Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

new to airsoft

• 10-05-2020 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey guys and gals i am looking to start in airsoft once the quarantine is lifted and places are open again I'm in dublin and my days off work change weekly looking for suggestions on where to play a few games,i have a full kit set up pistol,rifle and protective gear just looking for general advice as to where to start

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭tomdotcom

I'm also getting more into this after plinking for about 10 years with a cheapie M49 springer... I'm looking for gear now and have a decent side arm but am looking for chances to play in various areas or where necessary there are a few good locations in the Palmerstown areas that are off the beaten track but not official airsoft locations... not sure what the craic is about playing outside of commercial places but well away from the general public as I am just entering the gaming side of things.

I would love to connect with others to learn more about the sport while restrictions are being lifted.

Regards

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

tomdotcom wrote: »
    there are a few good locations in the Palmerstown areas that are off the beaten track but not official airsoft locations... not sure what the craic is about playing outside of commercial places but well away from the general public as I am just entering the gaming side of things.

No don't do it ,

You would be Brandishing a RIF (realistic immitation Firearm ) in a public place and very likely to get arrested and end up in court heed this warning !

If your interested in gaming when things reopen again there is Redhills in Kildare (highly recommend) Spec ops(Wicklow) sim tac (navan ) the mill close to Dublin city centre it's an indoor cqb site .
    And fingal in North Dublin worth a look,

Hey guys and gals i am looking to start in airsoft once the quarantine is lifted and places are open again I'm in dublin and my days off work change weekly looking for suggestions on where to play a few games,i have a full kit set up pistol,rifle and protective gear just looking for general advice as to where to start

Thanks in Advance

I like Redhills just inside Kildare ,not s huge site but well run and they have good selection of games they use something to suit everyone experienced and new players ,
    Spec ops in Wicklow is a big site that attracts big numbers depending on what they are doing can get busy .
    Fingal in North county Dublin small enough site well run .
    We have the mill close to the city centre indoor cqb fast paced close contact gaming wouldn't be my first choice for a new player , another similar site near tallaght fast paced close games not to everyones taste

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭tomdotcom

Thanks for the info I appreciate it and will heed the warnings.

I look forward to checking out the venues when things reopen!

What kind of costs would one be looking at for these centers and are there any clubs to join for more organised activities?

Thanks again to all for the info.

Tom

Gatling wrote: »
    No don't do it ,

You would be Brandishing a RIF (realistic immitation Firearm ) in a public place and very likely to get arrested and end up in court heed this warning !

If your interested in gaming when things reopen again there is Redhills in Kildare (highly recommend) Spec ops(Wicklow) sim tac (navan ) the mill close to Dublin city centre it's an indoor cqb site .
    And fingal in North Dublin worth a look,

tomdotcom wrote: »

What kind of costs would one be looking at for these centers and are there any clubs to join for more organised activities?

Usually around €30(check with individual sites) for the day with your own gear and you can pick up a decent bag of .20 bbs for another €14 which should last you a day or so ,
    There is plenty of teams around to join but usually to get our there first ,some sites run theme or milsim game ,(milsim is full military simulation) with specific loadouts and command and control set ups to achieve specific goals over a day or several days with camping and so on

• Advertisement
Advertisement