Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What brand of bike has Eamon Ryan got

• 15-06-2020 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Might seem like a strange question but the guy did have a bike shop so should know his stuff and he can afford a good one.

I think it's a Giant City Disc of some type but not sure. Here's a very recent image but there are many others out there in recent days. Varadkar-Martin-and-Ryan-about-to-make-historic-coalition-market.jpg?resize=696%2C398&ssl=1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I don't know what bike it is but I don't like the look of the saddle angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

On the news you could see it from another angle and I think it was a Fuji obviously what his lbs was selling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Where’s his hi viz jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Isn't very fond of wearing a helmet either.. not really a great example when he is the one pushing for more for cyclists.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Isn't very fond of wearing a helmet either.. not really a great example when he is the one pushing for more for cyclists.
    Please make it go away. Every thread turns into silly 'should be wearing a helmet' nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Wasn't there the story years ago about him cycling into the Dail each day, and his driver following with his bag/laptop etc..?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Mod Note: There is a megathread on helmet discussion, you can bring the helmet talk there, it's off topic for this thread.

On topic, what bike shop did he own? Where was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭wheelo01

eeeee wrote: »
    Mod Note: There is a megathread on helmet discussion, you can bring the helmet talk there, it's off topic for this thread.

On topic, what bike shop did he own? Where was it?

Wikipedia says he founded cycling safaris, a cycling tour company - could that be it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Oh interesting, I think they were Malahide/North Dublin based? Or I could be getting them mixed up with the Irish Cycling Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭wheelo01

UCD, Apparently, and his bike shop was belfield bikes too, just read his blurb on the greens website.
    https://www.greenparty.ie/people/eamon-ryan/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

wheelo01 wrote: »
    UCD, Apparently, and his bike shop was belfield bikes too, just read his blurb on the greens website.

If you like it it will be on the market in a couple of years once he lands his pension. Remember that clown Gormely? Couldn't go anywhere in Sandymount back in the day without seeing him on his bicycle. Once he got his pension he ****ed the useless thing into the nearest hedge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Helmets discourage people from cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,823 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Truthvader wrote: »
    If you like it it will be on the market in a couple of years once he lands his pension. Remember that clown Gormely? Couldn't go anywhere in Sandymount back in the day without seeing him on his bicycle. Once he got his pension he ****ed the useless thing into the nearest hedge

I cycled past him many a time, havnt seen him in years

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I was actually wondering this yesterday, it was different pic and I thought I seen Giant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

mloc123 wrote: »
    Wasn't there the story years ago about him cycling into the Dail each day, and his driver following with his bag/laptop etc..?

thought that was david cameron

Do you really think any of these politicians unless in the top jobs have drivers???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Shefwedfan wrote:
    Do you really think any of these politicians unless in the top jobs have drivers???

He was Minister for Communications many years ago. Telecoms etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

FFVII wrote: »

Just keep doing more of the same, doing it in a massively disconnected piecemeal fashion so you cant actually cycle A-B on any of the routes really and god forbid if you would like to bring a bike onto public transport.

thegills wrote: »
    He was Minister for Communications many years ago. Telecoms etc.

He is probably on 90k, a driver would cost circa 30k. Somehow I dont see him having a requirement for a driver

If he did you could expect it to be splashed all over the press. Just listen to interview with Pat Kenny when he mentioned he had a diesel and Pat nearly jumped down the radio....then when he said it was bio diesel poor old Pat had to sit back down

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    He is probably on 90k, a driver would cost circa 30k. Somehow I dont see him having a requirement for a driver

All Ministers had state cars back then. TDs are on 90k, Ministers even more, plus allowances.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,883 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Irish Times
    9LLxHhm.jpg?1

zell12 wrote: »
    Irish Times
    9LLxHhm.jpg?1

Ainnle needs to get a job I think we can all agree

I guess they do not realize if the picture was in the Times no young person would ever see :-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,005 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

'as a former school principal i can 100% confidently assure you that the one person de yoof look to as a role model in whether they should wear a cycle helmet is the leader of the green party'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭buffalo

Irish Times
    9LLxHhm.jpg?1

That resolution! What year was it printed? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

That was David Cameron.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/4953922.stm

Both politicians are creeps all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Boris did the same when mayor too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

wheelo01 wrote: »

Wonder is he related to Aidan Ryan/Fintan Ryan (Sorrento). I know Aidan worked at UCD bikes for a while, might still be. He also went on Cycling Guided tours (Irish Cycling Safaris) in Spain/ France as a guide/organiser.

https://www.belfieldbikeshop.com/coaching.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Irish Times
    9LLxHhm.jpg?1

That's the real problem with the Greens right there. Their support base is made up of people like this frantically nannying and policing everyone else. Wedded to the cycling ecofantasy but even when their man is "in" they cannot control the instinctive puritanical wagging finger. Same reason for the impulsive explosion of righteousness and correctness when he said "that word".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

How do you know she's a Green voter?

Advertisement