Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snell golf balls

• 30-05-2020 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

Anyone played them? Have a few dozen mbt black and loving the ball..., was a pro.v1 player but was put onto them by a mate and honestly couldn’t feel a difference from pro v1..

Fraction of the cost but only direct to consumer

Apparently he was the designer of the pro v1 for Titleist.,.,.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Interested to hear opinions. These balls and vice are often mentioned together.

I have found the vice balls on course and they have a weird look to them. Always put me off

Seed is a comparable. But the cheap seed is an awful ball

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Interested to hear opinions. These balls and vice are often mentioned together.

I have found the vice balls on course and they have a weird look to them. Always put me off

Seed is a comparable. But the cheap seed is an awful ball

I have to say I liked it, mbt black so the comparable ball to pro v1.,. Long off the tee and was getting some nice action on wedges.,. Putting I liked.

They are 30 bills a dozen which is slightly dearer than Seed 1, 2 or 5 ??

Seed 1 is the pro v1 equivalent. They are 35 a dozen. Same principle but an Irish company

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

gypsy79 wrote: »
    They are 30 bills a dozen which is slightly dearer than Seed 1, 2 or 5 ??

Seed 1 is the pro v1 equivalent. They are 35 a dozen. Same principle but an Irish company

Seed have put up price of premium balls from 25 euro to 35 euro a big increase and not as good value now compared to Pro v 1s..I think they've made a boo boo

Sorry that was a typo....still 25

• Advertisement

Oh and I went to their website. They have increased to 35. That just wont work!!

Removing P&P for over 50 euro but still. I buy two dozen balls whn I buy. Will steer clear

Their website is a mess.....they are still 25 in some places on their site

Ominous

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I've heard good things about them, but moved to the Seed SD-01 a few years back and love them. My home club is a links course, and I love the feel of the ball on chip and pitch shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Just bought 6 dozen of the mtb x, it was the best ball on test in the my golf spy test last year.
    Played a dozen of them over the winter and found the great.
    Have used the vice and the seed in the past and the vice I found short of the tee the seed I found great in the summer but winter just not great in colder weather it didn't go anywhere.
    https://mygolfspy.com/most-wanted-golf-ball/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭willabur

I'm playing snell mtb-x at the moment. They look great, love the font with black and red. Very much a titleist style.
    It's great of the tee and in general it's a nice ball to strike. My only complaint is that it seems to skip forward on greens. I've hit good shots to greens which have landed on the short side but have skipped forward alot more than you would expect. This was back in the middle of winter. Will be interesting next week when I can get back playing to see how it performs in the warmer weather

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭carq

Look to be completely out of stock at the moment
    As someone who typically raids Sports direct for golf balls and uses Dunlop / Slazenger balls - would i notice much difference with balls like snell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

carq wrote: »
    Look to be completely out of stock at the moment
    As someone who typically raids Sports direct for golf balls and uses Dunlop / Slazenger balls - would i notice much difference with balls like snell?

Generally the most expensive balls u need to be hitting them hard to get the most out of them.
    Snell have a cheaper ball haven't really looked into it though.

Loads of great reviews if you do some googling about what the best ball 8s for your handicap

Having done same with sportsdirect. I found Slazenger’s awful. Dunlop ok and I did like the yellow ones.

But the taylormades that are a couple quid extra are worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

mike12 wrote: »
    Generally the most expensive balls u need to be hitting them hard to get the most out of them.
    Snell have a cheaper ball haven't really looked into it though.

Loads of great reviews if you do some googling about what the best ball 8s for your handicap

Swing speed probably more important than handicap. Agree with you,if you look at the Snell for slower swing speed(85mph on the mygolfspy test) both the MTB-Black or MTB-X perform pretty average to poor. Not big differences in any ball at a slower swing speed.

It's performs great at the higher swing speed of 115mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

Anyone used Cut golf balls? £20 a dozen on their website for the 4 piece urethane.

I used Seed but the price has jumped quite a bit recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

davegilly wrote: »
    Anyone used Cut golf balls? £20 a dozen on their website for the 4 piece urethane.

I used Seed but the price has jumped quite a bit recently.

TXG on Youtube done alot of videos with them. Big differences in spin between models, more so than any other ball. Durability seemed an issue though.

Advertisement