Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Game Back - What Are You Looking Forward To?

• 11-05-2020 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭

A bit of a positive thread to gets us in the mood for return to golf. For me is the below....

1. Wearing shorts and tee-shirt and feeling the warmth as I'm walking down the first fairway.

2. The craic with my mates and the general chit chat about nothing.

3. Cant wait for my golfers suntan with the white left hand 😃

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

A bit of a positive thread to gets us in the mood for return to golf. For me is the below....

1. Wearing shorts and tee-shirt and feeling the warmth as I'm walking down the first fairway.

2. The craic with my mates and the general chit chat about nothing.

3. Cant wait for my golfers suntan with the white left hand 😃

Definitely the craic - and taking the €2!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Slicing the ball out of bounds on the first and laughing about it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭higster

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Slicing the ball out of bounds on the first and laughing about it!!

followed by a duck hook and simply not caring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

For me it will be the feeling that we are getting something back. The lifting of some restrictions. A return to some form of normality.

Just getting out there to do something that you love. Out on the course, not caring, not thinking about anything serious, catching up with friends, talking sh1te.

Bliss

• Registered Users Posts: 21,015 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

A sweet strike of a provisional!

But seriously, itll be my first time playing since October so just hoping its tshirt weather, thatll be enough for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭willabur

just looking forward to pegging it up and launching the ball out there
    Not expecting much from my first day back but when we get the qualifying comps back I'll look forward to getting back to my goal of getting to a sustainable single figure

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Too many to list them all, but a few
    • The feeling of a few first tee jitters
    • A day out on the course with my Dad
    • Playing for the Fiver. My Godfather, who is a terrible golfer, will be losing as we approach the 18th tee and without fail ask "Double-or-quits"...the look of joy on his face if he actually manages to win the 18th!
    • Hitting that one shot in the round that makes you say...yeah, I'm not bad at this game
    • Shaping the ball...on purpose :D
    • Getting my hands on my new golf clubs, whenever they manage to arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

PLAYING

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Travelling more than 5km. 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭blue note

I never play well when I'm expecting to. If I've been striking well, putting well I always need up somewhere along the way.

So since I have no right to have high expectations I reckon I'll be brilliant. I'm looking forward to shooting level par.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Travelling more than 5km. ��

Don't be bold :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Actually had a dream the other night where I was playing but couldn't hit the ball, no matter what I did I just kept fresh-airing it. Woke up in a cold sweat

Actually had a dream the other night where I was playing but couldn't hit the ball, no matter what I did I just kept fresh-airing it. Woke up in a cold sweat

Just keep that thought in your head as you tee it up for 1st time in months lol

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Break80

skulling my first chip through the green and thinking the past 6 weeks of back garden practice was a total waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,579 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

As a father of a 5 week old I'm looking forward to a break. Couldn't care less if I hit it sideways.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Spending 4 hours outside in the fresh air.

As a father of a 5 week old I'm looking forward to a break. Couldn't care less if I hit it sideways.

You probably will hit it sideways after all those supposed sleepless nights, Teeing it up and trying to hit the ball with 2 half shut eyes won't be easy..Congratulations BTW.. Treasure these times they go by quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 21,015 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

11 week old...have been building the brownie points so hopefully enough in the bank. Being off work helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Mushy wrote: »
    11 week old...have been building the brownie points so hopefully enough in the bank. Being off work helps

Don't think there is every enough brownie points built up. I'll be doing the night feeds for a week to get 4 hours on the course. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Can’t wait to get on the first tee thinking I fixed all my swing faults I have due to following Harrington’s tips on Instagram, then pulling it a mile left and nearly taking out my windscreen!

Good times are ahead!

• Advertisement

Chipping a ball through a gap in the trees back on to the fairway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Practice ground - just hitting balls down the practice ground for hours on end..... bitta peace and quiet and the joy of working on something. Cant be beaten

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ahnoyouregrand

Chipping a ball through a gap in the trees back on to the fairway.

+1

Rikand wrote: »
    Practice ground - just hitting balls down the practice ground for hours on end..... bitta peace and quiet and the joy of working on something. Cant be beaten

Yeah forgot about the driving range. It will be nice to get a bucket of balls and do a bit of practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Finally playing the round I was picturing in my head the last 8 weeks.
    Course record ready to be shattered.
    No one has ever shot 212 on my course with the same ball. God help all playing behind me.
    I will need to bathe in wd40.

Joking aside, just having a game with my mates will be great. Hit maybe a few decent shots but to be back on the course is all I am looking forward too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hitting a good drive on the first. Don't care about any other shot, but i think that first drive will go straight down the middle.

Believing it will happen is good enough, right? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Passed my course on this morning’s walk. Augusta on the Thursday of the Master’s wouldn’t look as good. Itching to step onto that first tee (and slice one onto the second fairway).

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Playing with my 11 and 13 year old in the fresh air and a little sun will do for me

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Passed my course on this morning’s walk. Augusta on the Thursday of the Master’s wouldn’t look as good. Itching to step onto that first tee (and slice one onto the second fairway).

You wish..... Snap hook at best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭seanl77

Rikand wrote: »

I know that our practice ground won't be open next week, same with the putting green and chipping area. Not allowed access to shared surfaces

Advertisement