Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miroku

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭paulireland

Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

I had a Miroku 7000 grade one years ago and like a tit i sold it. It was easily one of the best guns i ever owned. Always planned to pick up another one, just never came across one.

Good info-thanks guys.
    Just a thought-if I get a cheap and cheerful gun to get my cert I can always upgrade to a Miroku.Reason I say this is that should I be refused(cant think why I would) I could get my money refunded from the dealer.If I spend 2K+ on a Miroku he will want the full amount up front if it has to be ordered in
    Any thoughts
    Cheers as ever
    Paul

Good info-thanks guys.
    Just a thought-if I get a cheap and cheerful gun to get my cert I can always upgrade to a Miroku.Reason I say this is that should I be refused(cant think why I would) I could get my money refunded from the dealer.If I spend 2K+ on a Miroku he will want the full amount up front if it has to be ordered in
    Any thoughts
    Cheers as ever
    Paul

If you have all your ducks in a row, home security, club membership or land permissions, and you are not someone with a serious criminal record or history of mental illnesses, you won't be refused.

• Advertisement

Thanks
    Do I need one or two permissions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Good info-thanks guys.
    Any thoughts
    Cheers as ever
    Paul

Paul,
    If you want to shoot properly, you need to get a left handed gun or at the very least one that has a stock that can be adjusted to suit a lefty.

You will struggle to find a reasonably priced left hand O/U, if you can find one at all. However, Browning stocks from the factory are generally straight while Beretta stocks have a cast. So, a stock Browning mightn't be too bad.

Better again is the Browning Cynnergy Black Ice with a composite stock which has a selection of left, right, and straight Combs and a couple of recoil pad butt plate options to adjust the length. Fit the left hand comb and you have a slightly left handed gun with an annoying top lever .

However, a decent second one of those is going to be at between €1200 - €1900 secondhand and the same price as the Miroku new. Given that, they will hold their value and a few are usually on sale so trying one out is a possibility.

Like I said, when you can, do a trawl of the dealers and see what takes your fancy. If possible try to shoot a selection of different guns. People in clubs are usually happy to let somebody try a few shot with their guns.

Thanks
    Do I need one or two permissions?

You need a minimum of two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Thanks for that.I didn't realize the trap gun had a fixed aim point.
    Am also trying to get my head around chokes

Don’t wreck your head over chokes and all that craic.

If by “fixed aim point” you understand non adjustable sights that would be the case for most if not all sporting shotguns from a century old side by side game gun to a new trap gun.

A shotgun in most cases has a rib on top of the barrel and a bead at the muzzle that assists you with pointing the gun towards your target. Some guns require you to point the gun slightly under or over your target to have an optimal impact of the shot pattern and others require you to be exactly on the target.

On top of that different brands and weights and shot sizes in cartridges will pattern slightly to substantially differently.

The only way to conclusively figure out what a particular gun does in your hands is to check it out on a fixed target that allows you to see the spread of pellets at a fixed distance. The likes of a square meter sheet of cardboard ( a television box or the likes ) at 20 meter with a nice big dot in the middle to point at for example does the job nicely.

If you really want to be particular about it you could make a patterning plate.

Thanks again guys
    Reason for all my questions is that with the lockdown I cant talk to people in gunshops or the local firearms officer at the Garda station so I am winging it a bit
    Cheers
    Paul

• Advertisement

Had a look at that browning you mentioned.It is pretty pricey and not as nice looking as the Miroku

Had a look at that browning you mentioned.It is pretty pricey and not as nice looking as the Miroku

Its main benefit is the ability to adjust the stock. I have one and I'm happy with how I have adjusted it to fit me.

Age and wisdom have inexplicably altered my once svelte body profile :D

It's an "out of the box" option for a left-hander, reasonable available secondhand here and just as easily sold on again.

Hmmmmm-worth considering then

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

Rosahane wrote: »
    You need a minimum of two.

Do you need two permissions? I got a license with one 150+ acre permission

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Asus1

Thanks again guys
    Reason for all my questions is that with the lockdown I cant talk to people in gunshops or the local firearms officer at the Garda station so I am winging it a bit
    Cheers
    Paul

I think a good few shops are working with online deliveries so the lads will be in the shops to take any calls.Look on Facebook and from the ones I look at they are open for calls.

Cheers pigeonman

And Asus

Don't forget to browse the gunshops up north, you may find what you're looking for there.

https://gundeal.co.uk/home//3/40/DESC/date_submitted

https://gundeal.co.uk/quicksearch/miroku

will take a look

Nearest I came is Browning B725 Sporter II left hand.Pretty pricey tho

• Advertisement

Just a thought-do you need a separate ammo safe as well as a gun safe.Saw something about new EU regulations

Just a thought-do you need a separate ammo safe as well as a gun safe.Saw something about new EU regulations

I bought a small safe out of woodies or somewhere, less than 50 sheets, its as good as you need unless you are storing cartridges by the ten thousand.

Now that sound like a good idea

Well guys it looks like the MK38 sporting for me then as Miroku dont do left handed in this part of the world.
    Dismissed the trap version as its fixed chokes
    I can always get a left hand stock made if I need
    Os course I could be using totally absurd logic here

Have you considered the Benelli 828u ? The stock bolts up to the back of the action like a semi-auto. You can adjust for fit with shims.

Cheers tudderone
    Will take a look

Took a look.
    TGS review showed some problems like the trigger mechanism falling out etc-not so good
    Nice looking gun but pretty pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Hi OP, why Miroku if I may ask? Miroku are Browning really. Miroku actually make all of Brownings guns in Japan for Browning and then some of the higher grade Brownings are sent to Browning in Belgium for hand finishing but a new 525 Sporter One is essentially a new MK38. Both newer models are multichoke. Browning comes in a case and the Miroku comes in a cardboard box. Miroku are beautiful guns as are Browning, but functionality wise they are the same really.

As you move up the models of Browning you will find a comparable Miroku model. You will find it much much easier to find and buy a new Browning in the South compared to a Miroku. You may even have to import a Miroku because I dont really know any Miroku dealers. My club is in Leinster and Ardee Sports Company is where I buy alot of my guns/kit. They are a Browning stockist but they dont sell Miroku.

I bought a new 525 Sporter One this year from Ardee and I have the brochure in the house. In the Browning brochure there is a 2 page section for Miroku. Further shows just how in bed Browning are with Miroku. Outside of the name, you are buying the same guns.

One thing I do like about Miroku is they do a Teague Choke version and their guns are marginally cheaper than Browning.

• Advertisement

Hi ZiabR
    Yep I agree with all you are saying
    I just fancy the Miroku over the Browning and yes they are a bit cheaper
    The case is not really a problem as I will probably bye a gun slip to carry it plus there is something honest about a cardboard box :)
    A matter of personal taste I spose

Advertisement