Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home taps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭endainoz

Have picked up the keg now so have everything ready to go, looking forward to using it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

im very interested in setting up my own beer taps also.have u guys any pics of your setup and any guides and is it hard to do.thanks

im very interested in setting up my own beer taps also.have u guys any pics of your setup and any guides and is it hard to do.thanks

A mate of mine is currently building the bar! Will be happy to post my setup once it's all put together.

endainoz wrote: »
    A mate of mine is currently building the bar! Will be happy to post my setup once it's all put together.

Cool thanks I'll look forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭shmeee

Got a loan of a 2 line cooler system last weekend, 2 taps going; Guinness and Coors Light. Smashing stuff!

50L kegs, and lovely and chilled after going through the cooler. Guinness was BBE April, tasted the finest. None in date to be got.

The Guinness suremix gas is like golddust to source (BOC have stopped selling it) and majority of the Guinness kegs floating are snapped up or shipped back to St. James Gate. Lucky we knew a good few publicans around the town who were glad to help out.

The price of systems / coolers online for sale at the present is insane. And then factor in the cost of the kegs.

A few lads wouldn't be long going through a few kegs of the black stuff.

Will be tapping into the 3rd keg of Guinness now later tonight.

If you can source the stuff, go for it lads.

Pure mothers milk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Anyone have any ideas where to get gas mix. I've all got now bar the gas and it's proving difficult to get as said above.

I actually have an empty 10l cylinder that was sitting at my brothers house when he bought it but can't find anywhere to get it refilled.

I see few of these home bar kits are appearing up on donedeal last few days. Quite pricey but might invest in one that already has all the gear set up. Looking for a 2 tap for Guinness and coors.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's likely to be an element of panic selling from both vendors and people who bought them who thought the pubs were closed til mid August or later, and in the case of those who bought them, are unable to find in-date kegs anywhere.

L1011 wrote: »
    There's likely to be an element of panic selling from both vendors and people who bought them who thought the pubs were closed til mid August or later, and in the case of those who bought them, are unable to find in-date kegs anywhere.
    Also lot of people back to work too. Was always gonna buy one and will as I've the space in shed for it.

If anyone is getting rid of one let me know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Got my fridge today. Larder fridge from adverts for €50

Going to get my 2nd keg tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

If anyone is getting rid of one let me know

Wait a few months until people find that it's expensive, wasteful and not the same experience as being in a pub at all. There will be lots of kits for sale, I think.

Wait a few months until people find that it's expensive, wasteful and not the same experience as being in a pub at all. There will be lots of kits for sale, I think.

Or the wifes will want it gone 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Or the wifes will want it gone ��

You'll probably pick up a pizza oven cheap enough, too, after a couple of months.

You'll probably pick up a pizza oven cheap enough, too, after a couple of months.

Beer n pizza.......mmmmmmmmmm.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

And vast quantities of home gym equipment.

Kegerator set up. With new keg of Guinness

Should keep me going for a few weeks.

Have a drip tray ordered and a few decals but they are on the slow boat from China

(Pics ad attachments cos I am on phone)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 CeeCeeBloom

Anyone know of any kegs dated or not available ar9the Dublim area. We've the set up since Christmas but finding it impossible to source a keg!

Any tips much appreciated

Anyone know of any kegs dated or not available ar9the Dublim area. We've the set up since Christmas but finding it impossible to source a keg!

I know my local value centre was not getting new keg's in untill the 29th of this month as the Guinness brewery closed. Might be worth looking into craft brewery stuff maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Dellboy54

What about these lads?
    https://brewcrew.ie/

• Advertisement

Dellboy54 wrote: »
    What about these lads?
    https://brewcrew.ie/

All sold out!

Feckin typical the one weekend in months we had someone coming over and can't spource a keg!

My local offie has been getting some in in drips and drabs. I had text him on Monday night and he 4 when I got in to him on Tue, I managed to get the last one.

Grennan kegs and coolers in Drogehda sorted us out!

Thanks for the help ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dlacey

Hi, whats the pints of Guinness like from your kegerator? Is your gas in the fridge aswell?

The pints from mine are as good as the pub now. A big improvement since the keg is in the fridge. If I do say so myself.

The gas isn’t in the fridge for my set up. Not enough room. I have fed the gas line out the back of the fridge through the hole for the drip tray.

Boscoirl wrote: »
    The pints from mine are as good as the pub now. A big improvement since the keg is in the fridge. If I do say so myself.

The gas isn’t in the fridge for my set up. Not enough room. I have fed the gas line out the back of the fridge through the hole for the drip tray.

Where did u buy these kegerators from. Are they worth the price

Where did u buy these kegerators from. Are they worth the price

I built mine myself. I bought a 2nd hand fridge from adverts for 50€, mounted the tap on the door.

I attached a pic on the previous page

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dlacey

Very good, I'm gonna buy a fridge myself, I have a keg here at the moment, I'm setting it up for next weekend, I got a lend of taps and cooler and gas off a friend of mine, but everytime I was in his drinking Guinness there was always a problem with the pints, if you wanted a cold pint there would be feck all of a head, if you wanted a nice head you have to turn off the cooler and have it warm, really annoying, that's why I'd like to make my own kegerator, think I'd drill through the top of the fridge for mine, is there a reason you drilled through the door?

My tap didn’t have a mount, so it saved me buying one. Its also a larder fridge as an under counter fridge would be too small for the keg because normally the workings of the fridge take up space at the bottom of the fridge. I had to build a shelf to level it so the keg fitted. It’s tall.

Also if you drill the wrong part of a fridge you can ruin it. And I know there is nothing in the door.

• Advertisement

Finally got everything set up this evening.
    Was waiting on the new batch of Guinness but got a call today saying a keg was available.
    A few teething problems setting up for the uninitiated but all worked out mighty.

PS thanks Boscoirl for all the info.

Advertisement