Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What nightclubs do LC students use for celebration in Dublin?

• 20-05-2020 11:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

It seems all nightclub cater to LC graduation and results nights now.

Are there any particular such hotspots in Dublin, like dedicated nightclubs typically in use for this purpose, or does it vary from year to year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

All the night clubs are closed.

I imagine each club will do its own arrangements. Note that they need to be careful as a chunk of LC students aren't 18 yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,494 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Portmarnock strand this year from what I could see from Ireland's Eye.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

Victor wrote: »

I imagine each club will do its own arrangements. Note that they need to be careful as a chunk of LC students aren't 18 yet.

August results they're almost certain to be back open.

You're saying, it varies, basically.
    Typically not one venue that consistently caters to that crowd?

Or maybe they all do?

In Galway by example, it's normally one spot that takes the majority of LC students on their results night.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭JDMC2

What are you mumbling on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Wham_Boom

It seems all nightclub cater to LC graduation and results nights now.

Are there any particular such hotspots in Dublin, like dedicated nightclubs typically in use for this purpose, or does it vary from year to year?

Laptop gremlin why do you want to know this I hope it's because you're doing ur leaving cert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Victor wrote: »

Very few if any are under 18.
    Many are 19 by the time the results are out.

I'm involved in a school alumni and we talk to 6th years and do career events.
    I don't recall any under 18 this year (as of mid January)

As for clubs, if they were open, Diceys is one of the key spots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

Even when the restrictions are lifted pubs are going to act like fancy restraunts where you have to book a table and can only stay for a max two hours.

Not entirely sure how long this will go on for though, it mightn't happen if we are in a good place in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭d15ude

August results they're almost certain to be back open.

Joke of the day;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I have fond memories of leaving cert night. It's a great night to go go cruising in the car to have a look at the talent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

Diceys.

So it's most likely to be around Harcourt area, and possibly temple bar?

Though I really can't see "Club M" or The emporium hosting a night for LC'ers?

Is there not a website that documents scheduled events and such?

• Advertisement
Advertisement