do Hyundai have that information centralised? Ie. If I ring up any dealer should they be able to tell me? Kearys knew nothing of my service history when I went for service 4 last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Pretty sure it's all in a centralised database only. Dealer fills in nothing in any service book when they service your car.

unkel wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's all in a centralised database only. Dealer fills in nothing in any service book when they service your car.

Ok, mechanic should of filled it in. Both Boland's and kearys didn't for services 3 and 4. Spotted this on 4 and got it filled in.

Checking my old emails I did get mine replaced:
    Rear spring break
    Usb charger port
    EPCU (electrical power control unit)
    Inlet actuator replacement ( charging related issue),

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

HI,

yes- car fully hyundai servcied & up to date.
    As above, all recalls were completed (if they were any), but I thought, searching last weekend, that the actuator recall was only for a set of certain vin numbers round 2017/18.
    Part not easily available so hopefully pick up fixed car today.
    will update then.

K

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Hi

Thx

Yes, by coincidence I got mine replaced last week. Also UK import. Done by Hyundai Castlebar. No cost whatsoever.
    I had known that these were problematic and knew that some were being recalled, and got my normal service centre (Hyundai Limerick) to explicitly check, but they said at the time (couple of years ago) that mine was not recalled (If I remember it was those manufactured up to an including 2017, whereas mine was 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭zg3409

Hi

Thx

Yes. UK warranty is valid here. There is free break down and recovery from Hyundai via AA too.

I have a UK import Ioniq.

I also emailed Hyundai Ireland HQ my cars vin and they confirmed some recalls were needed and they were completed by dealer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭zg3409

Interesting. I think when I bought mine I asked about recalls in general and was told it would of had all its recalls performed, but given my experience and perception of dealers since getting the car, they probably just told me what I wanted to hear rather than verifying it.

Do Hyundai have that information centralised? Ie. If I ring up any dealer should they be able to tell me? Kearys knew nothing of my service history when I went for service 4 last week.

I found dealers a bit confused if you switch dealers. They also recommend additional service items like brake fluid when they were completed a few months earlier. They probably can access services at other dealers but may need to access separate system.

For recalls best to email your vin to Hyundai Ireland HQ.

Details on actuator recall is in this post (see PDF)
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113785910&postcount=9414

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Update :
    Actuator had to be ordered from the Uk, so a slight delay.
    Fitted, charged and took car home yesterday (friday)
    Charging at home with no issues.

One note: when the issue happened last week, the rcbo in the rolec charger was damaged and would not reset.
    replaced that and all is good now. Could have been defective.

Thx
    k

Advertisement