Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are you HOLD'ing?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Close enough - it's not purely an ICO machine, that's just the easiest "dumb" use-case for it, a la FŪÇK or Jesus Token or whatever true shìtcoin is being released any day of the week.

It's stability in the future depends on the useful ICOs that have actual products/services which require transactions on the chain and use gas.

Anyway, this is all off topic.

My HODL coins: ETH, BAT, XRP, OMG, XRL, MTL.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

The one industry thats been broken as long as I can remember has been the music one. Therefore I bought myself a fair bit of Musicoin.

Also have Gnosis, TenX, Ripple, ETH, Decred, QRL & Siacoin .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Have majority in BTC, ETH, LTC and a dabbling in NEO, LSK and DNT (mistake).

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tniazi

Best time to enter in BTCUSD trading?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 grazinggreen

tniazi wrote: »

Large/medium pullbacks depending on the timeframe youre looking to trade for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

NEO
    Litecoin
    Monero
    TenX
    Bitcoin
    OMG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Just a few NEO here because I'm a poor student who can't afford jack

Starting an investing game in college soon so if we're allowed invest in crytpo I'd be hoping to have an advantage, it's usually bigger jumps (both up and down) than the usual stock market so I'll probably come either first or last :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64,693 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Just ETH

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Main investment (90%)
    Bitcoin
    ETH
    Neo
    Ripple
    LTC

Worth a punt investment (10%)
    OMG
    TenX
    Vtc
    Strat
    Iop
    Nxc
    Xlm
    ZEC

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

tniazi wrote: »

When the price plummets and corrects heavily and the candle chart shows a steep red descent.

Are you in the US, otherwise why USD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭crushproof

ETH (70%)
    LTC (20%)
    NEO (10%)

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭boardie100

mainly bitcoin..... some LTC and the ethereum killer LISK! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Bitcoin

36% BTC
    23% ETH
    11% Ripple
    10% NEO

Also have 20% invested in Tesla stock. I know it's not crypto, but it's the next most disruptive investment after blockchain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Bitcoin wrote: »
    36% BTC
    23% ETH
    11% Ripple
    10% NEO

Also have 20% invested in Tesla stock. I know it's not crypto, but it's the next most disruptive investment after blockchain.

Tesla is already massively overpriced are losing hundreds of millions of dollars a year and has never made a profit. They would've failed years ago without the endless government free loans and subsidies they receive.

Anyway, I'm holding Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash (free), Ethereum, Litecoin and small holdings in a bunch of other smaller coins.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Just NEM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

wait i just realized this should be a 'HODL' thread instead of 'hold' :P

NEO
    BTC
    ETH
    DASH
    OMG
    LINK
    GAS
    BLOCK
    MBRS
    ZRX
    FCT
    NEM

These are the hodl coins, other smaller/ico coins are mostly for short-mid term holds are not posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Bitcoin

el diablo wrote: »
    Bitcoin wrote: »
    36% BTC
    23% ETH
    11% Ripple
    10% NEO

Tesla is already massively overpriced are losing hundreds of millions of dollars a year and has never made a profit.  They would've failed years ago without the endless government free loans and subsidies they receive.

Anyway, I'm holding Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash (free), Ethereum, Litecoin and small holdings in a bunch of other smaller coins.
    If anything, Tesla is hugely undervalued. Sure it's losing money now, but they are still basically in ramp up mode. As the costs to build up their capacity eventually tail off, you're going to be left with a company that sells cars with a much higher ASP then their competitors that are in huge demand. Not to forget there is lots of proven technology that has been built out with the promise of lots more to come. Just look at the Tesla Semi leak - you have another leg to this business that is likely to see roll out when Model 3 establishes itself.
    In the event Tesla does go into trouble you have the backstop of it being acquired. Google nearly bought it previously and would be a likely suitor should it come available. The company is much more established and proven now so its very possible that the likes of Apple or even one of the other automakers would swoop in to buy up the Tesla technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

crowseye wrote: »
    Check out SALT, decentralized lending, big backers like Erik Voorhees and Charlie Shrem. Make sure you do your own due diligence first though. Makes up a large portion of my portfolio at the moment. Metal is also one to look at in the upcoming months.

It's taking a real pasting at the moment. Any identifiable explanation(s) as to whats going on? I know people say not to buy "in the dip" but I'm very tempted to invest a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowseye

JaCrispy wrote: »
    It's taking a real pasting at the moment. Any identifiable explanation(s) as to whats going on? I know people say not to buy "in the dip" but I'm very tempted to invest a bit.

Lots of early investors who got it much cheaper than the current price taking profits it looks like. I'd say it'll find a floor around $3 at worst, haven't sold any of mine anyways waiting for platform release in November.

Also buying the dip is generally the time you should be buying and selling on a pump, however you shouldn't catch a falling knife either so best wait until it finds a floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

BTC 50%
    Ripple 5%
    Dash 5% soon to be dumped !
    Lite 10%
    Ether 25%
    Hazza 5% (my punt - Octo3 are very strong team and white paper very promising)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Ive ...a few quid... stuck in an exchange since before the fork. I had anticipated things going south immediately afterwards but its the inverse that happened. Ive never thought it savvy to have cash at the mercy of an exchange. However - Im also uncomfortable at buying in to btc at this level. Its not that I dont believe that btc can keep going - just that I dont believe that it wont take a major dip beforeheand. Not sure what to do for right now though....

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭covfefe

99% BTC, since late 2014
    1% SNM, since a couple of months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Just sold all my Litecoin holdings (10%). Not liking the price trend. I think with the upcoming fork on Bitcoin, money is now flowing from Altcoins to BTC with the prospect of free money. After the fork I expect BTC to fall back and LTC to recover in which case I may look at it again. I've held my ETH for now as I think it's fork should help hold up the price. My other significant investment, NEO is a long term one for me so if it dips I may buy some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tuff1

It's interesting looking through this thread from 3 years ago and the bags that people were left with.

Most (but not all) of the coins outside the big names have faded away to oblivion only to be replaced by newcomers, and it's making me nervous when I look towards my mostly altcoin portfolio.

Currently I'm roughly looking at
    50% VET
    25% ETH
    15% ZIL
    5% BTC
    5% KNC

All looking like strong plays at the moment, but having first bought in 2018 still down around 30% overall, even with cost averaging back in along the way. And again, looking at the mixed fortunes of previous posters nothing can be certain in this game!

Interested to see where other people are at with it, and if anyone got stuck with anything from the early days or if people managed to get out in time with smart moves to other coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

BTC
    ETH
    XRP
    LTC
    ADA
    NEO
    GAS
    LINK
    XLM
    DGB
    ZIL
    DOGE
    WRX

FCUK I need help...!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

SLT
    SHX
    DOGE
    ADA
    SOL
    KIN
    BAT
    BTC
    ETH
    TUBE
    XLM
    BNB
    LTC
    ZIL

Think im done now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Link purchased at 1.50 and had a load more purchased at .50 but sold it...:mad:
    Siacoin.
    Drep.
    Zil.

I still hate myself over the Link though..

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

BTC
    XRP
    LTC
    XMR
    XLM
    EOS
    ADA
    XTZ
    ETH using XBTE Ether Tracker One (EUR)

Advertisement