Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Crypto Exchange Recommendation

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Elessar

I use Coinmetro exclusively now. EU exchange, very low fees and they pay makers. Fully regulated, EUR SEPA and credit card onramps and they've got solid management, great support, good products and a serious product pipeline.

They've a copy trading product called TraM (trade mirror) where you can allocate funds that will mimic the trades of a decent trader. Some decent gains to be had currently.

They're about to kick off a major marketing campaign so you'll be seeing more of these guys. Worth a look imo.

www.coinmetro.com

(Not a reflink I'm just a happy customer)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Been using stellar x for over a year now, zero fees, you keep the keys to the wallet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

JJJJNR wrote: »

i'm still amazed at how many people still think leaving their crypto on an exchange is safe

My sons have about €200 ea in cryto and is on an offline wallet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭roosh

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    i'm still amazed at how many people still think leaving their crypto on an exchange is safe

My sons have about €200 ea in cryto and is on an offline wallet

If you're not trading then it certainly doesn't appear to make any sense. Some exchanges have tightened their security measures following hacks, but still, if you're intention is to HODL then offline is definitely the way to go.

I lost a lot of coins in the Cryptopia hack for that reason.

• Advertisement

roosh wrote: »

I lost a lot of coins in the Cryptopia hack for that reason.

sorry to hear that

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    sorry to hear that
    Thank you. It's OK though, it wasn't as much as I lost when I was first starting to try my hand at trading :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

Bitstamp as a fiat gateway
    then transfer onto one of the following
    Kucoin
    Huobi
    Binance
    i have zero issues with this

da_miser wrote: »
    Bitstamp as a fiat gateway
    then transfer onto one of the following
    Kucoin
    Huobi
    Binance
    i have zero issues with this

Does Bitstamp allow you to transfer money from your bank account to the exchange? If so, is there a limit on how much you must transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

roosh wrote: »
    Does Bitstamp allow you to transfer money from your bank account to the exchange? If so, is there a limit on how much you must transfer?

Yes. Minimum deposit of €7.50, minimum withdrawal of €50.

• Advertisement

Kraken allows fiat deposits and this is my go to exchange for that

I use that or my nano to move BTC or ETH into Binance

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

On the wallet part, at what value of crypto is it worth it?

For example, I am with Kraken and have about 1000EUR worth of crypto. From a quick google a decent wallet can cost over 100 EUR (referencing the Ledger nano X wallet).

So if you buy the wallet you are already down over 10% with the TC associated with buying the ledger. Then say for example you have a fire in your house or robbed at home, you are screwed there too no?

I have very little knowledge of hacks and how it works, hence the question. I forget my phone or keys every day, so worried about holding it all in a type of USB stick :D

PHG wrote: »
    On the wallet part, at what value of crypto is it worth it?

For example, I am with Kraken and have about 1000EUR worth of crypto. From a quick google a decent wallet can cost over 100 EUR (referencing the Ledger nano X wallet).

You can get a Ledger Nano S for €50. If that is too much of an outlay, you will need to spend the time in understanding how to store your keys on regular USB sticks.

There are online wallets like Trust where you keep your own keys and it’s free

These are what are called "Hot" wallets and are not as safe as cold storage wallets

Here's a useful comparison of Coinbase PRO and Kraken.

LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bhalan

Developing a coded platform for trading cryptocurrencies and other digital assets in Privately held websites known as cryptocurrency exchanges development. The help of Crypto Exchange makes it possible to trade cryptocurrencies for other crypto assets, such as digital currencies.

Advertisement