Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What Slave1 got next

• 13-05-2020 11:34am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We'll I'm a reasonably frequent poster here so why not...deal done but will be late next week before I get her...

Already a Leaf30 owner for 3+ years so delighted to move to a 2 BEV household

Guess away....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Well wear slave1, I guess it will be a Model S at last!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,681 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Must be a Model S. Sure you have built up more knowledge about them over the last few months than many owners will ever have :D

Details please, we wait in excitement!!!

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

We're all doing one of these so?

Considering you've been stalking second hand model Ss since late last year... A new Ioniq 38?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I did think Ioniq 38, I'm not bothered by their slower charging compared to the "classic" but the car space is just not practical, fine as a second car but not as a main car. Also, the value is just not there.

Niro, same conclusion.

Also thought of Model 3 but again, just not big enough

• Registered Users Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭markpb

slave1 wrote: »
    just not big enough

You've dropped enough hints about size. It must be a Model X so :)

• Advertisement

So I suppose it has to be a Model S but I have a VERY specific list of requirements...

Has to have
    Dual Chargers - this will totally open up all Ireland travel because the 22 chargers are way more widespread versus Rapids and being able to get around 50-50kms with a half hour hook up is priceless
    Upgraded Sound - this is a car for 10+ years, I want my sound
    AP hardware and enabled - why get a Tesla without AP? [Unkel dig]
    Cannot be black - too hard to keep, white [Unkel give out straight away] or red
    No to 21" wheels, just not good for efficiency long term and me hate kerb rash, also the tyres would be as expensive as fook, I did think to get one with 21s on them and swap/cash in them for someone with 19" but that's a narrow market in Ireland and I just don't want the hassle
    Smart Air Suspension - my commute has some dodgy runs with dips so want to raise her up when required
    Cannot be white or tan interior, yuk!
    Tesla warranty for around a year+

Optional extras that would seal a deal for me....

Parking Sensors, she will also be driving it
    Subzero Package, not really that bothered as my Leaf does not have it and cabin preheating has worked out perfectly
    Lifetime free Supercharging
    Lifetime free Premium Connectivity
    Alloys and body in near perfect condition
    Price point that I am happy with
    MCU replaced recently - not sweating that €3k timebomb

I managed to get all of the above

Centre Console and CCS upgrade was a search too far I'm afraid

We know your demands, but you said deal done. So stop teasing us and tell us what ya got! :p

Oh, Model S 85, 151 reg, 39k miles, Tesla warranty until Oct 22 or another 24k miles.
    Dark blue, HV battery and MCU replaced in the last 6 months, motor replaced in 2018, 3 handles replaced since 2018.

Sweet, well wear! Love the dark blue colour on them. Would be my favourite too. And the list of your spec, is well, what can I say, total!

I take it from the warranty not being bang on 2 years or 4 years, that you did not buy the car from Tesla itself then. Want to share where you bought and how much you paid?

• Advertisement

It was a Private sale and not parting with purchase price yet as I know Revenue monitor certain forums, I have a VRT plan in place so will share all once I've finalised VRT payment.
    What I will say is I had to pony up for collection as I couldn't travel over myself due to restrictions and it is unfortunately in an isolated part of the UK so I just had to take the hit on that one

It was a Private sale and not parting with purchase price yet as I know Revenue monitor certain forums, I have a VRT plan in place so will share all once I've finalised VRT payment.
    What I will say is I had to pony up for collection as I couldn't travel over myself due to restrictions and it is unfortunately in an isolated part of the UK so I just had to take the hit on that one

Did I read somewhere here that that can be done for a few hundred euro? Sub €500. Seems worth it at that price given the effort involved - though if buying from Tesla direct it can be nice to inspect and maybe get a "present" from them like unkels free charging cable.

It was a Private sale and not parting with purchase price yet as I know Revenue monitor certain forums

Fair enough you want to be on the safe side, but what you paid for the car in the UK has no bearing on what the OMSP in Ireland is. So no bearing on VRT.

Have you booked it in yet for the VRT appointment, or are they closed for now?

Did I read somewhere here that that can be done for a few hundred euro? Sub €500. Seems worth it at that price given the effort involved - though if buying from Tesla direct it can be nice to inspect and maybe get a "present" from them like unkels free charging cable.

Mine is a good bit more, €600+VAT, if it was a normal pickup area then I've used a guy in the past and he's €412 inc VAT so I just got snookered on location.

Tesla always supply that cable with CPO purchases but it's sometime "forgotten". I was haunting the CPO website but the spec I wanted was not quite right and you really have to pony up for the 24 month warranty whereas I did not have to pay that premium for my 28 month warranty.
    Also, with a CPO purchase you are completely blind to the car's upkeep history but with a private buy you can ask the guy what he has had done e.g. in my case the big 3, battery, MCU and drive motor

unkel wrote: »
    Fair enough you want to be on the safe side, but what you paid for the car in the UK has no bearing on what the OMSP in Ireland is. So no bearing on VRT.

Have you booked it in yet for the VRT appointment, or are they closed for now?

I have brought in a good few cars for myself and the missus over the years and as the models have invariably not been available in Ireland I used UK prices every time and the Revenue accepted my appeal each time without issue.

I won't have her on my driveway until end of next week at the earliest so can't book her, in any case they are all closed for now.
    Hopefully I'll manage to sneak a booking for the first of a month and save a few squid:pac: (on car tax)

Gonna be a long wait! Well worth it though and time to start ordering some must have accessories :D

What's the VIN?

Ordered a few bits and bobs, a cabin filter, key fob cover, some wheel nut caps, LED logo lights for the doors and a rubber pad for ease of jacking the car so I can get the wheels off to clean and wax

- Parcel shelf butler
    - cubby drawer (unless you want all its contents flying through the cabin every time you put your foot down_
    - frunk automatic lift gate (if you plan to use the frunk a lot - I don't really)
    - some sort of solution for cup holders in the rear for the kids
    - some sort of solution for power / 12V / USB in the rear for the kids
    - 240V power point in frunk
    - dog guard / trunk matting

- Parcel shelf butler
    Brilliant, have to get one of those for sure, have you ordered one?
    - cubby drawer (unless you want all its contents flying through the cabin every time you put your foot down
    100%, Aliexpress job
    - frunk automatic lift gate (if you plan to use the frunk a lot - I don't really)
    I'll let you be the guinea pig on that one, I've just had some solar powered blinds drive delivered today which will get my immediate attention
    - some sort of solution for cup holders in the rear for the kids
    Agreed, I'll just search Aliexpress for something suitable
    - some sort of solution for power / 12V / USB in the rear for the kids
    Maybe, just take some power from the fuse box and throw in a long cable of some sort, again Aliexpress
    So you won't need an inverter?
    - dog guard / trunk matting
    No to dog but 100% to matting, there are a huge amount of options out there

• Advertisement

Mine is a good bit more, €600+VAT, if it was a normal pickup area then I've used a guy in the past and he's €412 inc VAT so I just got snookered on location.

Tesla always supply that cable with CPO purchases but it's sometime "forgotten". I was haunting the CPO website but the spec I wanted was not quite right and you really have to pony up for the 24 month warranty whereas I did not have to pay that premium for my 28 month warranty.
    Also, with a CPO purchase you are completely blind to the car's upkeep history but with a private buy you can ask the guy what he has had done e.g. in my case the big 3, battery, MCU and drive motor

Pretty much what you want the warranty for in the first place. That and the handles.

Nice comfort having those done recently enough. The 28 month warranty is handy I guess, but you'd hope all the glitches from those early Model Ss would be found out by now, and replaced (as the previous owner seems to have done).

Is it generally accepted that the replacement parts would be longer lasting than the originals (ie. they're installing better revisions of the originals)?

Is it generally accepted that the replacement parts would be longer lasting than the originals (ie. they're installing better revisions of the originals)?

Handles are brand new design off the latest models, battery is reconditioned, motor I do not know, MCU1 is not currently being replaced with MCU2 but I will be able to find that out myself when I get my hands on the car.

- Parcel shelf butler
    Brilliant, have to get one of those for sure, have you ordered one?

Yeah, I got the lift kit from Abstract Ocean, a bit over EUR20 delivered. A bit dear for what it is, but it works well and is easy to install
    So you won't need an inverter?

You do need an inverter to get 240V AC from 12V DC :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Excellent news Slave1, can't wait to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

cool, blue is the nicest, miss mine :(

i got the same 'gift'a s unkel, rocked up to manchester, "wheres the charge cable"..."oh the wner kept it, they dont necessarily get sold with the cable"

5 mins later "i got you a free new cable"

gee thanks.

You got another car yet, copeyhagen?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

You got another car yet, copeyhagen?

driving an 08 mini cooper s for few months. .went from an absolute barge to a hairdressers mini car for getting around:D

leaning towards a new sr+ m3, unless a perfect MS appears in the UK..

gonna wait until about September though i think.

You do need an inverter to get 240V AC from 12V DC :D

Know that, I have one I use from time to time, just thought from the way you laid out the comment there was some magic piece of kit that leaves you with a 3 pin plug in the boot

copeyhagen wrote: »
    driving an 08 mini cooper s for few months.

Sure, that's no punishment :D

• Advertisement

Advertisement