Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help find the name of an old juice drink!

Options
  • 11-06-2020 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Looking to find the name of a sparkling water drink! Used to be able to buy it in Tom Stanley's 10-15 years ago. The two flavours we remember were strawberry and kiwi (maybe lime too) and lemon and lime. It was a sparkling water/ fizzy water drink. It came in a plastic bottle. The strawberry and kiwi one came with a pink label that had pictures of strawberry and kiwis on it, the cap was grey. The lemon and lime had a clear label with pictures of lemons and limes on it. The writing on it was white bubble writing.
    Has anyone idea what this used to be? We can't find the name of it anywhere! Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

*I've moved this into the main Food forum :)

Was it Sparkling Ice?

Strawberry-Kiwi-Ice-Cream-Float-1.jpg

Edited to add: That's not a great photo, I think it's American - the kiwi & strawberry is a green colour here.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭gracew

*I've moved this into the main Food forum :)

Was it Sparkling Ice?

Strawberry-Kiwi-Ice-Cream-Float-1.jpg

Edited to add: That's not a great photo, I think it's American - the kiwi & strawberry is a green colour here.

Thanks for moving it for me :)

But no that's not sparkling ice, it was around way before sparkling ice was but then got discontinued we think?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Snapple is what I think you were looking for. Use to drink it in the states when on a j1 many years ago. Spar shops use to stock them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Um Bongo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

I think Snapple were glass bottles.

Could it have been Rubicon?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rubicon-Spring-Strawberry-Flavoured-Sparkling/dp/B06XWSYR15

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

They drink it in the Congo.

tscul32 wrote: »
    I think Snapple were glass bottles.

Could it have been Rubicon?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rubicon-Spring-Strawberry-Flavoured-Sparkling/dp/B06XWSYR15

Yeah you're right it wasn't Snapple and also not Rubicon... We've googled it for hours just to find the name and nothing🙄

It wasn't a glass bottle like Snapple :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Hint?

21cff8bab4c05045258950162aeefcb8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sesame

J2o?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,989 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Subscribers Posts: 40,989 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

It's none of the above, thanks for all the suggestions so far! If it helps the drink itself was pink!

Was it definitely sparkling water? There used to be a drink we sold in a café I worked in ~10/12 years ago that may fit the description, but it was a soft drink/lemonade type drink, not sparkling water.

Faith wrote: »
    Was it definitely sparkling water? There used to be a drink we sold in a café I worked in ~10/12 years ago that may fit the description, but it was a soft drink/lemonade type drink, not sparkling water.

Sorry it was a soft drink/ lemonade! What was the name of the one you sold?

gracew wrote: »
    Sorry it was a soft drink/ lemonade! What was the name of the one you sold?

I'm really struggling to remember, this was back in 2008. I only remember that the strawberry one was SO sweet. I mixed it with vodka one night and gawked everywhere! :eek:

/edit: There was also a Cream Soda in the line I'm thinking of. It could have been Jones? But the pictures on google don't look quite how I remember.

image_d001b05b-3f51-47b8-9e2a-e595841d24fe_540x.jpg?v=1575486256

No it wasn't Jones either I remember them though thanks! I can't find it anywhere it's driving me mad, I'm searching for it weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 2 melanierios

The froster king

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭LJ3103

Was it Nash flavoured sparking water

http://homepage.eircom.net/~pauloconno/nashfruit.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Duarte1974

Quench?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Might be a bit basic but Finches? I remember they had a pink lemonade.
    I was thinking Country Spring or TK but don’t recall them having one.

Advertisement