Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are toilets open in Galway City?

• 18-06-2020 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

My daughter & her friends want to go in shopping soon for a day. Are the toilets open in the Eyre Square Centre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

tamara25 wrote: »
    My daughter & her friends want to go in shopping soon for a day. Are the toilets open in the Eyre Square Centre?

Not sure about Eyre Square Centre, but the toilets are open in the Galway Shopping Centre (aka Tesco Headford road).

And Tiolets in the AppleGreen Service station on the Tuam road are also open.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭tamara25

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Magic ]=)

Eyre Square shopping centre as many other are closed. Public toilets on Eyre Square are operating.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭tamara25

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,659 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

"Magic wrote:
    =);113772072"]Eyre Square shopping centre as many other are closed.

I think they reopened yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

'Magic wrote:
    =);113772072']Eyre Square shopping centre as many other are closed. Public toilets on Eyre Square are operating.

Not correct, Essential retailers opened on May 18, the rest (Penny's etc) reopened last monday.

Not correct, Essential retailers opened on May 18, the rest (Penny's etc) reopened last monday.

Also not correct.

Eyre Square Shopping Centre has been open throughout- as has every other shopping centre with a supermarket in it ( pretty much all of them). But only a few shop were open. And the toilets weren't.

Some more shops, including ones in Eyre Square Shopping Centre, opened on 18 May. Mainly phone shops.

More were allowed to open from 8 June, and so more shops in Eyre Square Shopping Centre opened. But some chose to open later eg Remus Uomo opened on Wednesday, and some still aren't open yet. And the shopping centre toilets were open yesterday - possibly for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hopefully someone who have used the toilets can confirm.
    Until then it's guesswork.

Scabby so and so’s charge for using the toilets there so I have always refused to use them.

biko wrote: »
    Hopefully someone who have used the toilets can confirm.
    Until then it's guesswork.

Well I didn't see anyone actually peeing. But I did see them queuing, which was as close as I wanted to get.

• Advertisement
Advertisement