Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

COD WW2 Free on PSN

• 26-05-2020 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

In case anyone is unaware, COD WW2 is currently free on the PlayStation network at the moment. This includes Zombies & Multiplayer.

EDIT: PS+ Only

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭LAZYIRISH

Doff wrote: »
    In case anyone is unaware, COD WW2 is currently free on the PlayStation network at the moment. This includes Zombies & Multiplayer.

It's full price on mine , is this offer over?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

LAZYIRISH wrote: »

Just starting,hold tough

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Greyian

LAZYIRISH wrote: »

Have you got PS Plus? Seems to only be free for Plus users.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Greyian wrote: »
    Have you got PS Plus? Seems to only be free for Plus users.

Just included that in the original post, yes you need PS+. You can get a free trial and download it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm done with Modern Warfare, because they only seem to be focusing on improving Warzone. So I was thinking of downloading this, but I didn't like it the first time around, so I went googling.

According to gamestat, there are still 24 million people playing Advanced Warfare on PS4, 34 million playing Infinite Warfare, and 72 million playing BlOps 3. Seems people are also sick of the same ole and are still playing the future ones.

For fairness sake, all PS4;

WWII: 35 million
    MW 2019: 48 million
    MWR: 24 million
    BlOps 4: 30 million

Anyone playing any of these and confirm if they're a hackfest or not? Preferably Infinite or BlOps 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think those numbers are an estimate of the number of people who have played it and the relevant number is the MAU, (monthly active users)
    I got very excited for a moment as the MAU for MW2 is 360K but then realised they're all playing the remaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, it's not very accurate, but gives general idea i suppose. Gonna down BlOps 3 and see. Pain in the ring to download it. Doesn't show in the library on console, or in the store on console or app/online. Have to sign in on the app, go to the store, go to your download list, and search for it page by page because the order is random, and if you had a lot of PS3 games they show too, and no way to filter. Found different dlcs for it on different pages too... crazy system.

Edit: see what you mean now. 1.1 million monthly active users on BlOps 3, second to MW 2019 which is at 6 million. I'll give it a go anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭Damien360

Anyone figure out Warzone ? Joined a match, parachute in and generally get picked off in the air. End up in Gulag. Loose in there and you spend an age spectating, watching players collect ****e. Gave it 2 hours but it seems to be the same with an awful lot of snipers.

COD on the other hand is same old thing. Very small rotation of maps. And how in gods name do you mute en masse. The kids who spend their time talking about nothing regardless of language is doing my nut in.

Both games on the edge of deletion.

if you get knocked out of Warzone you just quit not spectate randoms
    pro tip

• Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Homelander

Damien360 wrote: »

COD on the other hand is same old thing. Very small rotation of maps. And how in gods name do you mute en masse. The kids who spend their time talking about nothing regardless of language is doing my nut in.

Both games on the edge of deletion.

Honestly I think MW2019 is the best COD in a really, really long time.

There's a good mix of map types and loads of game modes to chose from, personally I play everything except team deathmatch which is a terrible camp/get-shot-in-back simulator. (nothing new there)

Hardpoint and Domination in particular are well worth playing, I find the objective game modes are just so much better.

Ground War is also worth a peek, like a simplified version of Battlefield - bigger maps, few vehicles, bigger teams. I like to mix it up every now and again between normal Core and Ground War.

I won't pretend Warzone is bad or anything but I'm not a big fan of it either. There are other better BR games out there like PUBG or Apex Legends (also free).

Audio wise, just set it to automatically mute your team, it's in the options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I'm really enjoying Warzone personally...its a great game which is completely free...You dont even need PS + to play online. Getting a lot of value out of it and can definitely see myself improving. The first few days I wasn't getting any kills at all

I do find it triggers me. Yesterday got on and got killed (outplayed), killed in the gulag (meh 50/50), killed running for a second loadout after being bought back in (shot in the back), killed in the next game (outplayed or just bad play by me)
    Then in the gulag I stunned the guy, rushed turned the corner and he beamed me from the far end of the hall. 0-5 in the space of 20 minutes
    Couldn't handle it.
    I can play for hours on end over a weekend but logging on after work when I'm already in bad form is not good for my mental health.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I do find it triggers me. Yesterday got on and got killed (outplayed), killed in the gulag (meh 50/50), killed running for a second loadout after being bought back in (shot in the back), killed in the next game (outplayed or just bad play by me)
    Then in the gulag I stunned the guy, rushed turned the corner and he beamed me from the far end of the hall. 0-5 in the space of 20 minutes
    Couldn't handle it.
    I can play for hours on end over a weekend but logging on after work when I'm already in bad form is not good for my mental health.

The automatic guns really ruined gulag for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

A bit of a long shot, but after getting really into WW2 the last couple of weeks thanks to lockdown, I’m wondering does anyone happen to know of cheaper ways to get the Season Pass for the DLC maps?

I actually have it myself but one of my friends I play with doesn’t and we can’t match up in the same lobbies obviously for new maps. He’s reluctant to pay the 50 euro as the DLC maps don’t appear to come up too regularly in circulation.

Advertisement