Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wyckoff Trading Analysis - Point and Figure

• 13-06-2020 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here use Wyckoff analysis, in particular point and figure charts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

I don't use it per say well I do definitely use supply and demand areas when trading. It's been a huge benefit to me and it's the main thing I use on a naked chart with no fancy indicators

I have done a bit of reading into Wyckoff but only around the supply and demand areas, is there lots of areas to be studied?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭roosh

I don't use it per say well I do definitely use supply and demand areas when trading. It's been a huge benefit to me and it's the main thing I use on a naked chart with no fancy indicators

I have done a bit of reading into Wyckoff but only around the supply and demand areas, is there lots of areas to be studied?

Honestly, I'm not sure. I don't trade that much so I've only read a few articles on it. I'm not aware of the depth of the literature on it but it sounds like a lot of the different market structures you hear about either stem from Wyckoff or are explicable within the theory itself. It does seem to be very much about supply and demand also.

The impression I get is that combining knowledge of S&D with knowledge of the market structures of Wyckoff could be quite insightful.

Would you have any recommendations for resources on learning about supply and demand, or at least being able to read it better?

Here is a 4-part medium post on Wyckoff. I'm sure this is just surface level, but I found it quite informative:

- Wyckoff 101 - Part 1: The Background
    - Wyckoff 101 — Part 2: The Composite Operator
    - Wyckoff 101 — Part 3: Accumulation
    - Wyckoff 101 — Part 4: Distribution

Advertisement