Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mafia Trilogy

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zero-Cool wrote: »

MS link shows they might be purchasable separately and launching on the 19th May. If you own one, you unlock cloths and cars for the others.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/mafia-ii-definitive-edition/9n000033sqdr?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Hope they are purchasable separately as there's only one game there worth owning.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,436 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hope they are purchasable separately as there's only one game there worth owning.

Another question will be how much each will be. I'd really throw 20 at Mafia 1 if the bundle was 60.

If these screenshots of Mafia 1 are real, then it looks like a full on remake. Looks absolutely unreal. I wonder how legit these and the August release date are.

https://twitter.com/McBiggitty/status/1260593949565243393?s=19

Yeah those screenshots are legit, Jesus.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/mafia-definitive-edition/9nzc09nnr93l?ref=dtf.ru&&activetab=pivot:overviewtab#

"Re-Made Classic:
    Faithfully recreated, with expanded story, gameplay and original score. This is the Mafia you remembered and much more."

• Advertisement

Never played the first game. I might play the second one again but they can get stuffed with the third one, no amount of polish with make that turd shine.

Some comparison shots of 1. I will definitely play 2 again but from screenshots, it looks like 1 will look way better as it is a remake whereas 2 looks like it will be a HD upgrade.

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1260602571099713536?s=19

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I thought the first mafia game was top down?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dunno about that, MS list it as the 18th with Mafia 1 releasing in August which would be a bit weird. Then the teaser states 'announcement May 19th' so 2 would hardly release before then.

• Advertisement

Interesting, someone found a Mafia 2 definitive edition trailer with 'available now' at the end and a screen showing 'also part of the Mafia trilogy'. Maybe this will release next week during their announcement, then Mafia 1 during the summer. Weird releasing it out of order though.

Mafia 2 available now trailer
    https://streamable.com/cklc0r

And Mafia 1 preorder trailer
    https://streamable.com/e/h78h6q

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Why the hell are they releasing Mafia 2 before Mafia 1? I really don't see the point in that. I know Mafia 2 is probably the best one - having played it myself I can see why, but it really makes me itchy seeing these games get released in a weird order

Wouldn't bother me anyway :p, hopefully it is out next week.

Wouldn't bother me anyway :p, hopefully it is out next week.

I was actually about 70% through the Steam version of Mafia 2. I dunno why I stopped (I do that a lot) but I might as well shelf the yoke if this appears to be the better way to experience it. lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Never played Mafia 2 but loved the original. Great story structured around some fantastic missions - bar the infamous racing level. Arguably did the cinematic storytelling before Rockstar, Naughty Dog and the like made it cool and mainstream. Watched some videos of old footage and it's definitely a game that looks better in my head / memory than it does now :D

Why the hell are they releasing Mafia 2 before Mafia 1? I really don't see the point in that. I know Mafia 2 is probably the best one - having played it myself I can see why, but it really makes me itchy seeing these games get released in a weird order

Did you play the first one? Definitely the best of the trilogy but 2 was really good.

The mission in 2 that links back to 1 is *chefs kiss*. I would gladly play 2 next week while waiting for 1. 3 can go and shyte.

I dunno why I stopped (I do that a lot)

Meet your brother!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,316 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Did you play the first one? Definitely the best of the trilogy but 2 was really good.

The mission in 2 that links back to 1 is *chefs kiss*. I would gladly play 2 next week while waiting for 1. 3 can go and shyte.

Is there anything about 3 that makes it worth playing? I’ve had it buried deep in the backlog for ages but watching that trailer today gave me a Mafia craving and I’m not long after finishing 2 again.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Is there anything about 3 that makes it worth playing? I’ve had it buried deep in the backlog for ages but watching that trailer today gave me a Mafia craving and I’m not long after finishing 2 again.

Only if you have the dlc. If not, it's incredibly repetitive. You go to a district, complete missions to get info, go to building and take out boss, go back to hideout, then go back to the same building and go through it again for dinner bull**** reason and then move onto the next District to do the exact same missions. Incredibly boring. The dlc adds nice variety and new locations. So much so, that a dev put up a roadmap to mix base missions with dlc missions to make it a more enjoyable experience.

As much as the dlc improved things, i still haven't finished it but really want to to see the Vito ending. I'll finish it just for that but no way would i buy a definitive version of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,316 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Only if you have the dlc. If not, it's incredibly repetitive. You go to a district, complete missions to get info, go to building and take out boss, go back to hideout, then go back to the same building and go through it again for dinner bull**** reason and then move onto the next District to do the exact same missions. Incredibly boring. The dlc adds nice variety and new locations. So much so, that a dev put up a roadmap to mix base missions with dlc missions to make it a more enjoyable experience.

As much as the dlc improved things, i still haven't finished it but really want to to see the Vito ending. I'll finish it just for that but no way would i buy a definitive version of it.

Sounds tedious. Might just watch a story walkthrough on YT instead to get my fix.

• Advertisement

Someone made a comparison video for Mafia 1, they really poured on the love.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm finding it hard to get excited about this. I've played them all, and for some reason 2 is standing out more than 1, but it's been a while so I dunno. But, I've bought quite a few remasters lately, and within a few hours the 'oh shiney' feel good goes away, and I'm left playing something I remember which takes away from it.

I do look forward to it's inclusion in PS+/Now whenever that may be!

Long, long time ago when I borrowed it off a mate in high school. Bought it there on PS2 a couple of years ago. I have it on PC as well... just never got around to playing it. I love 2. And I haven't played 3 yet but I'd play it now despite its badness. If I go in knowing what it's like I'll be less disappointed

This is gas, an ex-mafioso plays Mafia 2 and gives his thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Ah. I wanted to hear his reaction to the end of the game. Pretty funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I'm finding it hard to get excited about this. I've played them all, and for some reason 2 is standing out more than 1, but it's been a while so I dunno. But, I've bought quite a few remasters lately, and within a few hours the 'oh shiney' feel good goes away, and I'm left playing something I remember which takes away from it.

I do look forward to it's inclusion in PS+/Now whenever that may be!

I want to know if anything new has been added. It was a beautiful game vista wise. Maybe I would touch up some of the buildings and bridges a bit. Otherwise it's fine to play as is. The game had a sweeping score. The ambient sound was sparce and distintive. That's probably been ****ed with now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mando212

Looking forward to this, never played 1 or 2.

I tried to finish Mafia 3 over the weekend...i just can't. It's so ****ing boring, i can't even seem to be able to plough through. I thought i was near the end but i still have a ton of dots on the map that look mandatory of going to District, talking to someone, kill/damage multiple targets in that District, talk to person, kill boss. I've just done it too many damn times already.

On the plus side, it's looking likely that Mafia 2 will release tomorrow with all DLC included. I can't wait for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

On the plus side, it's looking likely that Mafia 2 will release tomorrow with all DLC included. I can't wait for that!
    Sounds good Zeroni Coolioni.

• Advertisement

I hope it's not too expensive

Advertisement