Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Returned parcel using anpost standard post to spain...2 weeks and they haven't got it

• 04-06-2020 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi guys, So I made a huge mistake here and Im kinda worried that I may have lost my package. I returned an item to amazon eu which is located in Spain and its been 2 weeks now and they still haven't got the package. So i bought this item from amazon.es and because of that I had to pay for my own postage when returning and me being a fool went for the standard post option which don't have any tracking. I'm just wondering has anyone here have send a parcel to any countries using an post standard delivery and how long does it normally take for them to get it? Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭yer man!

Yeah I have stuff sent to me in The Netherlands from Ireland using regular post and some of the stuff has taken up to three weeks to arrive. It will get there eventually. Most likely got routed to an incorrect country and is making it's way back to the correct one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Karan1

Cheers for the reply man....i really hope amazon gets it because the item was 600 euro and i was an idiot for not sending through a courier with tracking

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

The package was probably sitting at Dublin airport for a few days, then another few days delay in Spain. There are major delays everywhere.

True Im really hoping that as well

• Registered Users Posts: 18,855 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Karan1 wrote: »
    Hi guys, So I made a huge mistake here and Im kinda worried that I may have lost my package. I returned an item to amazon eu which is located in Spain and its been 2 weeks now and they still haven't got the package. So i bought this item from amazon.es and because of that I had to pay for my own postage when returning and me being a fool went for the standard post option which don't have any tracking. I'm just wondering has anyone here have send a parcel to any countries using an post standard delivery and how long does it normally take for them to get it? Thank you

Did you an parcel forwarding company or get it directly posted to you?

• Advertisement

I didn't get what you mean sorry

I didn't get what you mean sorry

If it was posted directly to you Amazon.es should have sent you a return label to use. Did you use a virtual Spanish address and get it forwarded to Ireland?

It's not going to help you but it would make me consider using the EU sites if they won't do returns correctly.

So they gave me a return label and all but I thought we have to pay for our own returns....but I didn't know they were going to refund me and thats why I went with the standard post but I made a big mistake. I think I'm going to regret this foolish mistake

So they gave me a return label and all but I thought we have to pay for our own returns....but I didn't know they were going to refund me and thats why I went with the standard post but I made a big mistake. I think I'm going to regret this foolish mistake

I wouldn't worry yet. All post is delayed so it could turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Ireland - Spain currently takes 3-4 weeks based on the parcels i got from down there.

/M

• Advertisement

ya man hopefully because i called them today and they still haven't got it...its been 3 weeks now.....is there any chance of people stealing your parcels because there is no tracking number?

Advertisement