Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Podpads Pandemic Clause

• 12-05-2020 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I had booked a PodPad at a cost of a 1000 euro for All together Now which has been rescheduled for next year. Unfortunately we can’t make it so have had to cancel.

I do have a lot of sympathy for people in the festival/gig sector however our own circumstances have drastically changed as well.

Has anyone ever used Podpads before For any festivals??

upon request of my refund they have referred me to the T&Cs which states that in times of a “Pandemic” we will only refund 50% of the booking. I’m just wondering was the an addendum to the contract, just after the Pandemic or was it there all along. Maybe somebody has used them last year and seen this same clause. If so I totally understand and commend them for having such a specific clause and will accept it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Companies can write anything in their terms and conditions. Doesn't mean it's applicable.

If it was cancelled at short notice after they've setup, maybe you could understand. But keeping the deposit and 50% when they've had no logistics costs is not on.

I've taken it up with a UK consumer group.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Kagey15

Thanks Phantom,

I was taken aback, the full booking cost was 940 they say they are entitled to 50% of that which is 470. I had made payments of 825 so they said they would refund me 355 which is the 825 less the 470 so they even amped up the 50% cost.

In the current climate I will get my 355 back anyway and I might broach the subject with the UK trading standards as they are an English registered company.

And you’re correct they have no set up costs or loss of profit as they will in all likelihood sell the PodPad again if the event goes ahead so it does seem pretty unfair as a customer I have to incur they losses of other events that may have been cancelled.

I did however agree to the terms and conditions so maybe it’s a case of should have read the fine print but like you said doesn’t mean they are legally correct. Will look into it more.

Thank you for your reply much appreciated

Companies can write anything in their terms and conditions. Doesn't mean it's applicable.

If it was cancelled at short notice after they've setup, maybe you could understand. But keeping the deposit and 50% when they've had no logistics costs is not on.

Thanks Phantom,

I was taken aback, the full booking cost was 940 they say they are entitled to 50% of that which is 470. I had made payments of 825 so they said they would refund me 355 which is the 825 less the 470 so they even amped up the 50% cost.

In the current climate I will get my 355 back anyway and I might broach the subject with the UK trading standards as they are an English registered company.

And you’re correct they have no set up costs or loss of profit as they will in all likelihood sell the PodPad again if the event goes ahead so it does seem pretty unfair as a customer I have to incur they losses of other events that may have been cancelled.

I did however agree to the terms and conditions so maybe it’s a case of should have read the fine print but like you said doesn’t mean they are legally correct. Will look into it more.

Thank you for your reply much appreciated

Thank Ghost Dancer great info

Jaysus they must have been friends with Bill Gates and known it was coming down the line.

I did agree to terms and conditions but as phantom said they are not out of pocket because of my involuntary decision and I believe they won’t be IF the festival goes ahead so may be worth a further look

Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

If you paid by credit card, check with your bank if you can reverse the charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Alkers

Can you keep it for next year? Could you sell it on?

Hopefully I can resolve it with the company but I’m def going to look into a charge back also even for a portion of it.

Thanks a lot
    If you paid by credit card, check with your bank if you can reverse the charges.

Ticketmaster have refunded me as the new date is impossible for me and the thoughts of holding on to it and trying to sell it for next year being that my own circumstances have changed so much would prob be a stretch. I did ask some friends but they had their own worries.

Ideally I could have held on to it and sold it on if I didn’t need the funds for this year.
    Alkers wrote: »
    Can you keep it for next year? Could you sell it on?

• Advertisement

Great Link Phantom. Thank you very much. Knowledge is power and it’s always so beneficial to have clear and concise instructions.

And in the interim it’s comforting to know that this is not an isolated event and other people feel the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ts_editor

Thanks TS

All this info is saving me so many headaches having to go find it so I genuinely appreciate it.

I was thinking it may be troublesome as I live in Ireland and Podpads is an English registered company. But thankfully in the age of connectivity and information sharing things aren’t that daunting. Which is the way it should be for genuine consumers.

Thanks again.
    ts_editor wrote: »

We've been sent our full refund by Podpads. So don't give up!

It only just hit me you were also looking for a refund phantom when I went back and read your first message.

That’s great news for you well done. Dawn just messaged me two days ago saying she refunded the 352 so obviously they are still trying their luck.

Do you mind if I ask what exactly you said or how did it come about?
    We've been sent our full refund by Podpads. So don't give up!

Hey Phantom tried to PM
    But your inbox is full this is my reply.

Jesus that boils my blood. She messaged me on the 14th only offering me the reduced amount. I?m sure they knew that article was being published well before the 15th.

And purposefully held off taking the heavy approach cos I genuinely felt for their industry. I even offered them 10% of my cost to help them out!!!

That?s all the fuel I need now to go at them full frontal. Shocking way to treat people.

Aren?t I glad now I put up a board and connected with you.

Thanks again all your info has been really great and hugely appreciated.

Kagey15 wrote: »
    It only just hit me you were also looking for a refund phantom when I went back and read your first message.

That’s great news for you well done. Dawn just messaged me two days ago saying she refunded the 352 so obviously they are still trying their luck.

Do you mind if I ask what exactly you said or how did it come about?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

Did anyone else pay in instalments for pod-pads and not have the most recent one taken out? Was due to have the final payment taken for EP and it didn't come out. I've mailed them two weeks ago but no reply.

Advertisement