Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Woods/Manning v Mickleson/Brady live on CNN

• 24-05-2020 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Just letting you know that the above golf match is currently being televised live and free on CNN.

Sky channel 506.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Not the best of standards so far, Manning and Brady a mile left and right on this hole, Phil in the bushes somewhere and Tiger straight down the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

And quite painful to watch with all the ads and appeals and sh1te talk and whatnot. Awful rain doesn't help especially the amateurs tbf. I don't think I will be able to stay with this all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Banner fights back

Loving Tiger's driving so far. Swinging refreshingly with great rhythm and not lashing it unlike Phil who is swinging it terribly. Far too steep, too narrow and just trying to hit the Hollywood shot all the time. I predict a 4&3 win for Tiger/Peyton.

Phil is all over the place. Very hard to keep any kind of good swing rhythm going in those conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Brady all over the shop.

• Advertisement

I'd love to know what the 2 amateurs are off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Brady 8.1
    Manning 6.4

Per google

• Registered Users Posts: 20,713 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Free on Virgin too lads 205.

I hate hate celebrity golf - but hey, a strange world.

Think Brady is off 8. I'd seriously question that. Sure he didn't know how to take a drop form the red stakes.

Well I'll be damned....he just holed out for eagle on the par 5. Lol

What a shot :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Brady has ripped a hole in the arse of his pants and no one has mentioned it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

I wish they'd mute Manning's mic, he's doing some ferocious heavy breathing.

They are not that clued into the social distancing versus ourselves ?

dropping 100 Ks - like smarties.

A lot more watchable than that rubbish last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Quite enjoyable, but Woods and Manning clearly the better 2, poor ould Phil carrying Brady, he was lucky to get that birdie but its a great game all in all for what it's worth but seriously Brady is quite ****e in general, Woods is playing very well and Manning for an amateur

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rossyd2005

Manning is a genuine single figure hc by the looks of this. Brady is like a nice looking girl on the streets of pattaya, looks the part but as soon as she starts swinging her club you know someones been telling lies

What a shot from Phil

What a shot from Phil

Needs to use it, Manning is really playing well though

What a beauty, go on Phil

And to be fair Brady putted well for once

Edit, Phil on the 12th what a beauty, but Tiger very good also, game on

• Advertisement

Brady doesn't even look off 12 - never mind 8 ?

Brady will be getting .1 after this.

On the way to 9 anyway - lol .

Jaysus - it looks like Ireland - and here looks like there.

The world is upside down.

To be fair weather is awful. If I had to play in that my game would probably go to sh1t too. Hate playing in the rain.

To be fair weather is awful.

Bigtime, lashing down

To be fair weather is awful. If I had to play in that my game would probably go to sh1t too. Hate playing in the rain.

In fairness - they are playing , rare you see that in US

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Didnt bother watching much of this. Watched a quick YouTube highlight clip this morning

They were saying Tiger hit 14/14 Fairways which is pretty damn impressive.

Also that hes lost a bunch of muscle bulk as hes spent most of the break playing tennis rather than golf.

Will be interesting to see how that impacts him when things get back competitive

He looked a bit weird as in he is still quite bulky upstairs but his calves looked super skinny. Maybe he was always like that. Phil made a joke about it even I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

It was a vast improvement over the first Tiger Phil match in 2018, primarily because the 2 amateurs were involved I reckon. Also helped they mixed up it a lot, like one hole on the front 9 was single club only and the back 9 was modified alternate shots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

I think Tiger can be as skinny as he likes if he keeps hitting it like he did last night. The whole match was actually entertaining to watch unlike last week.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1264741175128449029?s=20

Advertisement