Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW31+ Captain Poll

• 22-06-2020 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭

I'll be monitoring the Salah situation closely but Fernandes or Jimenez could be getting the armband either.

Who will be your captain? 124 votes

Vardy (BHA)
    62% 78 votes
    Son (WHU)
    1% 2 votes
    Kane (WHU)
    0% 0 votes
    Fernandes (SHU)
    0% 1 vote
    Rashford (SHU)
    5% 7 votes
    Calvert-Lewin (nor)
    3% 4 votes
    Jimenez (BOU)
    1% 2 votes
    Mane (CRY)
    8% 10 votes
    Salah (CRY)
    3% 4 votes
    TAA (CRY)
    9% 12 votes
    KDB (che)
    0% 1 vote
    Aguero (che)
    1% 2 votes
    Other (comment in thread)
    0% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,749 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Salah is a big worry for me. If he wasn’t fit enough to play any minutes in a game that they weren’t winning, how can we trust him to play big minutes 3 days later?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Jim for me currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

CSF wrote: »
    Salah is a big worry for me. If he wasn’t fit enough to play any minutes in a game that they weren’t winning, how can we trust him to play big minutes 3 days later?

I do think a few days can make a difference. Also Liverpool were forced into 2 changes because of injuries. I think we would have seen him come on if not for that but Klopp often replaces the midfield engines in the team first.

Morzadec wrote: »
    I do think a few days can make a difference. Also Liverpool were forced into 2 changes because of injuries. I think we would have seen him come on if not for that but Klopp often replaces the midfield engines in the team first.
    They still had 3 changes left with 25 minutes left though. And made all 5 substitutions. He brought on Origi instead.

I think a few days can make a difference yeah, and think there is a reasonable possibility he starts, but with 5 substitutions available, I think Klopp whips him off earlier than Mane and Firmino.

They still had 3 changes left with 25 minutes left though. And made all 5 substitutions. He brought on Origi instead.

I think a few days can make a difference yeah, and think there is a reasonable possibility he starts, but with 5 substitutions available, I think Klopp whips him off earlier than Mane and Firmino.

Yeah certainly a high chance he doesn't complete the 90.

My guess is he starts and gets about 70 mins. I can't think of a better alternative this week (on a FH so I have my pick) even if I don't think he'll get 90 and there's a bit of a chance he comes on off the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I wasn't considering Salah anyway. Palace know how to frustrate opponents away from home. KDB and Fernandes on form. Leaning towards Fernandes. Sheff Utd missing players in defense and may suffer from tiredness having played a game more and with a shorter turnaround between games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,193 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Bruno (C), Vardy (VC)

Morzadec wrote: »
    Yeah certainly a high chance he doesn't complete the 90.

My guess is he starts and gets about 70 mins. I can't think of a better alternative this week (on a FH so I have my pick) even if I don't think he'll get 90 and there's a bit of a chance he comes on off the bench.
    I think there are alot of candidates this week if Salah is a bit shaky.

Mane, Son, Fernandes, Rashford, Jimenez, DCL.

Dare I say TAA or Doherty even?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Nice spread of captains this week.

Just wondering if people are sticking with backing someone who's at home or does it not really matter given that there's no atmosphere / crowd in the stadium?

Nice spread of captains this week.

Just wondering if people are sticking with backing someone who's at home or does it not really matter given that there's no atmosphere / crowd in the stadium?

It matters less I think but still a little.

• Advertisement

I think there are alot of candidates this week if Salah is a bit shaky.

Mane, Son, Fernandes, Rashford, Jimenez, DCL.

Dare I say TAA or Doherty even?

Yeah certainly none of them are bad options, I have the ones you've bolded there. But they all seem a bit alternative/punty and I'm not one to go with an alternative type of captain choice usually. I wouldn't be 100% shocked to see TAA rested, he looked sluggish the other day and played 90. Probably won't be but it seems a possible risky choice in that regard.

Jimi doesn't have the explosive factor for me...

Bruno is tempting because I thought he looked really sharp against Spurs and is exactly the type of FF player you want. Richarlison is another one I have that tempts me, but again seems a punty type of choice.

I'll monitor Salah news, but based on what Klopp said and his general consistency and capacity for a huge haul I feel I've got to go with him. Milner might be injured too so better chance for Salah to take a pen if they get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Jimi - Bruno vice

I think players being rested will be less of a thing with the next set of games being FA Cup. Liverpool don’t play City until 8 days after Palace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Might go Calvert-Lewin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Jimmi is a but boring for a captain choice hes consistent without being explosive he will never be the highest scorer in a week kinda thing.

Probably tossing up between vardy and a rested sterling...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Rashford

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

No love for PEA?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

AdMMM wrote: »
    No love for PEA?

I have a different emotion.

Re Salah, regardless of injury, he's likely to be the rustiest guy on the pitch. Fernandes for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Salah was being readied to come on before Matip went off injured.

That was their last sub so he sat back down as they were forced to bring on Lovren instead to plug the CB hole

I'd be confident of seeing him start tomorrow

x43r0 wrote: »

That was their last sub so he sat back down as they were forced to bring on Lovren instead to plug the CB hole

I didn’t know that. That does change things a tad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

AdMMM wrote: »
    No love for PEA?

Paging KM79 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Why so little love for Mané?

You would expect him to be sharper and more match fit than Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭Xterminator

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Might go Calvert-Lewin

ha. good one. needed cheering up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Dockerty

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Why so little love for Mané?

You would expect him to be sharper and more match fit than Salah

ssshhh ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I’ve never seen a captain poll this tight before. Literally nothing in it at the top.

It’s a great week for a left-field punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭macraignil

Voted for Calvert Lewin but going to change to Fernandes. Got caught out being different than the crowd in captaining Aubameyang last week so not going to pick someone who looks unpopular as a choice this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

On Mane but tempted by Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

x43r0 wrote: »

Salah is fit

https://twitter.com/bendinnery/status/1275407385348186113?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Half in the mood for a punt. Might get in Ricky and captain him

Advertisement