Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stargirl WB DC [** Spoilers **]

• 22-04-2020 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭

Stargirl is an upcoming American drama web television series created by Geoff Johns that will air on DC Universe. It is based on the DC Comics superhero of the same name created by Johns and Lee Moder. The series follows Courtney Whitmore, portrayed by Brec Bassinger, who discovers the cosmic staff and becomes the inspiration for a new generation of superheroes who become the Justice Society of America.

DC Universe ordered the series in July 2018. Bassinger was cast in September 2018, with additional castings for her family members, the Justice Society of America, and the Injustice Society through February 2019. Filming for the series began by March 2019 in the Atlanta metropolitan area in Georgia.

Stargirl is set to premiere on May 18, 2020. The series will also air the following day on The CW, as well as be available on The CW's digital platforms. Ahead of the series premiere, characters from the series were featured in the Arrowverse crossover "Crisis on Infinite Earths", establishing Stargirl as existing on a parallel Earth to the Arrowverse series.

Early reviews look promising

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I remember watching that review ages ago. It really sold me on needing to give the show a shot!

This was really good. It skewed younger than other DC shows, but it was a lot of fun. :)

More please!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I agree, not a bad setup to a show, I'll defintely be tuning in for a few more episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Definitely fits the DC Teen Titans, Doom Patrol Universe more than the CW Universe for me though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looking at the runtime (53 mins) I assume it'll be edited to fit CW runtime.
    And then the same for Swamp Thing when they show that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Definitely fits the DC Teen Titans, Doom Patrol Universe more than the CW Universe for me though.

It has been clarified during Crisis on infinite Earths that Stargirl, Teen Titans and Doom Patrol
    are set on different Earths compared to Earth Prime which is home to Arrowverse shows. Stargirl is set on Earth-2, Titans is set on Earth-9, Swamp Thing is set on Earth-19 and Doom Patrol is set on Earth-21.

Putting in spoiler tags for those who have not seen Crisis on Infinite Earths

1: Solid landing! Good effort put into this show. I liked that ending too!

Guessing
    the janitor at the school is her Dad.
    I like how her powers are the combo of her gymnastics and the power of the staff. The action scenes make sense with it.

"Not you!" Great pep talk from a Starman

I enjoyed that though a bit confused on how the staff works. Not too familiar with it, but why does it need someone if it can control itself, though at times it seems to stop working like in the tire yard. Probably find out more.

Hope they show/say
    what the Injustice Society have been at for 10 years, considering they weren't defeated.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    "Not you!" Great pep talk from a Starman

I enjoyed that though a bit confused on how the staff works. Not too familiar with it, but why does it need someone if it can control itself, though at times it seems to stop working like in the tire yard. Probably find out more.

Hope they show/say
    what the Injustice Society have been at for 10 years, considering they weren't defeated.

From the looks of it, it seems that the Injustice Society went their separate ways since the Justice Society was gone . I think the teacher that told Courtney to sit at the losers table is Tigress, definitely got a bad vibe off her and the guy who owns the gym is probably Sportsmaster.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'd say it was set as a "movie of the week" launch, they could have trimmed it easily enough to 40ish minutes but it's find at 53 as well.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I think the teacher that told Courtney to sit at the losers table is Tigress, definitely got a bad vibe off her

I suspect that was a misdirection. The teacher seemed 'off' but she clearly sent Courtney to sit with her soon to be young JSA-scooby-gang.

iguana wrote: »
    I suspect that was a misdirection. The teacher seemed 'off' but she clearly sent Courtney to sit with her soon to be young JSA-scooby-gang.

Checked imdb, I definitely think it was Tigress

From the looks of it, it seems that the Injustice Society went their separate ways since the Justice Society was gone . I think the teacher that told Courtney to sit at the losers table is Tigress, definitely got a bad vibe off her and the guy who owns the gym is probably Sportsmaster.

But that's what's weird. They defeated the JSA so they could fulfill their evil masterplan of becoming teachers and trainers? I know people in both professions can be evil but think that's a bit much.
    Did Grundy become a florist?

But that's what's weird. They defeated the JSA so they could fulfill their evil masterplan of becoming teachers and trainers? I know people in both professions can be evil but think that's a bit much.
    Did Grundy become a florist?

It could just be that the whole point of the Injustice Society was to defeat the JSA and with them gone their purpose was gone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No they have the full edit there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Thought this was really silly and very enjoyable. Main lead has no acting talent whatsoever but if there this level of goofing about it doesn't matter. Good fun to start off.

https://screenrant.com/stargirl-dc-universe-cw-pilot-episode-cuts-differences/

About 10 minutes cut. Going through the list it seems like a lot. Well it is a fifth of the runtime.

https://screenrant.com/stargirl-dc-universe-cw-pilot-episode-cuts-differences/

About 10 minutes cut. Going through the list it seems like a lot. Well it is a fifth of the runtime.

So probably better off watching from DC Universe

That's the plan. Haven't seen the other version available anyway.

• Advertisement

That's the plan. Haven't seen the other version available anyway.

Plus it's out a day before the CW

2 days this week. Was out Sunday and asked on CW on Tuesday.
    Seems the 2nd episode is out as well but haven't seen it anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Where can this be watched?

RIPPED!

Good second episode.
    Should've known they would have a way to get out of Courtney's identity being known.
    So looks like the InJSA weren't just sitting idle. Just no big extravagant world domination plan. More subtle.
    And no to Grundy being a florist.

Effects were pretty good on STRIPE.
    Think was only when Brainwave wasn't following him in the sky did it look off.

Why is it that when people get powers that may enable flight, they always jump off roofs not long after assuming their powers will work?
    Especially in this.
    She jumped off expecting the staff to be there, yet it couldn't move a few inches to her hand when she was trapped.

2: Liking this. It's all new to me and, so far, feels like a decent and new origin story.

Liked the hearty scene
    with her Mom. Mech Sidekick ain't bad! Definitely prefer STRIPE to Stripsey.

Then the ending.
    Who's in the cage!
    yet it couldn't move a few inches to her hand when she was trapped.

Good question and I don't know but a guess might be that
    it has a charge that can drain and she was definitely after draining it in the battle to that point. Though.. I guess it used a bunch more to take out Brainwave

Slydice wrote: »

Then the ending.
    Who's in the cage!

In relation to who was in the
    cage, it was Solomon Grundy

Plus in relation to the teacher who I thought was Tigress, I was correct as she was sitting with
    Crusher in the gym with their daughter who if you watch Young Justice will know who she is even though she is not blonde here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Enjoyed the first two episodes. I like Luke Wilson and the main actress is not too bad. I presume in the next few epsidoes they'll fresh out the rest of the characters like the other people in the school. I like that the DC uniiverse is trying different things with their universe compared with CW and Marvel Netflix series.

Since the staff is alive, how long until we get the episode where it refuses to work for Courtney?

The second episode kept up the energy and momentum of the first one. Great stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so luke wilson just happened to bump into and marry his old friends hookup?

Advertisement