Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brendan Bowyer RIP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A bit before my time and certainly not of my musical culture but yes a legend in his own lifetime. Of course in normal circumstances there would surely be a bit of a hoolie for him somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

One of the good ones. Rip

• Registered Users Posts: 37,760 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Was it 2005 or 2011 Tall Ships he played ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Was it 2005 or 2011 Tall Ships he played ???

2005 I WAS THERE WITH THE MRS GREAT NIGHT GREAT BAND GREAT SINGER RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Never realised he was so big outside of Ireland that in the 1970’s he performed in Las Vegas and actually relocated there permanently.

If he was a Dub there would be more recognition of this.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

BBM77 wrote: »
    Never realised he was so big outside of Ireland that in the 1970’s he performed in Las Vegas and actually relocated there permanently.

If he was a Dub there would be more recognition of this.

RIP

Yee cant help the "victim mentality" there , can yee ? :rolleyes:

A big loss to his family, im sure. r.i.p

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

greenspurs wrote: »
    Yee cant help the "victim mentality" there , can yee ? :rolleyes:

A big loss to his family, im sure. r.i.p

Compare the coverage and documentaries Jerry Ryan and Brendan Grace got for example when they died. Both only known in Ireland compared to the international success of Brendan Bowyer. So, it is not victim mentality it is a fact with something to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I agree had he been from dublin we would never have heard the end of it

Come on RTÉ where is the special tribute

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭bullpost

Ah I dunno. I've seen a fair bit of coverage including a great photo on the front of Irish Times.

His heyday was in the 60s which is a long time ago and he has lived outside of Ireland for decades also.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Anyone remember the night Podge and Rodge had him on?
    Really it was to get to Twink who they had a major axe to grind with.
    They said there was you and six other fellas in the band and you were touring with twink in Vegas.....ye must have been exhausted. he just kept his cool and didnt answer. True sign of a gentleman instead of spilling the beans on Twink and what an awful Diva she was.

• Advertisement
Advertisement