Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sighting in the river

• 17-05-2020 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭

Any truth in the supposed sighting of a Dolphin in the Suir yesterday between the Quays and Waterford Castle?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

• Registered Users Posts: 37,754 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Keep him and make him the Waterford fungie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Keep him and make him the Waterford fungie

:rolleyes:

Entice it with a few cans of Hoffman’s is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Any truth in the supposed sighting of a Dolphin in the Suir yesterday between the Quays and Waterford Castle?

There was 2 there this time last year as well. Right by the ferry to castle.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Suir you'd be only delighted with those visitors.

I wonder what drew them inland, maybe they're wondering where all the fishing vessels are gone and having a look for us to make sure nothing is up.

Jaysis I hope there isn't a version of this which affects dolphins :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

debok wrote: »
    There was 2 there this time last year as well. Right by the ferry to castle.

I seen them on the greenway last year too just across from mount congreve,but i think they were porpoises.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

:rolleyes:

Entice it with a few cans of Hoffman’s is it?

We don't want to kill it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

s1ippy wrote: »
    Suir you'd be only delighted with those visitors.

I wonder what drew them inland, maybe they're wondering where all the fishing vessels are gone and having a look for us to make sure nothing is up.

Jaysis I hope there isn't a version of this which affects dolphins :(

They follow schools of fish up the river from the coast. Never seen the dolphins myself, but have seen seals from the bridge. There are actually better videos of dolphins on the Suir out there.

https://www.facebook.com/WaterfordIYP/videos/1200187410061858/

Advertisement