Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What Gumbo Got Next....

• 13-06-2020 7:58pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I’m now part of Elon’s cult......... :D

2014 Tesla Model S P85+
    99,300 km

Silver
    21” Sonic Turbine Wheels
    Carbon Rear Spoiler
    Pan Roof
    Smart Air Suspension
    Dual Chargers
    Free Supercharging
    Premium Connectivity Package
    Standard Granny Cable
    Chademo Adaptor
    High Fidelity Sound System
    Upgraded Centre Console
    Apple Lightning Charging Dock

Think that’s it.......

516296.jpeg

516299.jpeg

516300.jpeg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Gumbo wrote: »

Well wear :).

• Registered Users Posts: 64,758 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Well wear!

97km/h yeah! Never thought I'd say that :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Just like to say a massive thanks to Unkel for his help, advice and general opinions while searching.

As much and as many cars as I’ve had over my life it’s always nice to get other independent opinions and advice and he was there at the other end of a PM each and every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

I think we need to split this EV forum into two now.

1. Those who have Teslas
    2. Those who want a Tesla.

It looks like all the mods, most frequent posters & long-standing members have recently jumped on the Model S bandwagon :pac:. Just waiting for Mad Lad now & possibly Thierry/Mike :D.

As this happens, there is very little activity in threads about the pleb EVs, Leafs, Konas etc.

......sidles off to refresh the Tesla UK CPO page, hoping to snag an unkel'esk bargain Model S.....:pac:

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Kramer wrote: »
    I think we need to split this EV forum into two now.

1. Those who have Teslas
    2. Those who want a Tesla.

It looks like all the mods, most frequent posters & long-standing members have recently jumped on the Model S bandwagon :pac:. Just waiting for Mad Lad now & possibly Thierry/Mike :D.

As this happens, there is very little activity in threads about the pleb EVs, Leafs, Konas etc.

......sidles off to refresh the Tesla UK CPO page, hoping to snag an unkel'esk bargain Model S.....:pac:

Speaks volumes of those cars. Leaf was good, now it seems as though it's being left in the technological dark ages (chademo, slow fast charging) and the kona... As I've mentioned before, no one here really rates it. Ioniq thread is suffering s similar faith as the leaf ones. Was great, now it's bombed so none of us are buying it.

Slides off to check Tesla cpo site...

Edit: and congrats on the new car! Looks great, nice spec. Irish plates already? Local car?

• Advertisement

Yes it’s been in Ireland since 2018 so someone else took the VRT hit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

2014 Tesla Model S P85+
    99,300 km

Silver
    21” Sonic Turbine Wheels
    Carbon Rear Spoiler
    Pan Roof
    Smart Air Suspension
    Dual Chargers
    Free Supercharging
    Premium Connectivity Package
    Standard Granny Cable
    Chademo Adaptor
    High Fidelity Sound System
    Upgraded Centre Console
    Apple Lightning Charging Dock

Think that’s it.......

516296.jpeg

516299.jpeg

516300.jpeg

Beautiful, best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Orebro

Beautiful car - well wear!

Usually I have a couple of plans for the cars but not a lot with this.

1. Complete wash and decontamination. Get a nice coat of sealant on it. I may ceramic it myself with Carpro Lite.

2. Ordered a key fob chain as the little car can easily be lost so want it attached to my keys. Left Germany this morning so should have that early next week.

3. I was contemplating a form of wrap on the chrome and door handles but I’m not 100% convinced I want to do it or not.

4. Few little areas of to tidy up as it’s 6 years old at this stage so there’s a few little marks and little creases in the plastics lip etc

5. Wheels are 90% but. But a refurb would make them 100% but I’ll wait until I get used to the car before touching the wheels.

6. Change the Cabin Filter as you can never be sure if it’s been done or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭passatman86

Looks quality
    Get it in kerry?

• Advertisement

Nice one well wear !

Kramer wrote: »
    Just waiting for Mad Lad now & possibly Thierry/Mike :D.

It's definitely looking like I'll be driving a Tesla next, but, which model I don't know yet.

I do a lot of Kms for an older Model S with higher mileage and I do lots of Motorway miles which make the M3 very attractive with AP.

PCP is up in November so I might have a "Guess What Mad_Lad Got Part 3" thread going around December or January.

I do enjoy driving the i3 still, and I doubt a big tank like a Model S will take the bends like the i3, a M3, maybe.

We'll see, the big attraction for me is Auto Pilot.

It's definitely looking like I'll be driving a Tesla next, but, which model I don't know yet.

I do a lot of Kms for an older Model S with higher mileage and I do lots of Motorway miles which make the M3 very attractive with AP.

PCP is up in November so I might have a "Guess What Mad_Lad Got Part 3" thread going around December or January.

I do enjoy driving the i3 still, and I doubt a big tank like a Model S will take the bends like the i3, a M3, maybe.

We'll see, the big attraction for me is Auto Pilot.

I have to say I loved the i3 and was a little sad seeing it being driven away.

I can imagine but I bet it won't be long until you forget the i3! :D

Is there anywhere I can check for recalls etc
    Just to be sure?

I may just book it for a service with Tesla to get a grounding and start from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,758 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Just like to say a massive thanks to Unkel for his help, advice and general opinions while searching.

As much and as many cars as I’ve had over my life it’s always nice to get other independent opinions and advice and he was there at the other end of a PM each and every time.

Maybe I'm not so independent any more, owning this car has finally turned me into a bit of a fanboi I think :o:p But thanks!
    Is there anywhere I can check for recalls etc
    Just to be sure?

Throw your VIN in here:

Linky

Probably nothing there though. Nothing for me and our cars are virtually twins
    I may just book it for a service with Tesla to get a grounding and start from there.

I wouldn't bother. You do the cabin filters yourself, the NCT is your safety check and Teslas don't need any scheduled servicing. Just drive the car for a bit and make a note of anything untoward. And then you could always ask about those things in here, or in Tesla forums

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Welcome to the club��

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

May as well put these in here for ease of finding later.

Model S Cabin Filter Replacement (Pre-Facelift).

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭DM1983

You had a lovely spec one I remember. How much did you let it go for if you don't mind me asking? Also what was final mileage?

DM1983 wrote: »
    You had a lovely spec one I remember. How much did you let it go for if you don't mind me asking? Also what was final mileage?

€20k
    36,000km

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Not ready for a two EV household or are you a single car setup?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭DM1983

€20k
    36,000km

Yea was hoping it might have been lower! Definitely worth that though. Lovely car.

slave1 wrote: »
    Not ready for a two EV household or are you a single car setup?

My wife is still into her cars.
    She has an F10 MSport.

Now it’s barely been driven since lockdown as she drives my i3 everywhere anyway but she still loves her 5 series so is not ready to change just yet.

I’d say her next change will be to EV.

DM1983 wrote: »
    Yea was hoping it might have been lower! Definitely worth that though. Lovely car.

Were you interested?
    Are you still looking for an i3?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

That silver looks great.

I think Tesla should offer it on the 3 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Ricey3509

My wife is still into her cars.
    She has an F10 MSport.

Now it’s barely been driven since lockdown as she drives my i3 everywhere anyway but she still loves her 5 series so is not ready to change just yet.

I’d say her next change will be to EV.

How is that for space on the driveway? I had an S for a test drive and l couldn’t get it to fit in our driveway (and our other car is an I3), the joys of suburban living

Ricey3509 wrote: »
    How is that for space on the driveway? I had an S for a test drive and l couldn’t get it to fit in our driveway (and our other car is an I3), the joys of suburban living

I can get both in with a walk way up the middle.
    My garden is about 6m wide. I generally park outside though as I have a wide vehicular entrance (almost full width).

I have kids, kids knock for my kids so I park outside. Leaves loads of space in the garden for the kids knocking on bikes, scooters etc and leaves some space for the 4 year old to play in the garden too.

Do I wish I had a bigger garden to get them both comfortably in.....hell yes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Ricey3509

I can get both in with a walk way up the middle.
    My garden is about 6m wide. I generally park outside though as I have a wide vehicular entrance (almost full width).

I have kids, kids knock for my kids so I park outside. Leaves loads of space in the garden for the kids knocking on bikes, scooters etc and leaves some space for the 4 year old to play in the garden too.

Do I wish I had a bigger garden to get them both comfortably in.....hell yes :)

Yeah, even with the 5 series we’ve started parking the I3 outside unless it needs charging. Anyhow, enjoy the new car, looks like a great buy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭eagerv

As a recent lowly Ioniq owner which we love (When I am let drive it!) may we wish you all the best with your new S.

Agree with Old Diesel that it looks great in Silver especially with the wheels.
    Always thought the 3 looked well in the same colour with the white interior.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭adunis

I shall also be joining the Tesla brigade,
    Just as soon as my children stop being a drain on my meagre reasources,oh and I stop rescuing automotive orphans from scrap trucks.......

Advertisement