Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Driver for 11 year old

Options
  • 15-06-2020 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

My son is 11 but tall for his age,
    He's outgrown his green driver for age range,
    He's going into blue which is for 11- 14 I think
    But I'm thinking Regular shaft adult size maybe cut an inch off any taught

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Maybe a 3w or 5w shaft?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

A ladies driver is often a good step, they are generally shorter and a better idea than a driver with a 5 wood shaft.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

I understand that if you cut a shaft, it tends to make it feel stiffer.

I've an 11 year old son and I think a ladies 3 wood would be a better option for him. This might suit and it isn't pink!

https://www.donedeal.ie/golf-for-sale/ladies-calaway-driver-steelhead/24818223

• Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I played golf with a 10 year old last night and it was painful to watch him try to swing clubs that were plainly too long for him.
    He looked like he was standing miles from the ball and just had no control over the clubhead, so if it was me I would be getting appropriately aged clubs.

Advertisement