Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locking in the good parts of lockdown to fight Climate Change.

• 07-05-2020 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Like working from home and travel restrictions. The travel restrictions in particular have been great, I think they should stay in place, in addition city and town centre car bans will be most welcome. I am so happy that Eamonn will get to turn Green ideas into green reality, I anticipate that his achievements will be amazing. Going forward after lockdown could have like a Green year zero. This Opportunity is too good to miss guys. A lot done, more to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

I was just talking to an activist mate of mine there. Extinction rebellion is going to push to keep the good parts of the lockdown. Watch this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Certain places people shouldn't be and would be nice for nature to take back....

Seeing a lot more deer on the N11 too....

More so when was quieter but still more then at previous normal times....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Paddygreen wrote: »
    Like working from home and travel restrictions. The travel restrictions in particular have been great, I think they should stay in place, in addition city and town centre car bans will be most welcome. I am so happy that Eamonn will get to turn Green ideas into green reality, I anticipate that his achievements will be amazing. Going forward after lockdown could have like a Green year zero. This Opportunity is too good to miss guys. A lot done, more to do.

Tell me, is your contract with Boards or Journal.ie?

Asking for a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

The greens should be boiled in rapeseed oil. Evil bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Isn't there a possibility of even more pollution when travel restrictions are lifted? Fewer people willing to car share or use public transport due to fear of infection will surely lead to more vehicles on the road even allowing for increased numbers of us working from home.

• Advertisement

Tell me, is your contract with Boards or Journal.ie?

Asking for a friend.

I am a grassroots activist.

i work for Mother Earth, I am a grassroots activist.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Traffic will be a nightmare

i work for Mother Earth, I am a grassroots activist.

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time. For ya'll have knocked her up. I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe. I was not offended, for I knew I had to rise above it all or drown in my own sh1t.

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time. For ya'll have knocked her up. I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe. I was not offended, for I knew I had to rise above it all or drown in my own sh1t.

Huh? Which chapter of XR are you with? I haven’t heard that slogan before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

The greens should be boiled in rapeseed oil. Evil bastards.

Why? Unless you don't believe the climate change argument, or are opposed to the Greens because as a farmer you disagree with some of their policies.

I just don't think the way we did things in the past should be the way we do them in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

Traffic will be a nightmare

Why? Because people won't travel on public transport, but in their cars?

Where would they even park?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Like working from home and travel restrictions. The travel restrictions in particular have been great, I think they should stay in place

So, people should be restricted from seeing family indefinitely?

Yeah, that one sounds reasonable and practicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,131 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I was just talking to an activist mate of mine there. Extinction rebellion is going to push to keep the good parts of the lockdown. Watch this space.

Ah fcuk. I had completely forgotten those asshats existed.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Ah fcuk. I had completely forgotten those asshats existed.

We haven’t gone away. We just paused to survey the metaphorical battlefield. Armed with Greta’s message we will win the war on Climate Change.

So, people should be restricted from seeing family indefinitely?

Yeah, that one sounds reasonable and practicable.

Catch a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Catch a bus.

The restrictions, as they are, don't permit to go outside of 5km, then subsequently 20km regardless of mode of transport.

It's fine for me. I use the train. I don't have a car because I dont need one. But not everyone lives close to a bus stop or train station. You're not going to get much public buy-in with measures that are so restrictive for the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,837 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Cal4567 wrote: »
    Why? Because people won't travel on public transport, but in their cars?

Where would they even park?

I wont be getting on a bus. Drive and park in the car parks.

Cycling infrastructure needs to change

Paddy Green is the best troll account in a good while..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Could Green Derangement Syndrome be a real thing?

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    Could Green Derangement Syndrome be a real thing?

How is wanting to save the planet deranged? When I was a young activist I remember thinking that all the new Mary Jane contacts I was making in the scene was the best thing about it. I’d show up to the odd protest and toke a jig jag . Now I am totally in it for the planet, I have even superglued myself to stuff.

How is wanting to save the planet deranged? When I was a young activist I remember thinking that all the new Mary Jane contacts I was making in the scene was the best thing about it. I’d show up to the odd protest and toke a jig jag . Now I am totally in it for the planet, I have even superglued myself to stuff.

You wouldn't last five minutes undercover.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,872 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

You wouldn't last five minutes undercover.

He made 13 minutes wit hthat post to be fair.

Supergluing yourself to yourself doesn't count.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

He made 13 minutes wit hthat post to be fair.

Supergluing yourself to yourself doesn't count.

I superglued myself to a government department.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

"Climate change" is a debated political statement so no, it cannot go on death certificates.

Like we should not add "mass immigration" to death certificates for people killed by immigrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,560 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

The OP takes the piss and makes us people who care for green issues look bad. Can someone ban the gobsh*te?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,822 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Corona shows up how there can be other priorities where a good economy is essential to solving the problem and not putting all ones eggs in one basket using a doomer mindset. Nobody is going argue against having clean air, clean water and habitable environments. Innovation is heading in the direction of decorbonising but its going to be Gen IV nuclear not windmills everywhere

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭quokula

CQD wrote: »
    Paddy Green is the best troll account in a good while..

It's amazing that some people are so determined to be offended that they can't see it.

• Advertisement

quokula wrote: »
    It's amazing that some people are so determined to be offended that they can't see it.

I'm kind of sorry I blew his cover TBH..

Advertisement