Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bushnell binoculars

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭clivej

I've had a pair of Bushnell bins for 5 years now. Great Optics IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I have a pair of Hawke Vantage 10x42, now discontinued but still available if you do a search. I got that particular spec (10x42) for hill shooting and 'glassing' out at distance. I don't hunt the hill at first or last light so I can't tell you what they are like at those times. The 10x42's need a bit of a rest to stop any distortion but the aid of shooting sticks, terrian and your knees will sort that out. They came through a hard season of crawling through gourse and heather, bolder fields, streams and gullys and serveral winter storms their owner should have had better sense then to go out in.
    I had done a good bit of reading around and had looked at various models in that price range and it was all much of a muchness to be honest. So best price and a few extra star ratings pushed me to the Hawkes.
    I had previously been using a pair of generic binos 8x42's for 7 /8 years with surpriseingly decent imaging but alas one fall to many screwed up the focus knob. The 8x42's are a better all rounder for close in and distant viewing, as classic as a 6x42 scope, but I wanted that extra power for more definition on the hill side.
    I have started to use a pair of 8x56 for lowland and forestry hunting and they are the bees knees, so if you can push the price and are willing to carry the extra weight the 8x56 will get you from dawn til dusk and give the right amount of mag from here to there!

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭freddieot

You won't go wrong with Bushnell. I have a pair for about 10 years and no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭yubabill

Bushnell are a very good brand - had a Bushnell scope for a few years, no quibbles.

But if you want a reasonable pair of hack bins that you won't have to worry or fuss over, Lidl do a very good pair for about 25.00.

I have a pair for over 10 years and they are up to the job.

Don't let the price put you off, these have excellent coating (BAK-something, can't remember).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Asus1

I have a pair of Hawke Vantage 10x42, now discontinued but still available if you do a search. I got that particular spec (10x42) for hill shooting and 'glassing' out at distance. I don't hunt the hill at first or last light so I can't tell you what they are like at those times. The 10x42's need a bit of a rest to stop any distortion but the aid of shooting sticks, terrian and your knees will sort that out. They came through a hard season of crawling through gourse and heather, bolder fields, streams and gullys and serveral winter storms their owner should have had better sense then to go out in.
    I had done a good bit of reading around and had looked at various models in that price range and it was all much of a muchness to be honest. So best price and a few extra star ratings pushed me to the Hawkes.
    I had previously been using a pair of generic binos 8x42's for 7 /8 years with surpriseingly decent imaging but alas one fall to many screwed up the focus knob. The 8x42's are a better all rounder for close in and distant viewing, as classic as a 6x42 scope, but I wanted that extra power for more definition on the hill side.
    I have started to use a pair of 8x56 for lowland and forestry hunting and they are the bees knees, so if you can push the price and are willing to carry the extra weight the 8x56 will get you from dawn til dusk and give the right amount of mag from here to there!
    Im going to go with a 8/10×42 as im ashamed to say i also have found the joy of cycling(Only joking cycling is fine) and id like to keep them as light and small as possible as the nephews and niece's like to head off with me some evenings and they would like to look through them too.The lifetime warranty on them seems an added bonus for such a cheap price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭clivej

Just to add my bins are Bushnell 8X42 Legend Binoculars. I got them for a bargain at $100. But dear enough now £225

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭DogfoxCork

i have a pair of vortex diamondback 10x42s and absolutely love them

Took a chance on the bushnell binoculars.Seems the model is discontinued and has just had a name change so maybe thats why they were only £80 down from £200.Some great offers on uttings at the moment so worth giving them a look.All in its going to cost me €100 and with a lifetime warranty i can let the nieces and nephews use them without fear of them breaking them.Thanks for all the replies.

Just a quick update on the binoculars.Picked them up from the post office yesterday morning and spent a few hours up the bog looking at birds and a few hours out in a few fields during the evening.Compared to the cheap 10×50 yokes I had the difference in image quality and light available is enormous.
    The binoculars themselves aren't feather light but they're not too heavy either.They feel sturdy and the rubber outer covering is nice in the hand.At 9.30 last night i was looking at a lapwing sitting on a nest a good 300/350 yards with no problem with lack of light.
    Overall I think these will suit me for my applications and am impressed for the price I paid.The no quibble lifetime warranty is also a bonus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement