Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Diana Model 25

Options
  • 17-05-2020 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

I have a this rifle and need parts and ammunition.

Is there anywhere in Ireland that would have these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

You'll get nothing here in Ireland, Pleanty of spares for old yoke like that in the UK. You prob need to get a import licence on the parts and I don't know but it it appears that you know have to have a serial number on any spare parts..

It's a shane they made it so fecking complex when then they could have started offering a relaxing of rules for air rifles. Especially a low powered model 25

Nice old air rifle. Memories.

You can get Ammo nearly anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

If you have a licence for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

civdef wrote: »
    If you have a licence for it.
    What if i have a licence for it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Taylor365 wrote: »
    What if i have a licence for it? :confused:

The issue is that in some instances an old Diana or similar is found in an attic or in the shed. It probably belonged to a Grandfather or was brought into the country under the mistaken assumption that the laws on low powered air rifles was the same in Ireland as in the UK where such low powered air rifles do not have to be licensed. In Ireland they are classed as firearms in the same class as, for instance, a 308 hunting rifle and require a firearms licence.

You need a firearms licence to purchase pellets and possession of an unlicensed firearm is a serious offence.

If you have a licence for it all is good and you just need to produce the licence to purchase pellets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Rosahane wrote: »
    The issue is that in some instances an old Diana or similar is found in an attic or in the shed. It probably belonged to a Grandfather or was brought into the country under the mistaken assumption that the laws on low powered air rifles was the same in Ireland as in the UK where such low powered air rifles do not have to be licensed. In Ireland they are classed as firearms in the same class as, for instance, a 308 hunting rifle and require a firearms licence.

You need a firearms licence to purchase pellets and possession of an unlicensed firearm is a serious offence.

If you have a licence for it all is good and you just need to produce the licence to purchase pellets.

That always made me laugh that did, a licence to buy tiny bits of shaped lead, no propellant or primer in sight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Yep, it's a nuisance, but not too many people go around saying we have the best laws in the world :)

Up to 1964, airguns didn't need a licence here - so often old ones like the Diana 25 turn up that date to before then and don't have the paperwork.

Like was said above, if it has a licence, the goood news is ammo is easy, pretty much any gunshop has it.

Diana don't make the 25 any more, but parts are also available from https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24372/25 .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

civdef wrote: »
    Yep, it's a nuisance, but not too many people go around saying we have the best laws in the world :)

Up to 1964, airguns didn't need a licence here - so often old ones like the Diana 25 turn up that date to before then and don't have the paperwork.

Like was said above, if it has a licence, the goood news is ammo is easy, pretty much any gunshop has it.

Diana don't make the 25 any more, but parts are also available from https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24372/25 .

I think i tried them for spares (springs) for a webley revolver before and they did not want to know. Don't send parts here afaik.

Advertisement