Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MineCraft Dungeons

• 25-05-2020 7:04pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone planing on getting this tomorrow? thinking of getting it on ps4 if anyone wants to do some co-op.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No plans but it looks good.... And I'm expecting amazing reviews tomorrow that will change my mind about it.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No plans but it looks good.... And I'm expecting amazing reviews tomorrow that will change my mind about it.

A few places have reviews up already. Seeing as it's on game pass I'll give it a look.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hahaha gamestop are selling it for 69.99, its only 19.99 on the various stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hahaha gamestop are selling it for 69.99, its only 19.99 on the various stores?

20 on their website, 29 for some special edition.

whoa 70 for the physical editon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I feel that this is what game pass is best for, games that you want to try it not commit to buy. I doubt there's much depth involved here but it looks a bit of fun, I'll give it a go on coop with the kids, they love MC but have never played a rogue like crawler and I believe that's precisely the kind of player it's aimed at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

I feel that this is what game pass is best for, games that you want to try it not commit to buy. I doubt there's much depth involved here but it looks a bit of fun, I'll give it a go on coop with the kids, they love MC but have never played a rogue like crawler and I believe that's precisely the kind of player it's aimed at.

I dunno what it is but i just cant get into any of the games on gamepass, its nothing to do with the quality just me :o I find myself downloading a game playing it for 5 minutes and then uninstalling it. Too much warzone maybe!

Last game i finished was called Stix - it was free on games with gold, great game.

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    I dunno what it is but i just cant get into any of the games on gamepass, its nothing to do with the quality just me :o I find myself downloading a game playing it for 5 minutes and then uninstalling it. Too much warzone maybe!

Last game i finished was called Stix - it was free on games with gold, great game.

There's not a whole tonne on there I'm big on either, but I did only pay €1 sign up and it's 3.99 p.m after PC only GP], so even if I only play like I'm renting games to try, it's worth it. Atm I do have downloaded all of the ones I am interested in and will play: Forza H4, Ori and the will of the whisps, The outer worlds, Metro Exodus and also just mucking about on a Mountain bike downhill race called Descenders, I have downloaded Gears Tactics but have yet to try. Out of those Forza definitely gets the most play

I don't mind paying for games I know I will get some better value from, I see GP as kinda what I described, like a game rental site. You never own the game, but you're never intending playing for very long anyway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Played a couple of hours there on game pass for PC.
    As someone who plays a lot of arpgs i think i have enough of it already, its simplistic and very shallow.
    Its like a tutorial to the real deal arpg games.

Dcully wrote: »
    Played a couple of hours there on game pass for PC.
    As someone who plays a lot of arpgs i think i have enough of it already, its simplistic and very shallow.
    Its like a tutorial to the real deal arpg games.

That's what I expected an' all, definitely not one I'd buy - again, this is where game pass kicks in, it's handy for this kind of thing.

Yeah I'm about half way through I'd say, doesn't look to be overly long but finding the levels themselves overly long and boring really. Having played the levels once I've no desire to go back through them even on higher difficulty for better gear, which there doesn't seem to be a massive pool of.

For me the best thing about it is the music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Playing it with my two kids (9 and 5) - ideal for that / introducing kids to roguelikes

Available as part of my Gamepass sub

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It doesn't have any kind of match making?

It doesn't have any kind of match making?

No they mentioned that before launch. Bit silly really. You can just join friends.

Finding the drop rates for arrows miserly in later levels.

Enfilade wrote: »
    No they mentioned that before launch. Bit silly really. You can just join friends.

Finding the drop rates for arrows miserly in later levels.

Well that's put me right off anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Good old Game Pass resulting in not needing to pay money for this.

Although I'm finding the fact that moving and attacking are both on Mouse1 to be incredibly infuriating. Too many times I've tried to chain attacks into enemies, and instead my character interprets it as "run into the middle of those five Creepers". Why we can't move with WASD like how controller players can move with Left Stick...

I finished it and moved on to the next difficulty setting and this is an amateur hour dungeon crawler. Gear drops are very low , the currency is useless, you have to break down gear to recover upgrade points only to discover that the new item is ****e.

And they made arrows a drop so you you need to think about playing ranged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭donaghs

Chat feature doesn’t seem great for online multiplayer. Anyone any recommendations here? Especially for kids to chat to each other securely.

donaghs wrote: »
    Chat feature doesn’t seem great for online multiplayer. Anyone any recommendations here? Especially for kids to chat to each other securely.

What platform? On both xbox and ps you have party chat independent of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Played this last night for the first time, with my 8 year old on PS4 couch co-op. My favorite genre of games, and he is loving it too, first time playing something like this. Perfect for first entry in dungeon crawlers.
    I had also read that the 2nd player's progress/character wont be saved in couch co-op, so was delighted to see thats not true and we could continue where we left off.

Main issues so far.
    The game has crashed twice in the middle of missions. Once in a really busy fight scene, the other in a quiet area just checking our inventories. Have to start the mission all over again, but you do keep experience and items picked up before the crash.
    There are often glitches on the screen, like black bar down 1 side, or something on the screen just going weird. But that goes away.

Would also like to be able to transfer items between players.

Overall good fun for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I really don't understand the difficulty spike in the last level. All the other levels were straight forward except this one. I've gotten to the boss once but with only one life left. I got destroyed instantly. I'm level 26 I think.

• Advertisement

I really don't understand the difficulty spike in the last level. All the other levels were straight forward except this one. I've gotten to the boss once but with only one life left. I got destroyed instantly. I'm level 26 I think.

Level isn't really a factor, it's gear score in spite of the difficulty selected at times the stuff that drops won't be much higher than what you have equipped so you have to constantly equip the highest scoring stuff to progress that.

I don't like the system at all.

I've done OK from equipping crap high score stuff and then taking my chances with the traders for something good around that score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Not at all happy right now.
    Me and my son have been playing this on PS4 the past few months and as recently as last weekend got our characters up to level 69.
    My P1 account has PS Plus, the P2 account does not, and hasnt been a problem.
    P1 and P2 did not have access to each others characters which was fine.

But now they released the cross platform update last tuesday and seem to have broken local co-op.

If I start the game on my P1 account then both P1 and P2 only have access to P1 characters.

If I start the game using P2 account then both P1 and P2 only have access to P2 characters.

Tried linking each account to a separate microsoft account to see if that might import the characters but no such luck.

No way of getting access to both set of characters anymore as before. Really sucks because it means either me or him will have to start again from level 1. Or else each play solo to advance our own characters.

Advertisement