Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insect repellant of choice

• 01-06-2020 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

Hi All

What is the best repellent you can recommend.
    Was out this morning but had to stop after 9 holes, the flies ruined the round for me attacking my ears and persistently at me.
    Made it impossible to concentrate on my shots.

I had some boots stuff but it didnt seem to deter them, need something borderline illegal i think!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Jungle Formula with 50% DEET... you will not get a single bite with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Anything with a good portion of DEET in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭willabur

DEET is nasty stuff lads, unless you are getting absolutely rode then I'd take the bites

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭carq

Its not the bites im worried about, its the buzzing and attacking my ears as i'm trying to drive.
    These are nasty agressive lakeside yokes, not your regular flies.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,849 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

carq wrote: »
    Its not the bites im worried about, its the buzzing and attacking my ears as i'm trying to drive.
    These are nasty agressive lakeside yokes, not your regular flies.

Then you need a hat with corks hanging off or get a insect head net.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

willabur wrote: »
    DEET is nasty stuff lads, unless you are getting absolutely rode then I'd take the bites

We had American friends over last year and one nearly had a meltdown when I produced a Jungle Formula spray, she said that DEET was really dangerous. Reading up on it there's a lot of negativity towards but no evidence that it is dangerous. I doubt the EU would allow it to be sold if there were any question mark's about it's safety. There are a lot of things available OTC in the States that are hard to get here with or without prescriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

100 mls of Almond oil with 3 or 4 few drops of Tea tree oil in a small spray bottle. Does the trick.

Advertisement