Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Becky Lynch Megathread - Rumors, opinions etc. (spoilers for most recent shows)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    It's coming off a little badly. Edge, one of the great minds on the mic, is destroying her on there

get the feeling its beth/becky way of tryig to force wwe to give them a match but do agree edge is destroying her

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Officer999

sky88 wrote: »
    get the feeling its beth/becky way of tryig to force wwe to give them a match but do agree edge is destroying her

Surprised she mentioned Lita

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Becky got one or two good digs in this time. Their last back and forth a while back was much more one-sided. Think I said it in another thread but I wish promos between wrestlers on the actual shows could sound as spiteful as they Becky/Edge do on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

must say i have no interest in becky anymore. she peaked with that moment she got her face busted by Nia. the build up to the WM match was mediocre at best and everything following has been pretty poor. they've killed The Man thing, the promos are cringe and it isnt working on twitter anymore. I suspect they'll try introduce some story involving Seth along the way. It was great when she was a total bad ass, but now she's a generic baby face in my opinion. For all the comparisons with Austin, he never really played up to the fans in promos, most of the time he came in, said whatever he liked did a few stunners, raised some hell and everyone loved it. i dont know how they can capture the magic of becky again.

if done properly, a long slow build to a one on one WM36 match with rhonda/becky could be excellent. slowly introduce baezler and those other two, have becky form uneasy alliance with charlotte, bayley etc.. have ronda cost becky a huge match..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Yeah, they really made a hames of it.

She was on a tear for a few weeks before WM but has completely cooled off over the past few months because of the insistence on 50/50 booking in every WWE feud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Sometimes 50/50 can be good but when the rare ones like Becky come along then they really need to pick a player.

It's startling given the amount of one sided feuds they gave to Bliss much to the detriment of other women on the roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Do we think she will return to WWE after having the baby (which I hope all goes well for her and Seth)

Was she in talks for a big Marvel or DC movie also?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,409 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do we think she will return to WWE after having the baby (which I hope all goes well for her and Seth)

Was she in talks for a big Marvel or DC movie also?

Personally I do see her back in WWE after the baby is born. I'm sure she may try movies but as she has said herself when she retired after her injury initially she spent years doing everything to fill the wrestling void and eventually she came back. I could see a Mikie James type second run in WWE. I use mikie James because her partner is a wrestler so it's the nearest comparison I can see.

Just wondering out loud but I assume this thread which I'm the OP on was something split off from a discussion in another thread. I don't recall ever starting this thread.

No-one stays away forever, she'll be back. It's just a matter of when and if it's part-time/full-time.

J. Marston wrote: »
    No-one stays away forever, she'll be back. It's just a matter of when and if it's part-time/full-time.

No stays away ? Macho man says hello. If the documentaries are to be believed vince loves her so yeah the door will always be open to her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This guy seems to think they will make the pregnancy a storyline

https://youtu.be/U2lF6ghsW-c

PTH2009 wrote: »

That guy is wrong imo.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Just wondering out loud but I assume this thread which I'm the OP on was something split off from a discussion in another thread. I don't recall ever starting this thread.

Yes think it was split perhaps from chat thread

PTH2009 wrote: »

It will but it won't be any affair nonsense.

I think Seth's current depressed character is because his messiah complex can't cope with failing his unborn child by not beating Drew.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Last week seemed like a thanks and see you in a year and a half or so deal.

It is a credit to Becky that they had her to go on TV and did not just have her vanish without explanation as I can imagine would have happened a few years a go in the women's division.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Remember Kharma?

J. Marston wrote: »
    No-one even a fraction close.

"The Man" run was lightning in a bottle. When WWE blatantly push someone to the moon, there is usually a little or a lot of fan pushback but the fans were fully onboard with that push.

She went over in promo segments with Edge and Cena, had a promo with The Rock, won the Rumble, won the main event of Mania, held two titles, held one for a year and got cheered all the way.
    And also gave Austin a stunner!

Was her big push started by the fans or WWE, she really was so over, on a roll

320.jpg

If I remember correctly it was a bit of both. One of the rare times they listened to the fans early on when they added Charlotte in a 1 on 1 title match between Becky and Carmella and Becky wasn't happy and the fans sided with her. They did try to make her a heel after the attack on Charlotte but the fans were supporting her so it was allowed to play out.

A bit of both. I remember during the MITB match the fans were clearly in her corner and audibly chanted her name when she got near the briefcase and cheered. It stuck out because it wasn’t something that happened that often. She then went on a winning streak and she had a promo backstage with Daniel Bryan which I recall being good because it seemed to be based in real frustration.

The turn against Charlotte at summer slam was great because it was needed. Becky had been seen as the member of the four horsewomen who’d been too nice(different to bayley) and never just said **** it, and took something she wanted. I mean as a fan why should I care if you the wrestler seems happy to just take being put down ? It’s a basic thing in wrestling IMO that we the fans need to be given an actual reason to either like or dislike a wrestler.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

That night with the blood on her face, was her peak.. they pushed her so hard that she actually became unlikeable and just an annoying arsehole.. should she return hopefully “The Man” works again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Looking back the face full of blood didn't do much for me.

I was too preoccupied with the concern that all inroads were unblocked now for McMahon to go with his Flair vs Rousey match.

I didn't think he'd give a fcuk about Becky in the long term and I still don't think he did for awhile after that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭weareallmarks

Becky took advantage of a bit of blood and because of that got the spotlight on herself. Great work, taking advantage of opportunity, spotting it and running with it.

It wasnt the plan, she made it the plan. Nearly out politicked the politics!

320.jpg

The best thing Nia did really. She pulled a Homer, to Becky's benefit.
    As has been said, this caused her to miss her scheduled match against Ronda, which she likely would've lost instead of getting the main event at Mania

She has reappeared on social media...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHtKGoOBI48

They're both looking well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Good to see her looking healthy and well. Not long to go by the looks of things.

Well that’s good to see that it all seems to be going well. I thinks she due December sometime it’s five weeks or there a-bouts. It was funny we were saying how she hadn’t been on social media in a bit but presumably this will be it for a while but hopefully it all goes well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

I think that pretty much confirms that becky reads boards.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Roux Rollins or Roux Lynch are both badass wrestler names, lol.

• Advertisement

Is it pronounced like Rue, Row (as in row the boat) or Row (as in rhymes with cow)

Advertisement