Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walrus - Prepare to be Triggered - The Reveal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Trigger wrote: »
    Name Rd1 Rd2 Total
    Electric Nitwit 3 22 25
    A 19 point swing, I'm kind of proud of that :p
    All or nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Glad you liked Promise Me. I can't listen to it too often as it is too close to home for my liking but it's an amazing song.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Great stuff lads. Gg trig

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

lassykk wrote: »
    Glad you liked Promise Me. I can't listen to it too often as it is too close to home for my liking but it's an amazing song.

It's a fantastic song, and of course it bodes well for me that you like Badflower for your own Walrus. I'm just glad I sent in my entry for that before this reveal, otherwise it could've been seen as pandering... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

giphy.gif

:D

Glad you liked the song as much as I do, without doubt one of the most heartbreaking songs ever recorded. The lyrics, their delivery, when the banjo kicks in, its just perfect.

• Advertisement

Trigger has kindly allowed me to give a quick plug for the first ever Surlaw (Reverse Walrus) that I'm hosting, in case anyone was previously unaware it is happening... If you're a fan of Walrus, it's worth checking out...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058076429

There's also now a sign-up table for Surlaws in the Walrus Sign-Up Thread too...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057993926

It's a fantastic song, and of course it bodes well for me that you like Badflower for your own Walrus. I'm just glad I sent in my entry for that before this reveal, otherwise it could've been seen as pandering... :D

I was wondering had I mentioned them before when I got your nomination! I actually prefer the song you nominated to this one so I think you will do well with that!

lassykk wrote: »
    I was wondering had I mentioned them before when I got your nomination! I actually prefer the song you nominated to this one so I think you will do well with that!

If you did mention them previously, I wasn't aware of it. I actually thought it was a risky submission and almost went for something "safer". Purely coincidental.

If you did mention them previously, I wasn't aware of it. I actually thought it was a risky submission and almost went for something "safer". Purely coincidental.

Ah no I didn't think I had ever mentioned them other than in this walrus

Trigger wrote: »
    In 4th place with 20 points is
    Stu Redman
    with Elton John – Indian Sunset

Enter Cheat code here. A proper Lyrical Beast, It really is an amazing song, ive never heard it before, well at least I cant remember hearing it before I went deaf. The story it tells is amazing, really highlights the plight around the American Indians. Throwing that together with Elton Johns voice. Yeah its fantastic. Love it and would be one I could listen to again and again

It's unreal, I only found it myself in the last few years but it's definitely one of my favourite songs of all-time. The version you posted Trigger is perfect for this round, as it's based on lyrics, but the power of the album version can't be beaten...

I'm liking a lot of the entries in these first 2 rounds, picking up some great new music which is the aim of the game for me.

Good hosting Trigger, hopefully you'll time one of these reveals more appropriately for us vampires :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

It's unreal, I only found it myself in the last few years but it's definitely one of my favourite songs of all-time. The version you posted Trigger is perfect for this round, as it's based on lyrics, but the power of the album version can't be beaten...

I'm liking a lot of the entries in these first 2 rounds, picking up some great new music which is the aim of the game for me.

Good hosting Trigger, hopefully you'll time one of these reveals more appropriately for us vampires :pac:

:pac: I was booked in for the prime time slot last night only for unforeseen circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Delighted you loved The River, I do too!
    As I said in my PM, it seems such a beautiful yet sad encapsulation of the lives of many in middle America, and contains two of the saddest lines of any song I can think of...
    Now all them things that seemed so important
    Well Mister they vanished right into the air
    Now I just act like I don't remember
    Mary acts like she don't care

Is a dream a lie if it don't come true
    Or is it something worse

After round one. Knew it ;)

Listen to his live version at the LA Colosium, from ‘84 I think, absolutely fantastic

We getting a reveal this weekend Trigs?

We getting a reveal this weekend Trigs?

Unfortunately not, I've listen a small bit but not enough to do placing etc, havent had a chance to sit down properly this week. I'll keep ye updated

LittleAnchoredIraniangroundjay-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Another walrus has been TUSKED. It is a curse.

fixXxer wrote: »
    Another walrus has been TUSKED. It is a curse.

Tbf, it was already tusked before the reveal started :D

Might try get 2 rounds in and do a speed reveal for both

Right so didnt get the 4th round fully listened to, but I have listened a load and ranked round 3 now, so just have to do a few behind the scenes things and shall have a reveal tomorrow morning or so.

A few laptop issues this morning folks, everything saved on there, trying to get it sorted.

Right lets get cracking, the category is

“Classic Rock Anthem/Ballad
    I have progressed steadily through different genre's when rehabilitating starting with Acoustic songs. Rock and Indie Rock being my two favourite with my new Ear give me a Classic that will make me smile.”

I loved all of these again, well apart from one. I have heard a few of them before, but the majority are new to me, so many great choices.

This is going to be a Speed reveal, they will be coming out thick and fast!

• Advertisement

In Last place and 1 point is
    Three more big sleeps
    with Meatloaf - "For Crying Out Loud"

Yeah, I don’t like Meatloaf at all, but 9 minutes of Meatloaf is the stuff of my Nightmares! This is the only song on the Playlist that I didn’t enjoy.

In 22nd place and 2 points is
    Phatkev
    with Paul Simon - Graceland

It’s a lovely track, probably should be up a bit higher but couldnt see where it would go, I enjoyed the rest just that bit more

In 21st place and 3 points is
    G&R
    with Kings of Leon – The Bucket

I love KOL, and do really enjoy this song, it’s not really a classic though is it. Its still great, probably placed it down here because I have heard it so much, and while I really like it, I enjoyed most of the others more.

In 20th place and 4 points is
    Hello 2D
    with Slaughter – Fly to the Angels

It’s grand, not bad but nothing special either, just not strong enough for me to place it higher

In 19th place and 5 points is
    Homer J. Fong
    with Pixies – Here comes your man

I like this one, its great, nice vocals. Unfortunate that its placed down this low but I can’t give it any higher here with what its up against

In 18th place and 6 points is
    Baggly
    with The Eels – Mr E’s Beautiful Blues (Goddamn right, it’s a beautiful day)

This is great, lovely vocals and lyrically its decent. A decent track, I initially had this higher after the first listen but started to fall down as the others where just stronger.

In 17th place and 7 points is
    sKeith
    with Aerosmith – Cryin’

A late entrant, really enjoyed it but did have a few issues with listening, and the vocals got lost at times. it was down a bit lower but over time it grew a bit on me.

In 16th place and 8 points is
    Gru
    with Steve Harley and the Cockney Rebel - Make me smile (come up and see me)

Great track, I was singing along to this every time it came on, one of those that was stuck in my head for hours after listening.

In 15th place and 9 points is
    Rikand
    with A Design for Life

You really do love these don’t you. Enjoyed this one a lot more than the previous ones, it’s a great song, got a bit of a bump up the table with repeated listening

• Advertisement

In 14th place and 10 points is
    Beakerjoe
    with DangerZone – Kenny Loggins

I like the song, it’s a cracking tune, it was down lower until I listened to it on my late mothers birthday and it brought back all sorts of emotion, she loved Tom Cruise and Top Gun and this one was easily recognisable.

Advertisement