Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stargirl WB DC [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

so luke wilson just happened to bump into and marry his old friends hookup?

Nah, too much of a coincidence, it's a red herring

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Yeah, he keeps saying Starman wasn't her Dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Very good third episode. The school stuff was not working at first but the bloody conclusion made up for it. The creation of the Justice Society already feels more organic than the cretion of the Justice Society in the DC movies.
    Stargirl outfit does look very bad and doesnt disguise her identity at all biut Im willing to overlook that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I guess they never cast Alan Scott when they were using an Alex Ross picture for him.

That was a really good episode.
    Was thinking, cool so Magician's kid is going to join them. Nope. Oh Maybe Magician will join them to get back at Icicle. Nope.

I've seen very little of the promos so look forward to seeing where it goes from here. How she recruits, I don't know. She doesn't exactly have a load of people to choose from. Of course the only people she knows will conveniently be perfect for the roles.

And yeah, wouldn't say it'll be hard to put 2 and 2 together to find the 5' 2" blonde new girl

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Nah, too much of a coincidence, it's a red herring
    is there some memory wipe thing going on with more then one character... the other person wearing stripes?

• Advertisement

is there some memory wipe thing going on with more then one character... the other person wearing stripes?

What other person wearing stripes? The whole Starman being her Dad is just a plot device. It's too much of a coincidence that Pat met Starmans ex wife. There will probably be a big reveal of who her father really is

What other person wearing stripes? The whole Starman being her Dad is just a plot device. It's too much of a coincidence that Pat met Starmans ex wife. There will probably be a big reveal of who her father really is

near end of ep 2...

near end of ep 2...

Flicked through last ten minutes and couldn't see another person in stripes. Was it a photo or an actual person and if so any description of what scene they are in would help

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Episode 3 was dark. Yikes.

Flicked through last ten minutes and couldn't see another person in stripes. Was it a photo or an actual person and if so any description of what scene they are in would help

uh at 31 minutes blindingly obvious

• Advertisement

uh at 31 minutes blindingly obvious

Oh Denise Zarrick, as in William Zarricks (The Magician) wife. Yeah I don't think she had a memory wipe. There is definitely something wrong with the town though.

Oh Denise Zarrick, as in William Zarricks (The Magician) wife. Yeah I don't think she had a memory wipe. There is definitely something wrong with the town though.
    this jumper isn't an accident
    latest?cb=20200527080436
    she seems to partially recognize Pat.... we'll see what happens now after ep 3

I just assumed she found him attractive

CastorTroy wrote: »

Same, didn't think anything odd from her

The first time I saw her was in the bed and thought it was Molly Parker from Deadwood.

3: Good episode. Had some real hearty moments building up the Hero origin vibe but then it got dark and glum and I kinda left it to that as the ending. Kinda something to show that becoming the Hero is gonna take time. Then that bit right at the end! Yeah that was cool and the tune!

TUNE!

she's wearing stripes!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I wouldn't assume it means anything but she was wearing stripes in ep 3 as well. Less obvious stripes but the t-shirt under her shirt is striped.

Good introduction to
    Wildcat
    . Still think Courtney is too naive in what being a superhero involves.

Think they kind of addressed that with the reaction to saying she was only doing it a week.

Courtney must've ye
    lled Yolanda's name loud enough to travel down 7 storeys. Very discrete.

• Advertisement

Fun shows. The costume looks dumb but still have soome charm to them. God they really hated the magician and his family!

Think they kind of addressed that with the reaction to saying she was only doing it a week.

Courtney must've ye
    lled Yolanda's name loud enough to travel down 7 storeys. Very discrete.

does that girl (the daughter of the doctor) have some sort of special ability?

it was just bit peculiar how they transitioned to her seeing and hearing Yolanda's name.

does that girl (the daughter of the doctor) have some sort of special ability?

Doubt it but should find out next episode

4: Wow! Strong intro for a new character! I was like.. Yes! Her! In!
    Guessing yer wan from school who heard the name being called is also gonna join the group.

Then that ending!
    So dark for the show! Brought a more ominous feel to the baddies.

I keep forgetting the old Justice Society isn't that old in this series.
    I kept wondering where did Midnite's goggles get the info from way back then.
    Of course they'll be handy for exposition going forward. But can they identify the ISA members?

Good fifth episode. Hopefully they move away from each episode involving recruiting a new member and they revealing very little on what the villains are up to. That has to rank amongst the weakest superhero power I've ever seen.

Good fifth episode. Hopefully they move away from each episode involving recruiting a new member and they revealing very little on what the villains are up to. That has to rank amongst the weakest superhero power I've ever seen.

They have a full team, so we should be focusing on Injustice Society now. I know 2 future episodes are named after a new villain

Which power? Hourman's?

5: Good episode. At the start I was thinking how the show was reminding me of the Shazam! universe and then it did even more so as this episode went on.

Cool intro of a new character I though.

It wasn't lost on me that they used the Birds of Prey song either!

Also! :eek:
    Slydice wrote: »
    Then the ending.
    Who's in the cage!

In relation to who was in the
    cage, it was Solomon Grundy

Something's happened there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,244 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Agreed - plodding along a bit slowly for a new show

And the outfit needs some updating - looks less like a superhero outfit and more like a cheerleader (these days)

(be great if Green Lantern comes into it)

Advertisement