Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rent Freeze / Increases

• 22-05-2020 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,
    I had an apartment where the tenancy ended on 31 Dec 2019.
    I am ready to start renting it out again.
    With the COVID-19 rent freezes, does that only apply to apartments currently being rented out?
    Since the apartment will have been empty for 5 months, can I apply the 4% increase to the old rent from Dec 2019?
    thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Gjp650 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I had an apartment where the tenancy ended on 31 Dec 2019.
    I am ready to start renting it out again.
    With the COVID-19 rent freezes, does that only apply to apartments currently being rented out?
    Since the apartment will have been empty for 5 months, can I apply the 4% increase to the old rent from Dec 2019?

Should be no issues.
    Rent reviews during tenancies are prohibited now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭dennyk

The emergency legislation only prohibits rent reviews on existing tenancies. You're free to set the rent at anything up to the maximum rent permitted by the RPZ legislation when starting a new tenancy with a new tenant.

Advertisement