Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TV Box for french and German TV Where to buy??

• 23-05-2020 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Does anyone know where i can get a TV box to get German and French TV in Waterford, I have a satellite dish but id rather buy a box for sitting room to plug into internet, i know it can be done but does anybody know where i can get one in Waterford, or is this a look on Amazon job???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Try https://www.smarttvbox.ie/

They're based out in Ardkeen. My parents just recently picked up a unit from them and seems to be a good few German and French channels available.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

xFROSTY Gx wrote: »
    Try https://www.smarttvbox.ie/

They're based out in Ardkeen. My parents just recently picked up a unit from them and seems to be a good few German and French channels available.

ask around, there might be cheaper options, and you mightnt even need a device for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

At moment I have about 10 German Channels but want french too, the kids are at a good age to listen to that and with TV its handy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭914

You can pick up an android box online and get an IPTV subscription. Have a look on Twitter or google iptv subscriptions.

914 wrote: »
    You can pick up an android box online and get an IPTV subscription. Have a look on Twitter or google iptv subscriptions.

I was looking on Amazon and saw a few android boxes for like 30 pound, I don't was to have to subscribe to anything as i currently have a satellite dish giving me free to air German TV, but i reckon there should be an alternative that uses internet to get Free to Air German and French TV??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Those cheap android boxes are horrible to use.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Those cheap android boxes are horrible to use.

Can you expand on what you mean by horrible to use??

If they get me German and French TV i couldn't give a flahoola!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Not user friendly at all when using a remote control and slow. You get what you pay for I suppose. A swiss Zattoo account is what you want if you wish to view German and French channels for free.

Not user friendly at all when using a remote control and slow. You get what you pay for I suppose. A swiss Zattoo account is what you want if you wish to view German and French channels for free.[/QUOTE

Zatoo??

Cheers

Not user friendly at all when using a remote control and slow. You get what you pay for I suppose. A swiss Zattoo account is what you want if you wish to view German and French channels for free.[/QUOTE

Zatoo??

Cheers

Not available in our country it says

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I'd imagine there's plenty of iptv packages out there for continental channels

Advertisement